Zaghoul Tobacco

YEAH TY!! im glad this came back up, i think everyone should try experients with hookah, since its all we have left. even if its already been done. But i also mixed DA with Zag and it was amazing, so i will be getting more flavors and mixing them with zag maybe some oils to. we will see. :)  Zaghoul ON!

Yeah it is definitely different from zag. Kass super is really good, much sweeter and fruitier where as the khan is much more smokey. I like khan the best so far out of all of them, it just mixes so well with other flavors. I managed to get a hold of a couple boxes of bata but don't want to try them because I'd rather let you guys try them out.

Whats wrong with just putting the coals on top? I like the taste and feel better when its combusted... foiling it is too frou frou for me. 

There is nothing wrong with that when it is straight black tobacco. But when mixed with flavored tobacco it just needs the foil!

As mattario said, the modern flavored tobaccos don't respond as well to the direct heat, as though Zaghloul is classic I wouldn't go so far as to say it's traditional. I wouldn't smoke Zaghloul or Bata without foil, as it's just not necessary. (Not knocking people who no-foil Zaghloul, just my personal preference.) Though I do prefer my Salloum plain no-foil as that's how I was taught it.. Zag is still just another flavor of nakhla, albeit a non-flavor.

Putting the coals right on destroys the flavor, all you taste is burning.

I think some people are more sensitive to the burning taste than others. I definitely taste flavor. And I like the burning taste too... like smoking a pipe.

I don't like the taste of burning Tangiers, AF, or Nak though... just to be clear.

i do think some people are more sensitive to it then others, i have friends that smoke a bowl and it taste liek burt butthole to me but they say it taste good. so.