More For The Bottomless Pit

TheScotsman

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1325486414' post='534360']
[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1325389941' post='534315']
Whatever debt the country has, it can't be blamed on spending on military spending. It's one of the [u]few[/u] legitimate items the Feds [u]can[/u] spend money on. If the Federal government could just restrict itself to what the Constitution allows, we'd have surpluses every year.

It's a shame really, but anybody who actually wants to follow the Constitution nowadays is called a radical or worse.

Unless and until we get some people off the wagon and get them to help pull the wagon, we're washed up as a country.
[/quote]

True on all counts, Must agree 100%.

[b]Entitlements/insane pensions for public sector employees are going to be the end of us.[/b]
[/quote]

You got that right.........

Clinton wasn't a miracle worker by any means. A good administrator, yeah, and there were undoubtedly some lucky circumstances in there that made his administration a success. And honestly Reagan totally fucked us. He set up the circumstances for the situation we have now. Clinton was a side note and due to his actions, and those lucky circumstances, managed to put us on a path that would have led to our being debt free a year from now. Circumstances also played a huge part in the disaster of Dum-dub-ya. His election was in doubt and he had to do something, anything, to shut up the naysayers. 9-11 was almost too convenient, providing endless fodder for the conspiracy theorists. But honestly, our number one problem in our government is our Congress. They have been running amok and taking money for decades and we just keep letting them do it, because they're pretty much out of sight, out of mind, and intentionally try and keep it that way until election time. Presidents don't run a damn thing really. The provide "suggestions" but everything they do has to be ratified by Congress, and with a large enough vote they can override even his veto. President's are nothing more than the figurehead of their particular party. Essentially he's kept around for press conferences and signing the papers. Oh, yeah, and taking all the heat when it goes to shit.

Instead of writing in a presidential candidate, maybe we should be writing in a measure: Indict Congress for treason against the people of the United States. That might actually drive home the point.

'Rani
  • Upvote 1

I have never been a 911 truthee, but I do agree that it all seems just too strange to have the sudden spike in repressive laws, and amazing number of new gvt agencies, most particularly in the police aspects. While I don't see any way the powers that be caused 911, I can't help but believe they, through their inactivity were looking for something to happen. The laws, and policies were all in the planning stage, and just waiting for a reason to be implemented. Those reasons were hurricanes, and assholes on airplanes.

How much more are we pissing into the bottomless pit to pay for what has become a national police force? When did the TSA become a national roaming police force? who allowed that? I ran across one of these goon squads running a check point stopping everything that was diesel powered, and sticking the tanks checking for dyed "exempt" fuel. That sure sounds like a TSA matter, doesn't it? Well, at least they were molesting my fuel tank, and not my junk... I guess I should look on the good side, eh? Just think of the better used for that $$ in building a better country, rather than hiring a load of jackbooted goons to grab our crotches in airports, and fly drones over the USA/Canada border. No wonder this nation is going to hell.

Bush 1 started it, Bush 2 implemented it, BHO is feeding the beast steroids.