How To Make A Fruit Head

chaldo

Hey everyone, im new to this forum, and I know someone probably already mentioned this but oh well, I am sorry I do not have really that much pictures yet but I will try to explain this as easy as possible.

I love smoking hookah with fruit heads, my favorite Orange and Grape Fruits

[url="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JtUqz4hqn6Y"][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/27xlcog.jpg[/img][/url]

in this senario I am using a grape fruit.

1. First you take the orange, or grape fruit and cut the top not so much where you take out the whole thing half way, just like 1/4 of the fruit and cut inside so u make room to fit the tobacco.

2. After you make that room, take the stem of your hookah and from the bottom of the fruit in the middle poke it and make a hole through the middle of the fruit.

3. Take something like a pipe screen which I love using, and put it inside the fruit head where the hole is so the tobacco does not fall. If you do not have something like that, tooth picks work too, all you do is lay around 2/3 diagonally in the middle (there will still be some space for the air of course and maybe a little bit of tobacco to fall but if you do it right you shouldn't have a problem) as soon as something is there to cover the hole so tobacco just doesnt fall out at that point you pack the tobacco almost all the way to the top.

4. cut some tin foil out, and put it on the fruit head, use tooth picks all around just like in the picture I posted to hold the foil on the fruit.

5. of course make your holes on the head, I love using thumb tacks I think they do the best job, or a tooth pic of course.

6 take the rubber part that goes on the bottom of the head and try to make the hole bigger at the bottom to fit the rubber piece (sometimes u have to force it in there, but it will work out just fine) .. if you really cant fit it in their, just put the head on without it (i have before when I didnt have the rubber piece it smokes fine, but I personally think the rubber piece helps it out.

7. Put the fruit head on the hookah, light up 2 coals try to put them right next to each other when you smoke, not ontop. Normally putting them right next to eachother works out the best.

8. Have fun and enjoy.

Leave me any comments bellow, ill try to post pictures and I would love to hear peoples experience.

Thanks again. Edited by chaldo

• 3 weeks later...
We made a "phunnel" bowl out of a apple on our channel, it smoked great, we did a speed laps of how to make it, it's pretty simple just gotta carve it out and you are good to smoke!
http://youtu.be/Up7ECuRWWMc

• 3 weeks later...
Also guys remember how I mentioned you can use tooth picks to kind of cover the whole inside the fruit to make it so most of the tobacco doesn't fall. I have used pipe screens and they are the best thing so far I have ever used on fruit heads they look like this

[IMG]http://www.materialexport.com/pipescreen/ss1_400.jpg[/IMG]

• 4 months later...
If esky means the box full of ice then its probably cause some people like to have their smoke cooled off to ridiculously low temperatures. In my opinion (and several other members here really) thats a waste cause it diminishes flavor but we all like different things :)

[quote name='Bawhee' timestamp='1355406620' post='564817']
If esky means the box full of ice then its probably cause some people like to have their smoke cooled off to ridiculously low temperatures. In my opinion (and several other members here really) thats a waste cause it diminishes flavor but we all like different things :)
[/quote]

I tried this last night (the ice i mean). I was getting little to no smoke, i put 5-6 ice cubes in the base and my smoke got thicker instantly. i didnt notice a difference in flavour, but im not the worlds biggest shisha enthusiast.