Elmas At 5Star

I am just interested in how they are priced. I do not see them being cheaper then Mahir, and even if they were I would still rather order from him due to my experience with 5star. And I mean, he charged 60$ for a cheap Turkish Hose, and Mahir charges 50$ for an elmas hose.

[quote name='S3cretz' timestamp='1331370336' post='542024']
[quote name='navy876' timestamp='1331359538' post='542012']
Its funny how most Vendors say they dont make much "profit" off of what they sell. But I dont know if its just me, But I think thats all crap. I mean, they have to make a living one way or another? Why not over price an item that is only available over Seas?
[/quote]
Would I have bought an 618 from mahir If it cost $200. No
Same goes for 90% of his clientèle. Most hookah smokers are students tight on cash That cant afford paying exorbitant amounts.
So making it $200 would cut out alot of clients thus not justifying the $200 pricetag forcing it to become something like $400 just to break even.
But selling 60 hookahs at 160$ with a 10$ profit on each equates to $600 of profit. Vs where if you charged $400 for one youd probably only sell one or two per month. $480 profit. See the logic Remember the Idea is to cut your running cost as soon as possible.
[/quote]

It looks good on paper, but this wouldn't work in a real world situation. It may work with wholesale, but in terms of retailers no one wants to invest $9000 to make $600. That's also assuming you sell them incredibly fast. Truthfully in the time it takes to sell 60 hookahs, the warehouse rent, web hosting fees, domain fees, employees, income taxes, and other overhead would eat that $600 up like nothing.

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1331578034' post='542280']
I am just interested in how they are priced. I do not see them being cheaper then Mahir, and even if they were I would still rather order from him due to my experience with 5star. [b]And I mean, he charged 60$ for a cheap Turkish Hose, and Mahir charges 50$ for an elmas hose.[/b]
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm mainly interested in seeing how they are priced as well.

Your bolded sentence is exactly what leads me to believe 5Star's will be more expensive than Mahir's.

Im guessing 250-300 for the 628

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1331583380' post='542287']
[/quote]

Lol, that's a very far fetched guess. Apparently no one knows how much these things actually cost to order direct. 5star is in it, just like any other vendor, to be competitive and sell things. I doubt they would order anything with the intentions of selling it $100-150 more than another vendor, just saying.

[quote name='KasbahBazaar' timestamp='1331590612' post='542305']
[/quote]

Lol, that's a very far fetched guess. Apparently no one knows how much these things actually cost to order direct. 5star is in it, just like any other vendor, to be competitive and sell things. I doubt they would order anything with the intentions of selling it $100-150 more than another vendor, just saying.
[/quote]

Why dont you take a look at what they are charging for the Al Fakher hookahs then, because they are overpriced by about that much. Mahir is only keeping two models in stock, by the picture they post they seem to have more. I absolutely think they will over charge, as they are already over charging for other things. Being rare/hard to get does not always make the value of something over the top high.

[/quote]

I was thinking more around $180-200, but we'll just have to wait and see I guess. :lol:

EDIT: $180-200 for the 628 and 618 models... The bigger ones such as the Patapya, no telling how much they will be...

[quote name='Santino' timestamp='1331578109' post='542281']
[quote name='S3cretz' timestamp='1331370336' post='542024']
[quote name='navy876' timestamp='1331359538' post='542012']
Its funny how most Vendors say they dont make much "profit" off of what they sell. But I dont know if its just me, But I think thats all crap. I mean, they have to make a living one way or another? Why not over price an item that is only available over Seas?
[/quote]
Would I have bought an 618 from mahir If it cost $200. No
Same goes for 90% of his clientèle. Most hookah smokers are students tight on cash That cant afford paying exorbitant amounts.
So making it $200 would cut out alot of clients thus not justifying the $200 pricetag forcing it to become something like $400 just to break even.
But selling 60 hookahs at 160$ with a 10$ profit on each equates to $600 of profit. Vs where if you charged $400 for one youd probably only sell one or two per month. $480 profit. See the logic Remember the Idea is to cut your running cost as soon as possible.
[/quote]

It looks good on paper, but this wouldn't work in a real world situation. It may work with wholesale, but in terms of retailers no one wants to invest $9000 to make $600. That's also assuming you sell them incredibly fast. Truthfully in the time it takes to sell 60 hookahs, the warehouse rent, web hosting fees, domain fees, employees, income taxes, and other overhead would eat that $600 up like nothing.
[/quote]So I was right?? ^.^

You can order a 628 from germany..comes with a cleaning kit...250g of tobacco, and 2 bowls....windcover...coal tray...tongs...of coarse the hose...shipped for $200 to the USA.

Vendors in the USA....have to come under that or we will just order from germany

$200?!? My 628 from NazarHookah was $150. Got all you mentioned except the tobacco and extra bowl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 2335
Date Ordered: Saturday 28 January, 2012

[b]Products[/b]
1 x 24" Elmas Nargile 628 Solid Brass Turkish Hookah - Frost Striped $150.00 --------- Sub-Total: $150.00 Discount Coupon: ShipMeFree : -$9.50 Flat Rate (Best Way): $0.00 Total: $150.00
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know. I paid a ton for shipping on the last order of snus from Sweden.

Mahir is in Florida. I'm in Alabama. It's almost next door! :D Edited by gramps

[quote name='twoapplesplease' timestamp='1331593634' post='542320']
You can order a 628 from germany..comes with a cleaning kit...250g of tobacco, and 2 bowls....windcover...coal tray...tongs...of coarse the hose...shipped for $200 to the USA.

[b]Vendors in the USA....have to come under that or we will just order from germany[/b]
[/quote]

Don't forget the language barrier when it comes to ordering from Germany or Turkey. Big deterrent for most Americans who don't understand. Not to mention the payment options...

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1331596408' post='542333']
Don't forget the language barrier when it comes to ordering from Germany or Turkey. Big deterrent for most Americans who don't understand. Not to mention the payment options...
[/quote]

Communication w/ Sevgi of Elmas Germany is very easy actually, they are just pretty pricey.

[quote name='KasbahBazaar' timestamp='1331598217' post='542335']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1331596408' post='542333']
[/quote]

Communication w/ Sevgi of Elmas Germany is very easy actually, they are just pretty pricey.
[/quote]

SUPER pricey

I myself have some what "grown up" and no longer feel the need to spend money on new pipes and fancy things as I have 4 great hookahs that I have set to flavor groups and have lost the lust for luxuries like bohemian glass because at the end of the day it's glass and it's not going to enhance my expierance much the same different shanks will.

That being said I can appreciate elmas making its way to America and being more readily available. I would love to be able to own a Papatya but as I said I have enough pipes and would rather pump my money into smokeables.

From my standpoint I'd rather pay a little more than I would ordering overseas and get my pipe faster and without worry of it getting stuck in customs and god forbid my order being wrong. Also I don't mind supporting American business.