Hey, I'm Chris. I Also Need Some Help.

Quizit

Hello. A little about myself, I'm (basically) 20-years-old, and I'm interested in cars, gaming, and of course, the hookah. I've been leeching off my buddy's hookah for awhile now, and finally decided to purchase my own. I bought a Khalil Mamoon Saffron hookah. I love the build quality, it looks to last awhile.

Here's the problem.

To start, the hose grommet provided is [i]really [/i]a pain to fit onto the hose. Upon further inspection, I've noticed that the KM hoses fit perfectly [i]without [/i]a grommet. It smokes fine, but is it good to be doing this?

Also,

My friends have always used the traditional coals/coconara (I forget the spelling). I got a few free rolls of Instant Light Coals. Now, is there a specific method to heating them? I've had a few bowls, and some coals heat-up faster than previous coals. They're also a pain to get to that orange color, I blew on them a lot. Anyway, apart from those two issues I really love my new baby. I also look forward to being apart of the forums. Sorry my English is a little bad right now, not really sure why lol.

Very nice pipe, if the hose fits better without a grommet and is air tight, dont worry about it.

As far as the coals, I would stick with the natural coconaras, they will last longer and bring about better flavor.

Anyways welcome to the forum!

Also FYI, most people call the pipe the Kamanja or Kamanja wheat.

It's not an issue if your hose fits properly without a hose gasket. Just make sure it's airtight.....set up the pipe as you would and plug the bowl port with your thumb, and try to take a pull from the hose. If it's airtight, you shouldn't be able to draw any air. Otherwise, just wrap a piece of a wet paper towel around the hose tip and push it into the hose port. Should be okay.

As far as your question about coals, coconaras are better. Way better.

Welcome to Hookah Forum, Chris! I am also Chris! Good to meet a fellow Chris. :D

Anyway, yes, the KM Saffron- good hookah.

The hose gasket, if the hose fits in there and is airtight without a gasket at all, then by all means do it! You can also just use a damp strip of paper towel as a gasket. This works for your bowl port and vase-to-shank seal. ;)

The QL discs you will want to make sure have lit up all red all over, removing all traces of the black powder stuff on the outside. Then, let the coals sit for a bit until they're ashed over grey. They are then ready to pop onto the bowl!

Hope this helps, man, and if you need anything else, we're here to help!

Cheers,
Fellow Chris