Hookah Glass Showdown!

Glass Showdown  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I do?

• Buy Turkish Red Vase for Elmas, Red Vase on Nawras, Trumpet on KM OG Tri. (Have three hookahs, sell the Blue/Gold Vase)
    • Blue/Gold on Elmas, Red on Nawras, Trumpet on KM OG Tri. (Have three hookahs)
    • Buy the Turkish red vase for Elmas, Move Trumpet over to Nawras, Sell KM OG Tri, Red Vase, and Blue Vase.. (Have two hookahs)
    • Trumpet on Elmas, Red on Nawras, Sell KM OG Tri and Blue Vase. (Have two hookahs)

People of HookerForum!

Errr, wrong forum... Let's try this again...

People of HookahForum! (There we go)

As you all know, I just got the Elmas (thanks again, Elder Chris!). I am split over which base to use for it now, though, so I made this thread to take a poll on which one YOU guys like best. I know it's my hookah, but want other opinions. I like both, a lot. I smoked the Elmas using the blue one yesterday, and am going to use the trumpet on it Thursday. Last night I fit the gasket tape on it for the trumpet, making it airtight (was quite a chore, lemme tell you). So it's all good to go for Thursday...

Also, it should be known that if I do decide to use it with the trumpet glass from now on, that I will definitely be sending the blue base back to Elder Chris and most likely selling my KM OG Trimetal shank to Wade. Why sell my precious OG Tri? Simple. Ever since I've gotten my Nawras, I prefer the tighter draw it offers. The Elmas is the same way. Not so wide and open like the Khalil Mamoon. I just feel that I have been neglecting the crap out of my OG. I know Wade would probably appreciate it more than me since he knows the guy who owned it before me. He's actually smoked out of it, haha. God, isn't that a scary thought- Wade smoking out of your hookah? No wonder it was so filthy when I got it... Hahaha. Just kidding, Wade! :P Either way, I've been feeling more and more like the OG is a hookah I would be willing to let go and wouldn't miss. The Nawras, never would I sell it. The Elmas? Well, I just got it, but I think the only way I'd sell it is if I were to get another Elmas in its place. :lol: I really, really like this model, though, so dunno about that happening. Never say never, right? Fucking Justin Bieber...

Anyway, onto the showdown pics! Which most of you have already seen, if you've seen my collection thread lately... These are just to refresh your memory or for those who haven't seen my thread where I already posted the pics.

Blue Base:

[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_1430.jpg[/img]

Trumpet Base:

[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_1439.jpg[/img]

I won't make a decision until Thursday at the earliest when I get a chance to smoke it using the trumpet. I appreciate all of your opinions. Please vote and tell me which one you voted for and why.

Thanks,
Chris

EDIT: Changed the poll options. Here are additional pics to help you decide:

Nawras on Red Vase:
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_1054.jpg[/img]

Nawras on Trumpet:
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_0481.jpg[/img]

Turkish Red Vase (far left one):
[img]http://nargilestore.com/ProductImages/85363/BKod-425w.jpg[/img]

Right now I'm leaning towards option number three... I kinda want to sell the KM OG Tri, and feel the Turkish red vase would look best on the Elmas, and the Trumpet vase would look best on the Nawras.

I love the blue/gold vases in general and I think the trumpet makes the whole thing look a little unstable for some reason :o Could just be me tho, I think its the fact that the trumpet vase has such a narrow neck but it just doesnt look completely right with the elmas in my opinion. Hope someone else adds theirs soon though!

The trumpet is EXTREMELY stable, Luka, trust me. :lol: Such a heavy piece of glass.

Mush, I do like how the irridescent gold coloring on the trumpet matches the brass of the Elmas.

Thank you for your opinions, guys.

Right now, my feeling is I agreed with Michael when he said the blue/gold looks better because it is more traditional-looking. But I also agreed with Elder Chris in that the hose colors match the trumpet better... This is mainly why I'm so torn. I hope they can go into further detail and help me decide.

One thing I feel I need to add- Either way, the trumpet is staying in my posession.

