Elmas At Nazarhookah

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1327678197' post='536780'] Pffft,610 and 608? Papatya is where MY money is at! /oneupper hahah, in all seriousness though, the only pipes Elmas has listed that I don't like the look of are the 632 and 634, but that is mainly because I don't like short pipes (the 635 is a bit nicer, and about as small as I would go). Some of the models with figures in the middle can look a bit tacky, but it's all a matter of what you're into. My Papatya has two big captains wheels on it. I'm not a sailor or anything like that, but I do like to joke that it's driving me buzz (YARRRR!!!). Once you see any of these pipes in person, they just look so good (especially after being polished) that you don't even care about stuff like that. The 604's are very strange looking to me, but I think that is sort of appealing how different they look. [/quote]

I would add the 608 to that list imo, a little too 3rd reich looking for my tastes if you know what im saying.

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1327998611' post='537190']
as nice and believable a contest would sound, all she would do is look online at the bank statement and know i bought it. soo that might be out but if i do end up geting it ill try to play it off and see what happens
[/quote]

Yeah, the contest is whoever sends Mahir $150 first gets an Elmas. There is a separate contest for each different hookah.

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1328024189' post='537208']
[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1327998611' post='537190']
as nice and believable a contest would sound, all she would do is look online at the bank statement and know i bought it. soo that might be out but if i do end up geting it ill try to play it off and see what happens
[/quote]

Yeah, the contest is whoever sends Mahir $150 first gets an Elmas. There is a separate contest for each different hookah.
[/quote]
lol, it really sounds like I have a chance to win!!

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1328011544' post='537195']
[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1327678197' post='536780'] Pffft,610 and 608? Papatya is where MY money is at! /oneupper hahah, in all seriousness though, the only pipes Elmas has listed that I don't like the look of are the 632 and 634, but that is mainly because I don't like short pipes (the 635 is a bit nicer, and about as small as I would go). Some of the models with figures in the middle can look a bit tacky, but it's all a matter of what you're into. My Papatya has two big captains wheels on it. I'm not a sailor or anything like that, but I do like to joke that it's driving me buzz (YARRRR!!!). Once you see any of these pipes in person, they just look so good (especially after being polished) that you don't even care about stuff like that. The 604's are very strange looking to me, but I think that is sort of appealing how different they look. [/quote]

I would add the 608 to that list imo, a little too 3rd reich looking for my tastes if you know what im saying.
[/quote]
Your saying Heil Hookler?

Questions.
How does one pack the bowl that comes with an Elmas?
Which tobaccos work best with that bowl?

I ask because it may be a while before I get an adapter for my other bowls.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1328061397' post='537336']
Questions.
How does one pack the bowl that comes with an Elmas?
Which tobaccos work best with that bowl?

I ask because it may be a while before I get an adapter for my other bowls.
[/quote]

Pack it like you would any other standard bowl. More traditional stuff like Nakhla and Desi Murli I hear is heavenly out of an Elmas. I've yet to pick some up to try out of it. Unfortunately I only have Starbuzz Pineapple and Social Smoke Mobster right now, but they'll work just fine in the unglazed clay Elmas bowl. I'm gonna use mine Thursday with SB or SS I guess (might go to this store I heard about in town that may have Nakhla, but probably won't have time) and will let you know how it goes. Gotta say though, after just looking at the bowl and feeling it in my hands (giggidy), it's a very nice, quality bowl. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, and you will too. :)

As for an adapter, you can make one yourself if you want. Shouldn't be too hard.

Tangiers will work, but (in my logic of how I've packed it in the past in clay Egyptian bowls) will need to be packed tight on the sides and loose in the middle. Hassouni smoked my Elmas using Tangiers Indian Summer Noir out of the clay Elmas bowl before he sent it to me. Perhaps he can explain how he packed it exactly, if Tangiers is what you're interested in trying out of it.

He also showed me this video that I would like to share here with everybody:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7mAon0q4E[/media]

Thanks for the info and video.

It's also great to know that Nakhla does well - it's my favorite.
The first chance I'll have to try will be Friday evening. I'm working 100 miles from home this week.

Just pack Nakhla as you would in of any other bowl.

For Tangiers i put my finger in the middle of the bowl, blocking the central hole, then packed super-tight around my finger. Took my finger out, and there was a ring of tightly-packed Tangiers with nothing in the center.

Here's my Elmas "Review" : [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIeu9dSKJKA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIeu9dSKJKA[/url]

I don't really like doing reviews, as coming from a vendor always seems [b]EXTREMELY[/b] biased. This review is not biased at all in anyway, and I really do feel it's perfect.

If you don't believe me, jump into TinyChat and watch my face light up with joy as I smoke it! :)
  • Upvote 2

Gramps, I would recommend Hass' method of packing in the elmas bowl vs. the video Chris posted, but only because I have tried Hass' method and it works, I can't verify the other one. As for packing Nak in the bowl, I don't think it's possible to mess it up hah. Sprinkle it in evenly to a little above the rim, mash it down to even with the rim or just a little below the rim, foil, holes, done. Easy peasy. I must say, Nak out of the clay bowl and the elmas is unbelievably good. There is just something about the combination that works incredibly well together, and if you like Nak, you are really going to enjoy it! (have fun waiting...heh).

I just thought of another setup, which may work. Take a big long sheet of foil, fold it over itself until you have a very long strip about 1/3" or so wide, then wind that around a pen until you get a circle with a hole in the middle that fits into your bowl. This should save you a LOT of tobacco, because it's damn hard to vaporize an entire Elmas bowl worth of Tangiers (the bowls are deep)

[quote name='twoapplesplease' timestamp='1328144179' post='537500']
I have a male fitting crown micro phunnel i might be willing to let go
[/quote]

I would take you up on that, but I already have an Elmas clay adapter from Mahir and my Tangiers Mini Phunnel works great with it. I am curious what it looks like though. Mind posting up a pic?

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1328146883' post='537512']
[/quote]

I would take you up on that, but I already have an Elmas clay adapter from Mahir and my Tangiers Mini Phunnel works great with it. I am curious what it looks like though. Mind posting up a pic?
[/quote]

I'm gonna outbid you so hard you have no idea :)

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1328147307' post='537513']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1328146883' post='537512']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm gonna outbid you so hard you have no idea :)
[/quote]

Well then you will get it for a very good price because I won't be bidding. :)