Bar With Steam Stones To Get Around Smoking Ban

does anyone know if these steam stones are allowed to be smoked indoors in uk as they claim its not smoke.

i have seen places offering the electric shishas which claim its all vapour and no smoke and they have been allowed. however i havnt seen any places with the steam stones.

AF's herbal will be released soon. That may be another good way of getting around those bans, oh and tobacco taxes. This will be great for UK, Canada, Australia, and the rest of the countries that have governments that don't realize that taxing the crap out of tobacco greatly slows commerce.

I've had them...they are legal where there is no smoking because its vapor not smoke...I mean I've heard of people smoking rocks but I think its just coining a term Edited by r1v3th3ad
stupid auto correct on my phone

They are kind of pricey though don't you think? Would have to find a way to keep the price down a bit

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1324461060' post='533497']
They are kind of pricey though don't you think? Would have to find a way to keep the price down a bit
[/quote]

No... plus one bowl lasts for hours on end.

Ehh, one bowl didn't last me hours on end. I used my Tangiers Mini Phunnel and I lost flavor after about 2 hours of smoking. Removed the foil and all the rocks were white, meaning all the flavor was gone.

I'm sure wholesale they're a lot cheaper than what we the consumers pay for them. But yes, price would need to be ideal to be able to use them in a lounge setting.

I also want to add how foolproof they are- Throw on an extra coal than you normally would with tobacco (these suckers require a lot of heat) and bam, great flavor (although artificial), and epic clouds (although lacking in that tobacco "heaviness").

I didn't think they tasted artificial at all and we had a bowl going for awhile... I know there is another company trying to replicate them and they are way disgustingly artificial and don't last long at all.

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1324495695' post='533513']
I'm sure a lounge would be recycling the stones, so all they would have to restock is flavor juice. That should help with cost.
[/quote]

Good point, Ashley...

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1324498121' post='533518']
I didn't think they tasted artificial at all and we had a bowl going for awhile... I know there is another company trying to replicate them and they are way disgustingly artificial and don't last long at all.
[/quote]

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by artificial... Know how when you smoke Tangiers, it has mostly natural tastes to it? Say, the difference between how Tangiers Blueberry tastes like a real blueberry, and Starbuzz tastes like blueberry candy or the juice for blueberry slushies? The Shiazo flavors I tried all tasted very artificial in this aspect.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1324501789' post='533523']
I'm sure a lounge would be recycling the stones, so all they would have to restock is flavor juice. That should help with cost.
[/quote]

Good point, Ashley...

[/quote]

Maybe I should clarify what I meant by artificial... Know how when you smoke Tangiers, it has mostly natural tastes to it? Say, the difference between how Tangiers Blueberry tastes like a real blueberry, and Starbuzz tastes like blueberry candy or the juice for blueberry slushies? The Shiazo flavors I tried all tasted very artificial in this aspect.
[/quote]

I don't know. The flavors I have tried are not as artificial as say SB is. I don't think its a fair comparison between tobacco and Shiazo Steam Stones. There is a depth of flavor that the components of tobacco will give a flavor. Shiazo is straight up flavor in steam. Also, some tobacco tobacco flavors where produced to be almost "artificial" tasting.... more candy-like as opposed to the off-the-vine flavor. Blue Gum Ball, Green Apple Candy, Orange Soda, ILTOBC, Tasty Peach to name a few...

In addition, Shiazo is currently producing 33 flavors and continues to develop more based on the demand of their costumers and their tastes. Plus the stones are reusable. You just mix glycerin with whatever other flavor you like and their you go. You can also mix flavor juice from your tobacco in with the stones. In that same vein, flavor refill juice is supposed to be available in the US in January... so you could even get a few flavors and mix them.

There is another company producing Steam Stones that are really disgusting and takes "artificial" to a whole new level. Ugh... I don't even like to think about that mess. I wanted to hurl when I smelled them. We were at Magic Smokes in Hacienda and this guy brought them in to show us how gross their where. We all had a good laugh at their expense lol.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1324699187' post='533713']
[/quote]

Good point, Ashley...

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know. The flavors I have tried are not as artificial as say SB is. I don't think its a fair comparison between tobacco and Shiazo Steam Stones. There is a depth of flavor that the components of tobacco will give a flavor. Shiazo is straight up flavor in steam. Also, some tobacco tobacco flavors where produced to be almost "artificial" tasting.... more candy-like as opposed to the off-the-vine flavor. Blue Gum Ball, Green Apple Candy, Orange Soda, ILTOBC, Tasty Peach to name a few...

In addition, Shiazo is currently producing 33 flavors and continues to develop more based on the demand of their costumers and their tastes. Plus the stones are reusable. You just mix glycerin with whatever other flavor you like and their you go. You can also mix flavor juice from your tobacco in with the stones. In that same vein, flavor refill juice is supposed to be available in the US in January... so you could even get a few flavors and mix them.

There is another company producing Steam Stones that are really disgusting and takes "artificial" to a whole new level. Ugh... I don't even like to think about that mess. I wanted to hurl when I smelled them. We were at Magic Smokes in Hacienda and this guy brought them in to show us how gross their where. We all had a good laugh at their expense lol.
[/quote]

Lol, you're telling me stuff I already know. Yes I know those specific Tangiers flavors are made to be more artificial tasting than natural. I call those "candy" flavors. Tangiers Blueberry was a natural tasting blueberry, where as Blue Gumball is a candy-like blueberry flavor. Double Orange versus Orange Soda. And so on. Regardless, I never said all Tangiers flavors were natural tasting and didn't taste artificial, in which Eric intended them to.

The point I'm trying to get across is that there is something lacking in the stones compared to tobacco. I know many others have agreed with me on this in the past. They just weren't as fulfilling. Slight chemically taste to them? I don't want to say chemically exactly, because it's not quite like when we're talking about Starbuzz, but it's something along that line.

Overall, the stones satisfied me on the same level that Starbuzz, Social Smoke, etc. do.

And why wouldn't it be a fair comparison? Don't most of us smoke tobacco? Yes they are different, and we should all acknowledge that, but it is only natural to compare the two when majority of us smoke tobacco versus flavored stones.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1324724813' post='533727']
[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1324699187' post='533713']
[/quote]

Good point, Ashley...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol, you're telling me stuff I already know. Yes I know those specific Tangiers flavors are made to be more artificial tasting than natural. I call those "candy" flavors. Tangiers Blueberry was a natural tasting blueberry, where as Blue Gumball is a candy-like blueberry flavor. Double Orange versus Orange Soda. And so on. Regardless, I never said all Tangiers flavors were natural tasting and didn't taste artificial, in which Eric intended them to.

The point I'm trying to get across is that there is something lacking in the stones compared to tobacco. I know many others have agreed with me on this in the past. They just weren't as fulfilling. Slight chemically taste to them? I don't want to say chemically exactly, because it's not quite like when we're talking about Starbuzz, but it's something along that line.

Overall, the stones satisfied me on the same level that Starbuzz, Social Smoke, etc. do.

And why wouldn't it be a fair comparison? Don't most of us smoke tobacco? Yes they are different, and we should all acknowledge that, but it is only natural to compare the two when majority of us smoke tobacco versus flavored stones.
[/quote]

I think what your trying to say is the stones dont taste like tobacco... And I really concur tobacco has a more full body smoke if I can put it that way.
But I actually prefer the light and soothing effect the stones have.