Elmas At Nazarhookah

And I bet time will slow down so that each hour seems like a day. Trouble is, I don't know whether I'll even have time to smoke tomorrow after I get home. I'll probably go over to my girlfriend's house for dinner and stay to watch tv with her grandson.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1328222255' post='537630']
And I bet time will slow down so that each hour seems like a day. Trouble is, I don't know whether I'll even have time to smoke tomorrow after I get home. I'll probably go over to my girlfriend's house for dinner and stay to watch tv with her grandson.
[/quote]

every minute is now going to last 2 minutes!! :dash2: . where is Marty McFly when you need him

I'm almost tempted to carry it with me to work next week and smoke every night in the motel room just to make up for this agonizing wait.

Anybody ever have a problem smoking in a motel? Will huge clouds set off the smoke alarm?

So I can now say I have tried Nakhla out of the clay Elmas bowl. Very nice. This bowl is PERFECT for Nakhla. Great flavor, great clouds. Using two Razan coals with the windcover on.

But yeah, I went to the store in Nashville and picked up a box of Nakhla Peach and also saw some mod gaskets and decided to make an adapter to show you guys... Just put them together and did a few wraps of electrical tape and then a few wraps for the part that goes into the bowl port to make it airtight:

[IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p40/INCUBUSRATM/Hookah/elmasadapter.jpg[/IMG]

So yeah, for those of you who are too cheap to buy the clay one from Mahir, this is a good alternative. Fits perfect on the Elmas with the newer phunnel bowls.

Dear god this pipe is gorgeous!

When I was in Izmir on my honeymoon i couldn't find a decent pipe in their market area. Anything really worth looking at was marked up 100%. (My wife understands turkish but cant speak it - so she kept hearing them say "They are from the boat, raise the prise")

If i had seen this there it would have been worth the haggling! OMG i want this.

[quote name='Webbles' timestamp='1328304777' post='537745']
[u][b]Elmas are sold out![/b][/u] And after pleading with Mahir, he graciously sold me his own 628. Thank you yet again!
[/quote]

At least my bank account is happy about that.

I'm now looking at mine in person and up close. It's a work of art! Very well made. In a word - SOLID.

After unpacking my luggage, getting something to eat, and a shower I'm going to fire it up.

Mahir, I hope you have more of these coming in, especially other models, because this is the time of year when a lot of people get big fat tax refund checks. You'd be able to sell a bunch of them between now and summer.

Okay. Fired it up. Nakhla Mizo Peach and Coconara coals.
This is the hookah I've been waiting for!
Nice easy draw. Great hose! I think the bowl is fantastic.
Didn't miss the purge valve.

May get another chance to smoke before the weekend is over.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1328329678' post='537772']

[/quote]

Hopefully you do! Glad you are enjoying it

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1328329678' post='537772']

[/quote]

This was almost exactly my setup earlier except I was using regular Nakhla Peach and Razan coals. It was heavenly! Congrats on your epic hookah session. My Elmas is the only hookah I've been using lately because it is just so awesome. I can't get over how awesome it is.

I'm gonna order a few boxes of Nakhla Mizo now just so I have a reason to use this awesome bowl. :lol:

[quote name='Webbles' timestamp='1328304777' post='537745']
Elmas are sold out! And after pleading with Mahir, he graciously sold me his own 628. Thank you yet again!
[/quote]

That is awesome! Congrats! I'm super jealous that you are getting the pipe that Mahir smoked out of, haha. I don't blame you one bit for wanting it even though it had been used, and that's awesome that he was willing to do that for you.

I get that the Elmas are pretty and all but I don't see why there's so much buzz around them? Still havent found a hookah that smokes better than my AF Large solid...

A review doesn't do much for me, I have to try it first hand -- what makes it different than any other hookah you smoke from? I know with my AFLS, the longer stem and slightly different chamber maks the hookah smoke travel longer, cooldown more, and produces much less harsh smoke even when there's too much heat, also the downstem is an odd length making the water level a bit higher, which makes for a stronger pull but more clouds. How does an Elmas differ from a KM in construction?

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1328399688' post='537850']
How does an Elmas differ from a KM in construction?
[/quote]

In every single way. Ask Chris for details, I gotta go

Well....? Chris? What makes it operate different than most other hookahs?

As I said in my review, the Elmas is a solid cast piece of brass. VERY heavy. There's less "weak spots" (places in the hookah where there are welds that can eventually break down over time). Quality is superb, especially for something handmade. The diameter of the hookah is perfect, about like your Al Fakher hookah should be (it's very similar to my Al Nawras), making for an excellent, tighter draw. Khalil Mamoon is too open for me, and not as enjoyable now. My Al Nawras spoiled me with its tighter draw, and the Elmas has just spoiled me even more. Paired with the unique Elmas hose, it's almost [i]too[/i] perfect. The hose is wide gauge all throughout except for in the tips, where it narrows down quite a bit. Not sure how or why, but the hose and hookah together just makes for a great smoke that can't be had with a KM.

I'm sure Elder Chris will want to add more, as I'm positive I've forgotten some major points.