Questions For Opening A New Shisha Cafe

Hi everyone

I am wondering if people can help me out. I'm looking to open a hookah lounge in London Ontario. Does anyone know the legal laws and license laws or any laws that I will have to encounter as I try and open my business. I want my customers to be able to smoke Al Fakhr tobacco too. I do know there are shisha cafes in Mississauga and Toronto that allow customers to smoke real tobacco Al Fakhr. Please people do let me know and share your opinion. Thank you

ok, this is the first test of owning a business. If you can't figure out how to find if your business is legal, you probably shouldn't open said business.

Not being mean, but its kinda basic, you check the laws where you live. If thats too hard, then figuring out everything else is gonna be a real challenge. :)

That begin said, kindly refrain from spamming the same post in more than one forum area or i will have to put you on moderator review and approve all your posts before everyone else can see them. And im notorious for being behind in my reviews.

I suggest reading the sticky thread about opening a hookah lounge, good advice in there and feel free to ask more specific questions when you have figured out the basics.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Knowing the difficulties of Canada, you're best off going the Shiazo route. Even if tobacco is legal, it sounds like a ridiculous headache.

Depends on what you need the lawyer for. I used a program called Quicken Business Pro. Cost about $100 and will draw up any legal document you might need for a business, including leases, partnerships, bills of sale, promissory notes, the works. I know you can tell them what state in the US you live in and it will tailor your documents to be legal in your state. I don't know if that also works for Canada. I used the program to draw up the paperwork, then had a lawyer review them for about $200 dollars instead of having a lawyer write them up for about 10X that amount. He asked how i got them written up and I told him a computer program. He asked me not to tell anyone. :)