IMO the blue and gold just looks better with the pipe as far as style and coloring, the hose is what clashes with the colors though. Can't put my finger on what exactly it is that I don't like about the trumpet, but it just doesn't look right.

On a side note: I vote for a Freddy vase :)
  • Upvote 1

I know its stable, it just makes me feel like it isnt cos of the shape! Thats why its bothering me so much :P And though the colors matching is nice with the trumpet I personally really love the blue and gold combo :P But to be honest neither choice will be either right or wrong

[quote name='KasbahBazaar' timestamp='1327930864' post='537025']
IMO the blue and gold just looks better with the pipe as far as style and coloring, the hose is what clashes with the colors though. Can't put my finger on what exactly it is that I don't like about the trumpet, but it just doesn't look right.

On a side note: I vote for a Freddy vase :)
[/quote]

Lol to the Freddy vase.

Hassouni said that the Elmas doesn't look right on it because the shank isn't tall enough. Maybe that's what it is that doesn't look right to you? For comparison, here's my KM OG Trimetal on it (not sure if you've seen it before- lord knows I post pics of my hookahs all over the damn place, haha):

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_0482.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Bawhee' timestamp='1327930884' post='537026']
I know its stable, it just makes me feel like it isnt cos of the shape! Thats why its bothering me so much :P And though the colors matching is nice with the trumpet I personally really love the blue and gold combo :P But to be honest neither choice will be either right or wrong
[/quote]

Yeah, trumpet style bases often tend to lead people to believe that. If the glass is light, then I'm sure it can be an issue. I am just in love with the style and didn't give a fuck if it was stable before I got it. Now that I do have it, I'm glad it is. :)

Gotta go with the blue and gold. Some thigns look great matched..and some really benefit from the contrast. With the blue vase, it makes both the shank and vase really stick out. It is a great attention getter, because of the beautiful quality that Elmas brings.

However, with the matching trumpet, it just sorta all blends together and IMO becomes much less noticeable in your collection.

Damn, now I'm even more split...

After talking with Hass, I'm exploring another option as well...

Move the trumpet over to the Nawras, so going from this base:

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_1054.jpg[/IMG]

To this base:

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/IMG_0481.jpg[/IMG]

And then getting this Turkish base sometime/somehow for the Elmas:

(Far left red one):
http://nargilestore.com/ProductImages/85363/BKod-425w.jpg

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1327946853' post='537068']
[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1327946724' post='537067']
Blue\Gold....

...send me the trumpet
[/quote]

Not gonna happen.
[/quote]

I have some pictures in my possession that beg to differ.....hehehehe

Elmas looks too short on the trumpet. Nawras looks great on the trumpet (I think I told you that before).

I also think the blue/gold combination looks great on any brass, and especially good on the elmas.

Will the elmas fit in your red vase?

I think you have to do another poll with all the options.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1327955807' post='537088']
[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1327946853' post='537068']
[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1327946724' post='537067']
Blue\Gold....

...send me the trumpet
[/quote]

Not gonna happen.
[/quote]

I have some pictures in my possession that beg to differ.....hehehehe
[/quote]

Stuie, you don't have shit on me! :lol:

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1327955830' post='537089']
Elmas looks too short on the trumpet. Nawras looks great on the trumpet (I think I told you that before).

I also think the blue/gold combination looks great on any brass, and especially good on the elmas.

Will the elmas fit in your red vase?

I think you have to do another poll with all the options.
[/quote]

No, the Elmas downstem is much too long for the red vase.

Plus Hass would kill me for putting Turkish brass on a Chinese vase. :P

Good idea- I'm going to add the more options right now... or start a new one (thread altogether) if it won't let me.

Edited poll options. Everyone please vote again! (Sorry!)

Right now I'm leaning towards option number three... I kinda want to sell the KM OG Tri, and feel the Turkish red vase would look best on the Elmas, and the Trumpet vase would look best on the Nawras. So I would sell the KM OG Tri to Wade, blue/gold vase back to Hass if he wants it, and the red vase to whoever wants it.