The Blew Hookah

Andrew Roome

This is definitely one of the better places in town. It's located right off of Academy and Austin Bluffs in a strip mall most people wouldn't bat an eye lash at.

Their hookahs are all large, generic Egyptians. They have a HUGE selection: SB, AF, Fumari, Fantasia with a grand total of about 70 flavors. The staff knows how to pack the bowls. I've never been disappointed with a smoke there.

The atmosphere is super chill. Dim lights, super comfy couches, pool table. Music is a mix, different every night. Usually the right level, but on weekends somehow can get pretty loud.

The staff is knowledgeable. The owner is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He makes complimentary tea that will blow your mind.

Price. $12 for a hookah that can be split.

Overall, my favorite lounge. Definitely check it out if ever in the Springs.

• 3 months later...
Just checked this place out last night and had a good time. Ever since I went to the funnel bowl I haven't used my egyptian and enjoyed it. But they packed a good bowl, the regulars and staff were really nice. The use large three kings as there standard coal and egyptian bowls, but you can ask for coco nara's and a funnel bowl for (3 for funnel, not sure on the coals) (which i didn't know until my 2nd bowl ($5 refill) came). Good blends, lots of fresh coals, music was alright. Will probably go again tonight, even though I have a little sinus pressure, not sure if its the altitude or the 2 bowl session last night. James and Obama (staff) were very friendly and knew there sh*t.