Coco Buzz Coconut Coals

Chreees

• 1 month later...
Picked these up for 15 dollars which is a dollar cheaper than Coconaras and mazayas at our local smokeshop. The Coco Buzz coals are made in Indonesia and come in a yellow and red cardboard box with the coals wrapped in plastic inside like the nara's and mazaya's.

I personally feel like these don't work as well as mazaya's and nara's, from what I have experienced with these so far. They are extremely dense coals in comparison to nara's and mazaya's porous texture/composition and hardly leave any coal residue on your fingers. And they are all relatively uniform in size and shape in comparison to other coconut coals. You still have to utilize a hot plate or a coil burner to light them. However they take longer to light (probably because of how tightly made the coals are and because of my coil burner) and don't last as long as nara's and mazaya's. And their heat content isn't that great in comparison to other coconut coals unless utilizing a heat cover. I have smoked one bowl with purely Coco Buzz coconut charcoal's on my medium sized Tangier's funnel bowl with Tangier's cane mint. And I honestly did not get large clouds off of these and the taste feels some what....altered? It isn't as cool and smooth of a smoke as nara's and mazaya's would give, it honestly feels like the smoke is rougher, warmer and it is a chore to get the bowl started. I wouldn't recommend these to any one and I don't think I will be purchasing these coals again until they are greatly improved.

[i]My rating for them would be a; [/i]
[b]3/10 [/b]

- the package is similar to coconara's and cocomazaya's, with the same 108 piece content.
- Coals are not porous instead are dense and leave very little residue on one's fingers like Nara's and Mazaya's do.
- Coals take 'longer' (in my opinion) to light, and do not burn as hot as nara's and mazaya's do. Which makes the heating of the bowl difficult and a bit of a chore with out a heat cover.
- The smoke isn't that great, and heated/rougher.

• 4 months later...
[color=#ff0000][b]CocoBuzz Coconut Coals[/b][/color]

[b]Average Coal Size:[/b] 2.3cm x 2.3cm x 1.6cm
[b]Average Coal Weight:[/b] 9.0g
[b]Smoking Temperature Peak:[/b] 611.5 ˚F

[b]Packaging:[/b] Thick Cardboard box, wrapped with thick plastic wrap.
[b]Size Consistency:[/b] Somewhat consistent, some squares some parallelograms.
[b]Cutting Ease:[/b]Only Slight Pressure needed to cut
[b]Cutting Strength:[/b] Ashes slightly but cuts where uneven.

[b]Lighting Time:[/b] Flipped when lighting at 7:25 minutes; done at 11:06 minutes.
[b]Smell During Lighting:[/b] Strong awful smell.
[b]Smell During Smoking:[/b] Slight smell throughout the session.

[b]Taste:[/b] Slight Taste, but not terrible.
[b]Ash: [/b]Brick Red Ash, Kind of worries me.
[b]Longevity:[/b] 67minutes before the coals became too small to smoke well
[b]Heat Management: [/b]Flipped at 45 minutes, Windcover at 58 minutes

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 4/10 First off the smell when lighting is so off putting, it’s hard to put them on the bowl. But as far as how well the smoke, they smoke pretty well. There is a slight smell, when smoking but it’s very slight. Has a slight ash taste from it but it’s not much. You have to keep pulling on the hookah or the coals start going out quick, unlike other coconut coals. The thing that worries me the most is the color of the ash. The darker the ash, the more impurities in it…I have no idea what brick red ash means. Between the smell and the ash, I won’t pick these up again but if someone gave them to me I would use them.

• 8 months later...

I unfortunately ran thought all my coconaras and was on my last to starlight's mid session. So i decided to break out the last coals i had left which were a sample pack of STarbuzz Coco-Buzz coconut coals. 

Average Coal Size: 2.3cm x 2.3cm x 1.6cm
Average Coal Weight: 9.0g
Smoking Temperature Peak: 611.5 ˚F

Packaging: Thick Cardboard box, wrapped with thick plastic wrap.
Size Consistency: Somewhat consistent, some squares some parallelograms.
Cutting Ease:Only Slight Pressure needed to cut
Cutting Strength: Ashes badly but cuts where uneven.

Lighting Time: Flipped when lighting at 6.5-7 minutes total
Smell During Lighting: Strong nasty smell kind of like that creepy old 1 eye'd veteran Thailand prostitute on her period... (yes the one everyone avoids)
Smell During Smoking: strong smell through the duration the session.

Taste: like a burning turd . In short, terrible.
Ash: Brick Red Ash, Alarmed me pretty bad. 
Longevity: around an hour minutes before the coals became too small to smoke well
Heat Management: Terrible.. They burn way to hot and ruin the top part of my shisha. I never had this problem with any coal, and i had to throw them out mid session.

They burned my shisha in 25- 30 min after having them on.

Received From: 5StarHookah.com

Overall: 1/10

This is by far the worst coal i have ever used. This is coming from a person who used quicklights. I usually dont write bad reviews but Starbuzz, You guys should not manufacture these coals and let anyone get a hold of them. These coals are a hazard to anyone's well being. Shame on starbuzz for selling such garbage to the public. I wasted 2 perfectly good bowls using these. When i used them initially i put them on mid session because i ran out of starlights. At 1st i thought maybe the bowl was on 2 long so i emptied out the bowl of tang cocoa (amazing flavor) saw it was mostly still wet and juicy under the un-burned part.I was dumb enough to pack another bowl of tang and try again this time double checked packed it perfectly / evenly slightly below the spire. I never over-pack or under-pack when i double check.Same problem occurred the nasty coals burned the top part of the shisha and burned dark violent red. after 15 min the coco flavor disappeared and it tasted like burned ash. In short this is the worst coal i ever used. There are quicklights which are far better! I was never a fan of starbuzz but this changed my Entire perception of them. Starbuzz I hope you guys fall of the face of the earth. I never thought i can honestly hate any manufacturer so much. I will never touch another starbuzz product ever.