Hard Case For My Km

I am getting tired of fixing the Hookah Bag I bought online and worrying about the vase breaking when someone else is carrying it.

So I think it's time I try to make or buy a hard case that will fit my KM Mashal (Ice Bucket 30" approx)

The dimensions I was thinking was 35 L X 10 W X 10 H. I will add picture of what I usually carry with my hookah.

1. Has anyone seen a hard case anywhere for sale that would work?

2. Has anyone made one?

3. Any suggestions on what materials to use for the case? I was thinking wood but it would be way too heavy. I want a material that easy to work with and not too expensive.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1327247994' post='536333']
Hove ypui tried a hardware store? They often have hard cases for tools.
[/quote]

This is also my notion.

Also, what you can do to make it "fit" your KM is to get a form fitting foam....I guess like memory foam. So that way it's not just a hookah case, and no matter what you put in it, it would work.

As I was typing this I was thinking of maybe a diff kind of case. Try looking for a case for a long musical instrument. You can gut out all the existing pieces used to secure the instrument and use the foam.

[quote name='NazarHookah' timestamp='1327254089' post='536340']
[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1327247994' post='536333']
Hove ypui tried a hardware store? They often have hard cases for tools.
[/quote]

This is also my notion.

Also, what you can do to make it "fit" your KM is to get a form fitting foam....I guess like memory foam. So that way it's not just a hookah case, and no matter what you put in it, it would work.

As I was typing this I was thinking of maybe a diff kind of case. Try looking for a case for a long musical instrument. You can gut out all the existing pieces used to secure the instrument and use the foam.
[/quote]
Trombone case comes to mind. Flared end could work for the base or icebucket

I've actually been on the look out for a cheap guitar case for my stuff. I think that would be good for a couple of pipes and all of the supplies to go along with it. Plus it would look a lot cooler than all my stuff in a plastic box and hoses draped around my neck. Edited by Skoozle

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1327331755' post='536387']
I've actually been on the look out for a cheap guitar case for my stuff. I think that would be good for a couple of pipes and all of the supplies to go along with it. Plus it would look a lot cooler than all my stuff in a plastic box and hoses draped around my neck.
[/quote]

Imagine wearing a pink Razan Sultan Hose around your neck. I've done it.

But, dont you think a guitar case would be too narrow?

The standard KM bell fits in an older accoustic guitar case -some of the new ones arenot deep enough - with some room for padding material. I picked up one for a few dollars at a second hand store and my double heart trimetal even fits in it with room to spare.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1327424895' post='536530']
Pelican cases are amazing... it's just they are expensive!

But they do make about every size you could ever want.
[/quote]

I just liked the idea you can pack it up and shoot it with a 12 gauge...

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1327381281' post='536494']
That's awesome! Do you use it to carry your pipe around?
[/quote]

Got to use it twice - with my Temple I was able to fit a change of clothes in it too :) Unfortuately my son disappeared with it last weekend, sigh.

Pelican cases are super nice. I almost bought one for some pistols because it had room for 4 firarms, then I looked at the price tag and chose the cheaper $40 route. I know a few engineers that use them for very sensitive testing equipment that would probably cost them their jobs if they broke it due to the expense of the equipment.