How To Prevent Hookah Coal From Falling

i need some way to prevent the coal from burning stuff if the hookah were to fall. some suggest wind covers but i only spent 11 on the hookah so im not looking to spend too much on a cover. whats the cheapest way to prevent the hookah form burning stuff?

Well...if you can help it, don't knock over your hookah :P

But on a more serious note I'd say buy a cheap rug that you can put down underneath it, so that that would get burnt instead.

^What these guys said about using foil to fab something up to prevent coals from falling.

For an $11 hookah, it's probably got a tiny tray, which doesn't do jack for catching falling coals. Some hookahs have larger trays and are actually quite good at catching kamikaze coals. ;)

I usually just look at the coals and tell them "Don't even think about it, I will put you in the sink and extinguish your asses if you do. Do you know how easily replaceable you are? I have HUNDREDS of coals JUST LIKE YOU in the cupboard. What, you think I'm scared to light some new ones up? Test me, motherfucker. I double dog dare you." and they usually just stay in place.
  • Upvote 4

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1338850019' post='548595']
I usually just look at the coals and tell them "Don't even think about it, I will put you in the sink and extinguish your asses if you do. Do you know how easily replaceable you are? I have HUNDREDS of coals JUST LIKE YOU in the cupboard. What, you think I'm scared to light some new ones up? Test me, motherfucker. I double dog dare you." and they usually just stay in place.
[/quote]

That's almost like what chuck Norris would do, but his words would be "don't you dare" lol or the coals would just feel his presence and not do anything.

Make a ghetto wind cover out of a large cut Arizona Ice tea can?

Not sure...

The ideas of making a foil lip sound pretty reasonable.

[quote name='grock' timestamp='1338877439' post='548617']

Not sure...

[/quote]

I remember reading somewhere (it might have been on here) that making a wind cover out of cans is bad, as the heat does something to the metal on the inside of the can and releases some gas or something. Hopefully, someone else can chime in!

[quote name='CO_hookah' timestamp='1338880775' post='548618']
[quote name='grock' timestamp='1338877439' post='548617']

Not sure...

[/quote]

I remember reading somewhere (it might have been on here) that making a wind cover out of cans is bad, as the heat does something to the metal on the inside of the can and releases some gas or something. Hopefully, someone else can chime in!
[/quote]

This is correct. Buy a windcover, they are cheap and then you don't have to worry. I've been using the stainless steel Nour one 5star has up on their site for a while and it's awesome.

[quote name='slashestranged' timestamp='1338944333' post='548670']
i may just do that foil thing. only thing is that u have to light the coal first right? so then u put the foil over the coal while its super hot?
[/quote]

No.

Maybe these pictures will help you see what we're talking about:

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/DSC00909.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/DSC00910.jpg[/IMG]

Made out of Reynolds HD foil, wrapped in a few layers, folded the edges in for support, and taped ON THE OUTSIDE once fitted to the bowl. Kinda mold the bottom to the bowl so it's secure.