Navy, I smoke nakhla more than almost anything else lately, and I've had no problems with ghosting the hose. I smoke a LOT of DA too (which very often ghosts). The pipe will usually taste like the previous flavor for the first 10 minutes or so of the following smoke but that's the worst issue I've had with ghosting. I use a Razan Abu hose. But It's made like the nammor's and Narb's as far as i know.

I've only washed my hose twice since i bought it 4/5 months ago.. It's not really that big of a deal man.
Then again, I'm not very sensitive to flavors.

and on the comments Jess (joytron) made. Many of the nakhla flavors can be described as "mild" simply because they have a stronger tobacco flavor from what most are used to (with AF, Tangiers, SB, etc. around) But the flavors from what I've had are almost always spot on. If you're looking for a mango that tastes like biting into a mango, Nak mango fits it perfectly, just like many of the other flavors they have.

i just got some naklah for the first time yesterday i've smoked it out of the Egyptian bowl and also my flip bowl and now the alien bowl so far its all been good so far, and smokes for a super long time pretty good i got shisha on the beach and also peach peach smells like the peach rings super good :) i enjoyed it and its super cheap

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1331421868' post='542128']
Navy, I smoke nakhla more than almost anything else lately, and I've had no problems with ghosting the hose. I smoke a LOT of DA too (which very often ghosts). The pipe will usually taste like the previous flavor for the first 10 minutes or so of the following smoke but that's the worst issue I've had with ghosting. I use a Razan Abu hose. But It's made like the nammor's and Narb's as far as i know.

I've only washed my hose twice since i bought it 4/5 months ago.. It's not really that big of a deal man.
Then again, I'm not very sensitive to flavors.

and on the comments Jess (joytron) made. Many of the nakhla flavors can be described as "mild" simply because they have a stronger tobacco flavor from what most are used to (with AF, Tangiers, SB, etc. around) But the flavors from what I've had are almost always spot on. If you're looking for a mango that tastes like biting into a mango, Nak mango fits it perfectly, just like many of the other flavors they have.
[/quote]
[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1331422152' post='542129']
i just got some naklah for the first time yesterday i've smoked it out of the Egyptian bowl and also my flip bowl and now the alien bowl so far its all been good so far, and smokes for a super long time pretty good i got shisha on the beach and also peach peach smells like the peach rings super good :) i enjoyed it and its super cheap
[/quote]
[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1331422911' post='542134']
First time?? Really?
[/quote]I guess ghosting affects those who are most sensitive to Flavors.
Hey I've [b][u]NEVER EVER[/u][/b] had Nakhla either. :P
Ughh I envy you man, I cant wait until mine comes in. Im thinking Monday or Tuesday.

I never take ghosting too seriously to be honest. I mean, I do clean my pipes and hoses a few times a week with lemon juice, but just to keep them clean, not so much for the ghosting aspect. As Nate mentioned, even if it is ghosted, it will taste like the ghosted flavour only for the first 5-10 minutes.

I have had no issues with Nakhla ghosting, except when I try to. My turkish hose is dedicated to Nak DA, so I want it to build the flavor up.

Nakhla DA ghosts, Zaghloul does, and some of the stronger flavors like Mizo Watermelon do, but not too bad.

With ghosting, i think the bigger problem is having flavor remnants that are unpleasant, vs having them at all. Like, do I mind if my melon tastes slightly like strawberry? Not really. Do i care if my guava tastes like anise? Yes

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1331422911' post='542134']
First time?? Really?
[/quote]

Well I feel old now.

In summary:

If you want true unadulterated mango flavor, eat a mango. Works for me every time.

If you want to smoke, smoke hookah. But if you're smoking any decent flavored hookah tobacco, at the end of the day its going to taste like tobacco too, not JUST fruit, or your favorite candy from fifth grade.

If you don't want flavors to ghost, wash your shit.

[quote name='Judy Oma' timestamp='1331497410' post='542220']
If you don't want flavors to ghost, wash your shit.
[/quote]

This. My most recommended washable hose now is the nu/fancy hose. They are cheap, comfortable, and work great. Once you find flavors you really like, and by that I mean always plan on having them in your collection and smoking them regularly, buy non washable leather hoses. The flavor will build up in those hoses and you wont have to worry about washing them.

