"sexy And I Know It" Cover - Better Than Original

DrSmokes

I would love to have this guy's CD and listen to it while smoking. There needs to be more great voice + acoustic combos out there like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsvlsuLau5c

He has a lot of other songs. I'm absolutely amazed by this guy's voice.
  • Upvote 1

I enjoyed the song more this way. His voice does not match his look at all! Its a nice surprise that way.

Also, its the first time I've heard the lyrics, besides the song title over and over...lol

Yeah, his looks definitely don't reflect how great his voice is. I was blown away when he sang those first few words.

I would love to hear some of his original works.

He claims to be "organic"

Im sure there is a little bit of tuning goin on, but for the most part, I believe that is mainly his voice. Saw a live performance online of him, sounded pretty similar.

Needless to say, first time I heard this, MINDBLOWN. His other covers are sick too. Mumford and Sons White Blank Page is scary accurate.

Oh, and his guitar playing is spot on too. VERY impressive, especially in some other songs. Edited by grock

I saw this, and while it was okay, cover songs just don't do it for me. I would be far more impressed if he just wrote some amazing songs and played them, if he can't do that, then he basically has a fantastic career ahead of him as a session musician (who probably wouldn't even end up do backing vocals) or a glorified cover band (Boyce Avenue is a prime example, also, putting "avenue" in your band name is a great way to show you have no imagination). Re-imagining takes far less talent than actually creating something from scratch. Though, since youtube has become scouting grounds for lazy talent agents, I wouldn't be surprised if the industry machine turns him into something marketable and hooks him up with some well-written songs from some swedish producers who nobody knows the name of (but who have written the majority of massively popular pop songs from the last 15 years) and he's big on billboard in a few years and there is some heartwarming story about how he was "discovered" on youtube.

But, yeah, good on the guy for doing something he enjoys and has talent at.

/my opinion
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1337367323' post='547546']
I saw this, and while it was okay, cover songs just don't do it for me. I would be far more impressed if he just wrote some amazing songs and played them, if he can't do that, then he basically has a fantastic career ahead of him as a session musician (who probably wouldn't even end up do backing vocals) or a glorified cover band (Boyce Avenue is a prime example, also, putting "avenue" in your band name is a great way to show you have no imagination). Re-imagining takes far less talent than actually creating something from scratch. Though, since youtube has become scouting grounds for lazy talent agents, I wouldn't be surprised if the industry machine turns him into something marketable and hooks him up with some well-written songs from some swedish producers who nobody knows the name of (but who have written the majority of massively popular pop songs from the last 15 years) and he's big on billboard in a few years and there is some heartwarming story about how he was "discovered" on youtube.

But, yeah, good on the guy for doing something he enjoys and has talent at.

/my opinion
[/quote]

Excellent.

Does anyone else think he sounds a bit like Dave Matthews?

Yeah, he does sound a little bit like Dave Matthews.

If you search far enough, you'll find that he is a songwriter, too.

But he looks more like Steven Page from Barenaked Ladies. :lol: Edited by gramps