Elmas At 5Star

lol i see , makes sense, its cool its like a mini elmas for 120 but the base is bigger then the hookah ... 20 dollars more for 628 is prime

The 628 and 618 are def the best bang for the buck, I wanted the 639 originally over the 618 but just for 2 extra bumps on the pipe it was gonna cost an extra like 75-80 (no one that stocked the 639 would sell just the stem so it was gonna be around 180-200) and I got the 618 from chrees for waay less than that. The mini one is c and the designs on it are cool too but I think it is too small too.

I was going to but shipping was like $50 and the actual pipe for a 618/628 was like $40 right? So it comes out to around 90? I paid 100 for just stem shipped, I have zero use for the bowl hose vase etc. So the 10 difference and loss of accessories doesn't bother me. I was told elmas won't sell a 639 just the stem from a few sources ... do you know if they do? Not like it matters at this point b/c I already have the 618 which I am completely satisfied with. But I do want one of their high end vases, they look super nice and it would be nice to add to the collection but if shipping is gonna be 50 and the vase runs ummm 41.05 USD according to nargilestore you are looking at 91 total which I would do for a vase of that quality. Anyone want to call for me that speaks Turkish :-)

Yeah. That glass is not cheap though.

By the way, 5 Star's new models, the Eagle and Canary...are the wrong color :facepalm: They're meant to be the colors of the Beşiktaş ( Eagle mascot, white/black) and Fenerbahçe (Canary mascot, blue/yellow) teams, respectively.... The Lion one, which he doesn't have, for the record, is Galatasaray (red/yellow)
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
Anyone have actual photos of the 636? I see some on elmasnargiles site and obviously on nargilestore but I want actual photos not stock photos. I ordered one and the suspense is already killing me and I ordered it this morning hahaha this is going to be an anxious 5-6 weeks coming up lol. Lets hope it arrives right before xmas for a gift to meeeeeeee :-)

Oh and if anyone was wondering total with shipping, fees, and everything came out to like $290 the camel would have been the same price and the osmanli was going to be $455 or so. I decided I liked the elegance and cleanliness of the kafesli over the figurlu types such as the osmanli and deve figurlu (camel).

The camel one bugs me. The canary is the only figured Elmas that looks good, frankly. Other Turkish pipe vendors have better designs for the Eagle and Wolf, among others.

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1353129428' post='561830']
The camel one bugs me. The canary is the only figured Elmas that looks good, frankly. Other Turkish pipe vendors have better designs for the Eagle and Wolf, among others.
[/quote]

That makes me even happier that I decided to go with the kafesli.

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1353130012' post='561833']
I've only seen elmas and el nefes for turkish pipes, I would like to see more than elmas..would be cool.
[/quote]

Oh, I've spent a LONG time on google looking for Turkish pipe vendors. Elmas still looks like the best quality, but some of their designs are a bit whack.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1353129428' post='561830']
[/quote]

i agree. i think the canary elmas is the only one with the figure on it that looks good.

PS I was just in Istanbul Airport, where they sell Demirkan nargiles, a brand I've often seen online. They look like Elmas from a distance but the quality is really lacking. Just an FYI