My Turkish hose is for Nak DA only. My next turkish hose will probably be for Sweet Mellon.

When it comes to hookas, I still wash them all out after every use. When I get my next turkish, my current Turkish will probably be used just for DA, but it will still be washed for hygiene reasons. Edited by Floataround

Well I was SUPPOSED to have my Melon Sweet Nakhla delivered today. But no, there was an issue. & now I will be expecting a call from somebody within one to two business days. GREAT..

Check your local stores. In my experience the most carried hookah tobacco in local Middle Eastern markets is Nakhla, followed for AF. I get most of my Nak at a little shop about half a mile away from me for 7 bucks a box, 10 for Mizo.

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1331589853' post='542302']
Check your local stores. In my experience the most carried hookah tobacco in local Middle Eastern markets is Nakhla, followed for AF. I get most of my Nak at a little shop about half a mile away from me for 7 bucks a box, 10 for Mizo.
[/quote]They' sell'em at 20 for 250G's -.-

[quote name='navy876' timestamp='1331593137' post='542313']
[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1331589853' post='542302']
[/quote]They' sell'em at 20 for 250G's -.-
[/quote]

Wow thats crazy. I would check some more. All of the shops around me are around that price, give or take a buck or two.

Ah true, the tax there is killer.

Im pretty pissed off about having to wait for my Naklha to come in. Idk what happened, they couldnt give me any information. But when I ordered from 5star I didnt have any problems, as to making business w/ Mahir. Well lets just say my product still isn't here. <_<

Yes I actually did. But I didnt receive the package. I called USPS and they were unable to give me ANY information. It bugged me, they had to give me some "Confirmation number" and told me that I'd be receiving a phone call from some guy, in about one to two business days. Im very bothered by it. First purchase with Mahir and already getting this. Tsk Tsk Tsk. >.>

I certainly you already brought this up to Mahir as it is in bad form to make public complaints without giving him an opportunity to rectify the situation (especially since it may not be his fault).
  • Upvote 2

Oh I did. Way before I posted it on here. I Messaged him exactly 33 minutes after I made the call to USPS(1:38). He messaged me back about three hours later, and I messaged him back around 50minutes-40 minutes later. So far they both have failed to provide any explanation. I cant say Mahir is at fault for this, but then I cant say its USPS's either. I was told something and Im left with out answers.
Going to your comment about my "Bad form:" Say you are recommended to go to a restaurant, and you hear all these people rave about how good the food is. You decide to go for yourself and see first-hand. And the service is horrible, your plate had a faint ugly smell to it. You are then asked to recommend some good places to eat by somebody, & they ask if you've ever tried that "Restaurant" you went to. Wouldnt you yourself say you had a BAD FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE.
JOYTRON BU

Given my experience with Mahir and with USPS, I would first blame the Post Office. They're just slow by definition. Wait until tomorrow or the next day before you assume anything.
  • Upvote 2

JOYTRON BUDDY, IM VERY PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS "MAHIR" GUYS SERVICE. LIKE I SAID I CALLED USPS ALREADY. & THEY THEM SELF VERIFIED MY ADDRESS,CITY,STATE, ZIP CODE. SO DONT TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT RECTIFY BECAUSE EVERYBODY RECOMMENDS BUYING FROM HIM. YET HE'S HAD AN ENTIRE DAY TO SEE WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE ORDER. HE HAS MY ADDRESS,ZIP CODE,CITY, STATE, EMAIL, AND [b][u]PHONE NUMBER[/u][/b]. AND HE FAILED TO EVEN CALL ME TO FOLLOW UP. YET HE GETS THE MONEY ALMOST INSTANTLY WHEN YOU MAKE A PURCHASE. AND I BET MY LIFE IF I WERE TO BUY SOMETHING AND IT COMES TO $88.90 AND I ONLY GIVE HIM $50.90 HE'D CALL ME QUICK AS HELL. BUT SINCE HE HAS THE MONEY. GOOD LUCK NAVY. ILL TAKE MY TIME TO MESSAGE YOU ON HF.