Hello All!

Talon13

Hi all I'm new to the whole hookah thing having only done it once and very recently. I loved the experience and went straight to saving my pennies and whatever phrase you'd like to get one of my own. Unfortunately for the only payment methods available to me are either in person or via MF. If there is anyone local on this site that can tell me a good shop or anyone at all who knows of shop that excepts MF or similar third party payment companies I'd be very much obliged!

P.S. I plan to stick to herbal shisha for the most part so if that could be taken into consideration I'd be much obliged!

you won't stuck to herbal shisha long haha :) don't limit yourself to just one brand because you won't experince anything new especially not tangiers
But anyways welcome to the forum :)

[quote name='Fouda1122gbf' timestamp='1320175688' post='529777']
you won't stuck to herbal shisha long haha :) don't limit yourself to just one brand because you won't experince anything new especially not tangiers
But anyways welcome to the forum :)
[/quote]By that i mean more along the lines of tobacco free shisha but I will eventually start cutting with tobacco though I never see myself doing just straight tobacco Shisha unless someone talks me into it down the line

First of all, welcome to HF!

secondly,
I'm no-where near Rhode Island and I've never been either, however, I'd try a google search of smoke shops in your area. I did one just now and came up with hundreds of hits in Rhode Island. Try that, most smoke shops carry shisha as well as herbal shisha. As far as what Hookah pipe to purchase, I'd do a little research around before spending the money on one. Many people here suggest the Mya Qts and Mya Bambinos. they're great pipes and will last a long while. The QT's normally run between 40 and 60 dollars depending on where you find them. IDK about the Bambinos

There's innumerable great pipes out there, see what your local shops have, ask what brands they are etc. do some research here on the forum, lots of GREAT info just waiting to be read and absorbed. :)

happy hunting, and again, welcome to the great Hookah Forum :)

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1320176044' post='529780']
First of all, welcome to HF!

secondly,
I'm no-where near Rhode Island and I've never been either, however, I'd try a google search of smoke shops in your area. I did one just now and came up with hundreds of hits in Rhode Island. Try that, most smoke shops carry shisha as well as herbal shisha. As far as what Hookah pipe to purchase, I'd do a little research around before spending the money on one. Many people here suggest the Mya Qts and Mya Bambinos. they're great pipes and will last a long while. The QT's normally run between 40 and 60 dollars depending on where you find them. IDK about the Bambinos

There's innumerable great pipes out there, see what your local shops have, ask what brands they are etc. do some research here on the forum, lots of GREAT info just waiting to be read and absorbed. :)

happy hunting, and again, welcome to the great Hookah Forum :)
[/quote]
Thank you very much and I'll take your advice. I actually already know what sort of hookah I have in mind just need a way to buy it.

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1320176807' post='529784']
right on! what are you wanting?
[/quote]
Since I have a rather small apartment and want something rather simple. I'd been looking at those few eight inch pumpkin hookahs that run from $40-50. I've heard some good things about those. As for my search i have found a lot of smokeshops but only one seems to even mention hookah and it's a fair distance away. I've found one site from her that'll sell a hookah starter kit and accepts MF which for me really seems to be my best option so far.

for 40 or 50 you'd be better off getting a mya QT or bambino. i've never heard good about pumpkins here and I think of most of these members as a pretty decent authority on quality.

the Qt's are small and easy to clean. excelent quality and will last forever. amazing clouds too.

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1320179733' post='529794']
for 40 or 50 you'd be better off getting a mya QT or bambino. i've never heard good about pumpkins here and I think of most of these members as a pretty decent authority on quality.

the Qt's are small and easy to clean. excelent quality and will last forever. amazing clouds too.
[/quote]Mind pointing me in the direction of where I can get one? Again my options are limited I can either take a three hour one way drive to a store that MIGHT have some or try to find someone online who accepts MF.

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-16-small-mya-hookahs-mini-hookahs.html

IDK if they accept that, but that's what they look like.
all of the shops that carry hookahs here have at least the QTs. They shouldn't be too difficult to find locally. if not, some searching should be able to find you somewhere that accepts

[quote name='mustang67n' timestamp='1320180789' post='529799']
[url="http://www.hookah-shisha.com/c-16-small-mya-hookahs-mini-hookahs.html"]http://www.hookah-sh...ni-hookahs.html[/url]

IDK if they accept that, but that's what they look like.
all of the shops that carry hookahs here have at least the QTs. They shouldn't be too difficult to find locally. if not, some searching should be able to find you somewhere that accepts
[/quote]Ah no they do mzil order even better! But now I wonder why I freaked out when I didn't see MF as a payment method at all.....

[quote name='Talon13' timestamp='1320195778' post='529852']
And now i just need some advice on coals...
[/quote]

Yep. Get a QT. It's small and smokes just like the bigger ones. Easy to clean, carry, all the shabang!

As for coals, stay away from quicklites will be my advice. They smell, and impart a coal taste to your tobacco which is not a good thing, and most people experience headaches while using them. Go for naturals, coconut coals. Coconaras, Chronic hookah naturals, cocomazayas.

You will need an electric coil burner for lighting them. You can get one at walgreens for $10-15.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1320237887' post='529917']
i have a better idea, take your cash, get a pre-paid credit card at the store, use it on ANY web site you want.
[/quote]

This.

Also- Mya QT hookah, small Nammor hose, Tangiers small phunnel bowl, Tangiers Lucid tobacco, and Coconara/Cocomazaya coals. This, to me, is the ultimate starter kit.

Oh, and welcome to HF!

Ok, take what everyone said and also check out this site: [url="http://5starhookah.com/Mya-Saray-Hookah_c38.htm?page=all"]http://5starhookah.com/Mya-Saray-Hookah_c38.htm?page=all[/url] They have the QT and Bambino's. They take money orders and checks (as well as the prepaid card thing - don't you have a debit card from MF you can use and debit it from your account? they used to offer virtual credit cards which I really miss). And, until nov 4, they are having a big sale - 10% off the whole site with additional specials. If you buy a hookah, good hose (I second the Nammor, just bought a second one cuz my BF wants his own), and shisha (they have a good special on Tangiers), you'll hit $100 and at that point your order will include a free box of natural coals.

(I have a gas stove in my house and use that to light my coals. It works fine for me and when I turn it off, it's off.)

Check out the review section and look under tobacco. You'll find reviews of different herbal brands so you can decide. I was going to go herbal myself, but decided not to. And another member is now switching from herbal to tobacco, when she can get tobacco.

There is also a review section by state. I don't know if there's anything for RI in there, but it doesn't hurt to look. And there are other members here from RI who pop in every so often. They may be able to send you in the right direction. If you ever go to NYC, check out the New York review section. I hit a couple places in the Village and posted my reviews. Need to go back to some and check on their coal and shisha pricing.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1320237887' post='529917']
i have a better idea, take your cash, get a pre-paid credit card at the store, use it on ANY web site you want.
[/quote] See that's my problem. I tried to get one of those once. But for some odd reason I was denied from being able to fully access it.

[quote name='Talon13' timestamp='1320285657' post='530049']
Ugh I'm not even sure how to mail order. I wish I could use MF it'd be far easier!!!
[/quote]

A lot of the reputable sites (H-S, 5star, etc) will have a number you can call with questions or access live online chat. Someone will be able to point you in the right direction for mailing a money order. They may also be able to take MF but just don't have it on their site. It never hurts to ask!!

The common suggestion is for buying a cheap coil burner at walgreens. My suggestion, if you can't do that, is to build a chimney. Search the forum for chimney and you'll find more info.