How I Set Up My Vortex Bowl With 1 Coconara

Sporq

I've managed to get decent clouds off of 1 coconara coal on my pyrex vortex bowl with this method. It saves me money, considering I smoke my hookah way too much, and saves me money on coals.

First, pack the bowl by "feathering" in the shisha, making sure it is light and fluffy, and fills the area for it.

then put on your foil, and punch two rings around the outside.

Finally, light your coconara, and break it in half (I use an ice pick) then place both halves on one side of the bowl right on the edge, but not covering the holes. Place your wind screen on, and you can pretty much keep it on the entire session.

after a few draws, you should get a decent smoke from it, and can light a second coconara for the other half of the bowl.

[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/heeroyuy02/photobucket-4612-1337426900820.jpg[/img]

(and yes, I know I need to clean that hookah.) Edited by Sporq

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I think I would break the coal before I light it. Mainly because if it explodes for some weird reason, you could do some damage.

I've broken them before and after lighting. It really doesn't seem to matter much. I haven't had any coals explode on me in the hundreds I've done so far, but I have had a few break into quarters and such or had bad breaks where I get funky shapes, but nothing with any force behind it. I HAVE had an autolight coal basically explode on me while it was lighting though. That was kinda spectacular. I'm glad I had it in my metal coal bowl that I use to transport between outside / kitchen to the hookah.