Getting coloured smoke?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
QUOTE ([LB] @ Jan 17 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DarthHookah @ Aug 25 2006, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
one time, in my hookah i tried smoking three year old pipe tobacco using some charcoal briquettes and this thick blak smoke came out. also, this nasty black gunk started dripping from my nose.

o god.

OMFG ROFLMAO *dies*

When I use to smoke Al Amir Grape the smoke had a purple hue to it. It was Kinda Cool. But thats the only flavor or brand that ever gave me colored smoke.
Smiley laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
dry ice+water+food colouring?? might add some colour.

edit:

this also brings up another question. what about the whole "inhaling alcohol" deal paired with a hookah?? like dry ice in the base with like some sort of hard alcohol and dry ice?? i wonder if i just thought of an awsom idea smile.gif Edited by Vancity604

QUOTE (thunderhit @ Feb 2 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what about food coloring in the tobacco?

There is already artificial coloring in many tobaccos. Thats why your lemon flavour is bright RED in most cases. Still nothing besides white smoke. Except for my experiences with AF melon.....

Because it's different, that's why! That's why I like a lot of things; I'm just sick of the norm. That's a huge reason I started hookah smile.gif

I tried straight grape juice in the vase. I swear there was a slight tinge of purple/pink to the smoke, aside from tasting incredible.

• 7 months later...
QUOTE (mushrat @ Feb 3 2007, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (thunderhit @ Feb 2 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what about food coloring in the tobacco?

There is already artificial coloring in many tobaccos. Thats why your lemon flavour is bright RED in most cases. Still nothing besides white smoke. Except for my experiences with AF melon.....

what color do you get from it? my af melon is like an eggshell color, its beautiful in the fluffy clouds of af melon. god i love af melon .

Well, the chemistry of the situation is dyes can be destroyed by heat. Just because there is dye on the shisha, doesn't mean that it will produce colored smoke after combustion. Of course their are chemicals that can produced colored smoke when they combust just look at smoke bombs, but I am sure it would be a bad idea to inhale large amounts of those chemicals. Putting dye in the water would do nothing, the dye in the water won't color the smoke as it passes through. Anyways, the point is you are not going to be able to dye the smoke. Edited by joseph*

I'ma going to try out my grape juice thing again, except I'll add a whole vial of red food coloring, maybe the blue one too so I don't end up with disgusting pink. I'll let you guys know how it goes... *salutes*

• 2 years later...
I've heared that putting merlot in hookahs can give you red-purple smoke. Is this true? Would a diffuser help pick up color? if that didn't work what are other things that could work? Food coloring, beat dye?