Crown Hookah Knock-Offs

Saw this and thought you guys might want to know. - please note that I do not represent the company in any way.
"MESSAGE FROM SANTINO AT CROWNHOOKAHS

thought this was important

Well, this is rather unfortunate, but I knew it was going to happen. For 4 years I've been putting my blood, sweat, and tears into making this happen. I knew all along, EVENTUALLY someone would try to compete with me, however I didn't think it would be like this.

It has come to my attention that someone (still unknown) has been knocking my stuff off. I welcome competition, I knew this would happen, but I figured it would be someone coming out with their own designs of mouth pieces and bowls. Boy was I wrong. Someone has been taking my pictures of my glass and taking them to glass blowers to get them recreated. The micro funnel, the crown classic, the orbs, and more mouth pieces. Fairly soon you will see some website pop up with copies of my stuff. From my understanding they are pretty terrible copies, but none the less, it's easy to hide flaws in photographs. I'm not going to tell you where to buy your stuff, free enterprise and all that, but I would like you to know that the ONLY place to get legitimate Crown Hookahs products is from my website, or Aztec Highway in Salt Lake City (and possibly more places in the future, which I will let everyone know they are legit.) I understand that almost all of you reading this have been loyal to me, and I thank you for that, I just wanted you to know what was right around the corner, and it is NOT Crown Hookahs. It is NOT for the passion, it is for profit. Something that is completely opposite of us.

It makes my stomach turn knowing someone who obviously wasn't capable of free thought or design literally jacked my designs that I have been perfecting for years now (even before CH was even open.)

Buyer beware." Edited by taylormac1993

Wow...I hate that about the business world. I have had a business since I was 18, totally original, nothing copied from anyone else. Now, I see all these new companies and sites that are an exact replica of what I worked hard at.

I'm starting a new business in a different niche and it will likely lead to others doing the same as me. All innovators get copied. But the fact of the matter is, the copiers will never be as good as the innovators no matter how close they replicate the work.

Aside from these knock offs lacking the passion and inspiration that Santino puts into his products, I can bet you dollars to donuts they won't have the amazingly stellar service rep that Santino has either. Total bummer, but, for those of us involved in the hookah world, at least we can go forward with knowledge that this is going on and it (hopefully) won't affect his reputation outside of our communities.

The fuck? What assholes! I am with Tyler on this one. Simply making crappy knock offs doesn't mean that they will be able to match Santino's craftsmanship or his service, which honestly is one of the best in the industry. He truly cares about his customers, and I am yet to see someone who has had a bad experience with him. Hell! There was a thread just the other day about someone buying his crown phunnel seconds, and he/she still loved them.

I too would have liked to see some competition when it comes to glass products for hookah, but not this way. This is just low.

That's awful but I know that if I want Quality Glass I go to CrownHookahs.com because they are absolutely the best and worth every penny!

I love all my mouth pieces and bowls I have gotten from Santino and I think they may last forever.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1338820732' post='548564']
That's awful but I know that if I want Quality Glass I go to CrownHookahs.com because they are absolutely the best and worth every penny!

I love all my mouth pieces and bowls I have gotten from Santino and I think they may last forever.
[/quote]

Exactly what Stuie has said!!

I really appreciate this guys. Also thanks Mushy for pinning this. Means a lot. I've worked hard to develop my brand, and I wouldn't be so irate if someone was just creating their own designs, but printing the pictures of my stuff off and taking it to glass blowers and having them recreate it is just low. I still don't know exactly who is responsible, but I have a big hunch they're in Texas, and possibly California.

All the kind words mean a lot. I can't thank you guys enough for the loyalty. I don't want to tell you where to spend your hard earned dollars, but I'm very happy that you chose me. Means a tremendous amount.

[quote name='Santino' timestamp='1338837463' post='548578']
I really appreciate this guys. Also thanks Mushy for pinning this. Means a lot. I've worked hard to develop my brand, and I wouldn't be so irate if someone was just creating their own designs, but printing the pictures of my stuff off and taking it to glass blowers and having them recreate it is just low. I still don't know exactly who is responsible, but I have a big hunch they're in Texas, and possibly California.

All the kind words mean a lot. I can't thank you guys enough for the loyalty. I don't want to tell you where to spend your hard earned dollars, but I'm very happy that you chose me. Means a tremendous amount.
[/quote]
I have 2 of your bowls and have been eyeing those mouth pieces. I think anyone in these hookah communities that have bought from you will be a loud voice to stand up against anyone that is trying to rip your brand and hard work off. Keep up the good work and stay focused on your own work. One thing I've learned in the business world when someone does something like this is to only raise attention to it at the start (which you have) and leave it alone. Focus your energy on doing the hookah world good and karma will do the rest.

[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1338751598' post='548518']
Wow...I hate that about the business world. I have had a business since I was 18, totally original, nothing copied from anyone else. Now, I see all these new companies and sites that are an exact replica of what I worked hard at.

I'm starting a new business in a different niche and it will likely lead to others doing the same as me. All innovators get copied. But the fact of the matter is, the copiers will never be as good as the innovators no matter how close they replicate the work.
[/quote]

walmart. amazon.

[quote name='kenshinx23' timestamp='1338870559' post='548615']

[/quote]

walmart. amazon.
[/quote]
Both are innovators in their own way :rolleyes:

I may cruise over to Crown Hookah and buy a new bowl just to spite the imitators.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1338920497' post='548640']

[/quote]

walmart. amazon.
[/quote]
[/quote]

so its okay to start out as copiers as long as you move into the inovation side, but its not okay to be a pure copy, or well in your mind anyway?

[quote name='kenshinx23' timestamp='1340657186' post='550015']
[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1338920497' post='548640']

[/quote]

walmart. amazon.
[/quote]
[/quote]

so its okay to start out as copiers as long as you move into the inovation side, but its not okay to be a pure copy, or well in your mind anyway?
[/quote]
Oh watch out, we have a mind reader in here. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1338800766' post='548558'] There was a thread just the other day about someone buying his crown phunnel seconds, and he/she still loved them. [/quote]

That would have been me. I just bought a mouthpiece from him. I'll have to update that thread with pics of the pieces I've gotten.

[quote name='Santino' timestamp='1338837463' post='548578'] All the kind words mean a lot. I can't thank you guys enough for the loyalty. I don't want to tell you where to spend your hard earned dollars, but I'm very happy that you chose me. Means a tremendous amount. [/quote]

Told'ja we love you here!

I was one of his first customers and he made me a completely custom bowl for my FSU hookah to use on game-day. I love it. Even at the start no other glass bowl has come close to the quality of craftmanship and practicality. I love my hose tip that he made for me custom as well. He is a class act and makes amazing products, even custom orders arent that expensive compared to most people! Thank you Santino and when I get more money I will definately hit you up for more custom work :)

• 3 weeks later...
As much of a thorn in his side it will be, I'm not that worried. People don't buy RC cola if they want Coca-Cola. They buy Coca-Cola.

Santino will always have a defining line drawn between the competition and himself. If anyone is naive enough to choose their product over his, they're just as tunnel-visioned as the manufacturers are. Stick with the glass that launched the market.

• 5 months later...
[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1355683030' post='565244']
LOL. Every time someone mentions them we should just post that picture, possibly adding in "Never Forget".
[/quote]

Sounds good to me, But I vote that someone re sizes it so it doesnt become a thread destroyer. :P