Want To Talk About A Bad Hair Day!

This is one country that is really in need of a new government.
How can anyone think they can reason with any nation that condones actions like this?

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/iraqi-teenagers-stoned-death-emo-haircuts

They were killed by religious extremists. If there wasn't so much religious diversity (ideally, [i]no[/i] religious influence) over there, Iraq wouldn't be the shit hole that it is. The Iraqi government doesn't have a clear separation between 'church and state', so to speak. Therefore, any elected official will favor one demographic based upon their religious ideologies (i.e: Saddam).

[quote name='Quizit' timestamp='1331514660' post='542239']
They were killed by religious extremists. If there wasn't so much religious diversity (ideally, [i]no[/i] religious influence) over there, Iraq wouldn't be the shit hole that it is. The Iraqi government doesn't have a clear separation between 'church and state', so to speak. Therefore, any elected official will favor one demographic based upon their religious ideologies (i.e: Saddam).
[/quote]

ok yah, but how can the gov't stand by and let it happen? Unless the group is supported by the gov't...but honestly that is on the tenth level of wrong, so so wrong. yes their beliefs are different but killing, teen and pre-teens because they dont look like everyone else? WTH? Almost goes back to the Salem Witch Trials, point fingers and kill and ask questions later (and sometimes the questions dont happen). just my two cents

~headhunter

Edit: ignore the first part just realized Quizit's posts meaning....leave me alone im tired.. Edited by headhunter

What is hilarious is that religious extremists only make up a [i][u]very little[/u][/i] amount of the the populace yet they govern so much power over everyone else - Because they make the most noise hypothetically. Plus being the pain in the ass to every one else and giving the culture/religion a bad image. It is completely wrong and medieval of the citizens to police the youth and potentially many other age brackets based on how they look - conventional and unconventional. And it is surprising that the Government allows this to even be played out. And that these views and actions are against basic human rights.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Satou' timestamp='1332308419' post='542995']
What is hilarious is that religious extremists only make up a [i][u]very little[/u][/i] amount of the the populace yet they govern so much power over everyone else - Because they make the most noise hypothetically. Plus being the pain in the ass to every one else and giving the culture/religion a bad image. It is completely wrong and medieval of the citizens to police the youth and potentially many other age brackets based on how they look - conventional and unconventional. And it is surprising that the Government allows this to even be played out. And that these views and actions are against basic human rights.
[/quote]

+1 for truth sir.

[quote name='Hellz' timestamp='1332610631' post='543225']
Emo kids were beaten to death with rocks eh? I fail to see the problem.
[/quote]

The definition of "emo" for a religious nut-job is probably different than that of a normal person's. They probably looked like a regular person with medium-length, shaggy hair (the general populous of American males). Edited by Quizit

[/quote]

Sir, that was so unfathomably judgmental and offensive that i dont even know. To Far.

[quote name='Quizit' timestamp='1333036846' post='543665']
[/quote]

The definition of "emo" for a religious nut-job is probably different than that of a normal person's. They probably looked like a regular person with medium-length, shaggy hair (the general populous of American males).
[/quote]

That doesn't even matter. What Hellz said was disgusting either way.

[quote name='Christopher Mason Taylor' timestamp='1333203954' post='543788']
[/quote]

The definition of "emo" for a religious nut-job is probably different than that of a normal person's. They probably looked like a regular person with medium-length, shaggy hair (the general populous of American males).
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, Yes it was. totally unrealistic and uninformed if you ask me.

[quote name='Christopher Mason Taylor' timestamp='1333203954' post='543788']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasn't defending him. I was telling him that an "emo" in [s]hell[/s] the Middle East probably had more resemblance to a typical American, than what we (as Americans) would classify as an emotionally-disturbed individual. In short, this was probably just another excuse for religious extremists to kill people who didn't share their maniacal viewpoints. Several centuries ago, the Bible mentioned that individuals who wore "colored" clothing were to be killed. All religion has delusional elements that make sense to nobody except the followers of said religious sect.

• 4 weeks later...
That is just one dumb group of people, its like back in the 90's when all these new fads came out and if u weren't part of it you were lame or sucked or got beat up and its just all stupid judgmental shit, who cares how you dress its how you act and react towards life. religion once again causing issues