Help Me Identify This!

noahsj2011

My friend and I got this at the local shop and the owner knew nothing about them but i knew this was old and a syrian.... apparantly they dont make this style anymore and i know its a narwas and ideas on the model name? we got it for $80 with the leather hose for free! and any info on where to get vases?

Yeah, it's an Al Nawras. Good find! These were being sold online (mainly eBay for this model IIRC) a while back, that originally came from a huge stock of them from some dude in Cali (HJ and HC got many of them). I like this style a lot; it's neat and different the way you can see the inner stem in the middle part. Unfortunately Al Nawras doesn't give their different models names. Some of the vendors gave them names, but I don't think this one was even ever carried by any of the vendors so you don't even have the name the vendor gave it to go by, lol. Just do what I do and call it an "Al Nawras Brass Syrian." ;) As for vases, just any smaller size 26 vase will be ideal. I have mine on a very short vase, only 8" tall. As long as it's 7-8" tall and has a 1.75" diameter opening (when looking for one online you can always message the seller and ask them the dimensions, what I did for mine which came off of eBay), you're good to go. They'll fit bigger vases, but will look awkward most of the time and you may have trouble with your water level, so something to look out for.

Congrats on your purchase, Noah! You really honestly could not have purchased a better pipe, IMO. :)

Oh... and you said "them." Does this mean there are more than just the one you purchased? :D

Looks legit! Actually every single piece of gear on that pipe looks like solid quality. And it's easy on the eyes!

[img]http://tvtshirt.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/awesome-as-fuck-green-day-t-shirt.jpg[/img]

Thanks guys! and as for "them" here is a picture of the other two hookahs he has he really doesnt know anything about them let alone their worth so it was easy for me to talk him down but here you go! I talked to Pavo and he said that he didnt like the hose port on the egyptian and I agree it looked kind of dented and I'm not sure if that is just natural or if it was not a quality pipe.

The one with the extreme-angle hoseport is an old Khalil Mamoon Kafae. The really old ones have the hoseports like that (which I find to be a bit ridiculous, but that is all subjective). As for the smaller guy on the right of your Nawras, I want to say that is an old Turkish pipe judging by what looks to be no purge valve and male-bowl configuration.

[quote name='noahsj2011' timestamp='1333318494' post='543870']
would it be worth it for me to go pick up the old km for $80?
[/quote]

Complete, hose and vase? Yes. I think that is VERY fair, especially considering (I think anyway) the old KMs are better than the new ones in terms of being quality pipes.

[quote name='noahsj2011' timestamp='1333326010' post='543875']
What would the worth of these be since they are older and the km one doesn't have lotus flowers on the tray rest it has writing though did the old km's have that?
[/quote]

I'd have to see it to know for sure. I want to say that some of the old ones did have writing instead of the common lotus flowers, but I can't say with 100% confidence. Maybe someone else can? Sorry, man. :( Can you get additional pics, perhaps?

So noah brought that hookah to the lounge last night was super nice smoked good was SUPER HEAVY but it looked like it was used cuase there was a couple dents near the downstem and there was a diffuser on it already took it off and it was a used pipe but was super beautiful:)

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1333337762' post='543891']
So noah brought that hookah to the lounge last night was super nice smoked good was SUPER HEAVY but it looked like it was used cuase there was a couple dents near the downstem and there was a diffuser on it already took it off and it was a used pipe but was super beautiful:)
[/quote]

That was one hell of a sentence man

Haha, Jon, I imagined Pavo saying all that without taking any time to exhale/inhale. What I tend to do when periods are missing, haha.

I wish we had more Nawras on the market. Such good hookahs. Or just Syrians in general...

That is a LOVELY pipe you have there. I bought one quite a while back and unfortunately sold it almost immediately for twice the purchase price, thinking that I could easily replace it. This turned out NOT to be the case, however!!!

I would be cautious about purchasing a KM without the lotus flowers on the tray rest, but I do recall something about older models NOT having this design. Hopefully a resident KM expert will chime in with some info!!!!

I got the supposed KM for $70, it smokes very very well and regardless of if it is a KM or not the quality of the stem is a lot better than my old KM Black Pear in which the seal was wearing off and pieces were moving and juice would drip throughout the stem.

[quote name='noahsj2011' timestamp='1333649357' post='544117']
I got the supposed KM for $70, it smokes very very well and regardless of if it is a KM or not the quality of the stem is a lot better than my old KM Black Pear in which the seal was wearing off and pieces were moving and juice would drip throughout the stem.
[/quote]

Nice! Can you get a pic of the tray rest for us?