Thin Smoke

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It seems my hooka is always thin. I crack the coal in two and place on either end. I've tested for leaks. There has to be something I'm doing wrong. There could be a slight leak at the hose grommet. Would Teflon tape be okay to use? And other tips as to what the hell I'm doing wrong? Currently I'm smoking a small hooka. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

To help you out you have to let us know what kind of tobacco you're using, what coals, and what kind of bowl. Those are the most important factors when troubleshooting this kind of situation.

ive never used HH shisha, but whenever i use the vortex bowl, i pack it firmly up to the bottom of the holes and i like to use a wind cover to keep the heat in until it starts smoking nicely. also the amount and size of holes you poke in the foil will have some effect, you may be getting too much/little airflow.

Check out my tutorials in my signature. It is for nakhla tobacco but honestly, it works for all tobaccos. If you are using a bigger bowl than the mini I am using in the tutorials use more coal or don't crack the coals.

Hope it helps!

I concur with Pavo, make sure to check the holes. And try fluffing the shisha and not packing it down too tight. Also if you haven't already tried, use natural lights, they tend to produce more heat. Let us know how it goes!