The Walking Dead

Chreees

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1320172119' post='529759']
[quote name='atalanta' timestamp='1320070548' post='529571']
Love it. Missed it last night because of football, should have gone elsewhere and watched it. Will have to see if its On Demand. Don't have SHO anymore so no more Dexter, have to Netflix it.
[/quote]www.sidereel.com
[/quote]

Thanks. It has quite a few I can't get from comcast's on demand.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320173032' post='529765']
Jay, the comics are each a quick read. Not long at all. I'm on #27 now.

I have to agree with you now, Desmond... better than the show.
[/quote]Well, I actually wanted to buy the comics.

Wait....are the comics different than the graphic novels? Or same same?

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1320180895' post='529801']

[/quote]

I think when you see them called graphic novels, they mean the comics. You can easily find all 90 issues online via torrent sites. I love reading them at work because I can do so while people are diddling around in the lobby looking at brochures or on the guest-use computer. I'm so into them in fact that I think next time I get a chance to smoke, I'm saying "screw TC" and just gonna read them instead. Can't get enough! I've got a test tomorrow that I'm neglecting to study for this shit's so good! :P

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320182230' post='529811']
[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1320180895' post='529801']

[/quote]

I think when you see them called graphic novels, they mean the comics. You can easily find all 90 issues online via torrent sites. I love reading them at work because I can do so while people are diddling around in the lobby looking at brochures or on the guest-use computer. I'm so into them in fact that I think next time I get a chance to smoke, I'm saying "screw TC" and just gonna read them instead. Can't get enough! I've got a test tomorrow that I'm neglecting to study for this shit's so good! :P
[/quote]

Torrents are the easiest way to get going on the comic. You may have wanted to buy them but unless you plan to shell out $8 at 90 comics...well I prefer my way lol. The comics are short, as I can confirm this and am fully updated to #90 myself.

Alright, I was obsessed with season 1. When it came out it I was immediately hooked. That being said, Im watching season 2 now, and Im not as excited.

I feel like its slowing down or something. Its also getting very, very dramatic, which Im not a huge fan of. Granted the drama is an aspect that makes it a good show, it just seems like its going at a slow pace. I'm going to sound like a mindless action fiend saying this, but the next episode really needs some serious zombie carnage. Its what makes the show for me.

Its weird to say this, and I bet a lot of you fans will disagree with me here, but to me its kind of getting that "Lost" feeling. (the show Lost) In relation to it just being a slow pace and a sense of hopelessness that drags on. Ive talked about this with my friend who also loves this show, and he too is getting the impression.
I loved Lost for the first couple seasons, but became tired of it.

This all being said, I LOVE zombies, so regardless of excessive drama, I'll keep watching the show. The zombies themselves are some of the best I've ever seen. Plus, the gun visual/audio effects in the first episode are mind blowing. Huge plus for me. ;)
Its great stuff, I just have my gripes. Its definitely awesome TV with hookah.

haha, That's awesome. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

and I love this quote of yours:

" I'm just waiting for Carl to finally be okay, Sophia to be found, and shit to go down at Hershel's farm."

agree 100%, especially the farm part. :P

[quote name='grock' timestamp='1320211882' post='529885']
Alright, I was obsessed with season 1. When it came out it I was immediately hooked. That being said, Im watching season 2 now, and Im not as excited.

I feel like its slowing down or something. Its also getting very, very dramatic, which Im not a huge fan of. Granted the drama is an aspect that makes it a good show, it just seems like its going at a slow pace. I'm going to sound like a mindless action fiend saying this, but the next episode really needs some serious zombie carnage. Its what makes the show for me.

Its weird to say this, and I bet a lot of you fans will disagree with me here, but to me its kind of getting that "Lost" feeling. (the show Lost) In relation to it just being a slow pace and a sense of hopelessness that drags on. Ive talked about this with my friend who also loves this show, and he too is getting the impression.
I loved Lost for the first couple seasons, but became tired of it.

This all being said, I LOVE zombies, so regardless of excessive drama, I'll keep watching the show. The zombies themselves are some of the best I've ever seen. Plus, the gun visual/audio effects in the first episode are mind blowing. Huge plus for me. ;)
Its great stuff, I just have my gripes. Its definitely awesome TV with hookah.
[/quote]

Again I will refer you to the comic... once you read that you'll see just how mellow the show is being lol

I'm now totally with Desmond... Guys, you HAVE to read the comics. I'm on #75. Shit is so good. The show is so bland in comparison. I will keep watching it, but it won't be easy. I'll probably watch it more so to see what they decide to show on-screen, and what they leave out...

Yeah grock, they're playing out this part on Hershel's farm WAY too long. Could've been all done in one episode...

I just finished #90 of the comic series.... fuck the show. The comic is where it's at, totally. Ruined the show for me. But if you want a damn good read, get/download the comics. I already know I will read these over and over again.

idk ive read the comic and while i think its much better, the show is pretty awesome, think about the way that a comic jumps around, if a tv show did that you would hate it because you wouldnt know why they just jumped from one thing to another so quickly, there needs to be some leadup to things and backstory on how it happens or there would be a lot more people pissed off about that.

[quote name='rhineholt' timestamp='1320556675' post='530424']
anybody got a link to the torrent or someplace to download these comics?
[/quote]
Not touching that topic with a ten foot pole

[quote name='rhineholt' timestamp='1320556675' post='530424']
anybody got a link to the torrent or someplace to download these comics?
[/quote]

Here's comics 1-86, you can find the other 4 to bring you to 90 on your own ;)
You will need a comic reader like comical to check em out.

[url="http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2686597/006928643911/"]http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2686597/006928643911/[/url]

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320674932' post='530557']
Another slow episode last night... Ugh, when will it pick up? And I swear, they need to friggin' find Sophia!
[/quote]
Well.... Because I know you read the comics and I'm sure you already know that they find sophia, thanks for the spoiler alert!!!! ;)

but srsly, i agree. it was... alright. i mean, nothing too thrilling. not enough zombies. not enough killing. wish i saw lauren cohan's boobs.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320714579' post='530660']
Sophia never went missing in the comics.

We almost got to see her boobs! Got a little side profile of them kinda.
[/quote]
Wait really??? then wtf is this BS?!?! then the past like, 2 episodes are pointless and not following the comics. dumb.

[quote name='rhineholt' timestamp='1320716260' post='530662']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320714579' post='530660']
Sophia never went missing in the comics.

We almost got to see her boobs! Got a little side profile of them kinda.
[/quote]
Wait really??? then wtf is this BS?!?! then the past like, 2 episodes are pointless and not following the comics. dumb.
[/quote]

Hence why it bothers me so much.

Did you know Darryl and Merle don't exist in the comics either? Also... (Spoilers ahead)

[spoiler]In the comics, Otis hasn't died yet, but Shane has. And they happen upon a gated community called Wiltshire Estates that they live in briefly before finding it to be infested with walkers, THEN they find Hershel's farm once Carl has been shot. Oh, and the whole CDC thing? Never happens in the comics.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320674932' post='530557']
Another slow episode last night... Ugh, when will it pick up? And I swear, they need to friggin' find Sophia!
[/quote]
Fishing Zombies out of wells Exiting - _- Edited by S3cretz