Hooka Tabacco Top 5

List you five favourite hookah tabbaco's makes.
like so :

Tangiers
Romman
Fumari
Nakhla
Al-fhakker

Broken thread name sorry. Edited by S3cretz

1 - Tangiers (fantastic flavors, good price)
2 - Romman (also great flavors, but high price)
3 - Fumari (extremely accurate flavors, too expensive a lot of the time)
4 - Nakhla (easy to use, easy to afford)
5 - Al Waha (excellent price and good flavors)

No particular order..
Tangiers- extremely cost efficient if you take into consideration the fact you can smoke 50g for 5-6 hours. Great flavors.
Nakhla- great tasting, very cheap, idiot proof tobacco.
Al Fahker- some pretty decent flavors. Their good flavors are REALLY good(guava, mint, soft black..)
Social smoke- I've never bought it for myself but the few times I have smoked it the flavor is strong and the smoke has a great feel to it. Among the best out there!
Desi Murli- insanely cheap. The flavors, smoke texture and buzz are out of this world. Rule of thumb- the crazier the flavor name, the better it is going to be.

Alex

Here in England we're damn lucky if we can get five different brands to try; I can only list three brands I expect to buy again.

1. Tangiers - even though we're paying upwards of $30 a pack when it gets here. Nice smoke quality, nice duration.
2. Sidi Mansour - Tunisian, great DA flavour and nice buzz, also in the "rare treats" category.
3. Nakhla - the staple of what we get here, nice decent Egyptian unwashed tobacco. Enjoying a bowl of Nakhla Mandarin as I type.

I can also list a few brands I don't plan to buy again: al-Fakher (overrated, no buzz, scorches easily, shisha for non-smokers); JMs (trying to be AF and tarred with the same brush), el Hennawy (poor consistency, flavours way off), el Baz (lousy consistency, flavours off).

[quote name='magick777' timestamp='1318444394' post='527521']
Here in England we're damn lucky if we can get five different brands to try; I can only list three brands I expect to buy again.

1. Tangiers - even though we're paying upwards of $30 a pack when it gets here. Nice smoke quality, nice duration.
2. Sidi Mansour - Tunisian, great DA flavour and nice buzz, also in the "rare treats" category.
3. Nakhla - the staple of what we get here, nice decent Egyptian unwashed tobacco. Enjoying a bowl of Nakhla Mandarin as I type.

I can also list a few brands I [u][b]don't plan to buy again: al-Fakher (overrated, no buzz, scorches easily, shisha for non-smokers)[/b][/u]; JMs (trying to be AF and tarred with the same brush), el Hennawy (poor consistency, flavours way off), el Baz (lousy consistency, flavours off).
[/quote]

Man, I wanna give you a hug right now. I thought I was the only person on HF who didn't like AF!

I really need to try a lot more brands :( I've definitely tried more than 5 but I don't have 5 that I would include as my favorites. Tangiers, Romman, Social Smoke, Desi Murli, Elmas -- all brands I have never smoked before, I need to fix this!!

1. Fusion (Even when I wasn't part of the company I still smoked this most often, and still do. The lounge I usually frequent serves it and at home I'm well-stocked. Personally I love the clouds, and I do get a nice, not over-powering buzz from it even though it's washed.)
2. Nakhla (Mmmm, I love the unwashed tobacco flavor alone, as well as the head-spinning buzz it tends to give me. I first tried it at a traditional hookah cafe in northern Virginia while visiting family (Oasis Cafe, stop in for hookah, boardgames, and Al Jazeera!), and if it's at a hookah lounge I'm at, I'm getting it. And I keep myself stocked on their Orange and Mizo Watermelon. Sidenote, last week I stopped using my funnel bowl while smoking Nak and now use an Egyptian -- even better!!)
3. AF (The first brand I ever tried, I mostly smoke it in lounges, but I still keep some double apple and guava around for when nostalgia strikes.)

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1318449398' post='527532']
1. Tangiers
2. Elmas
3. Nakhla
4. Al Fakher
5. I guess Romman... Really I don't feel I should have a number 5.
[/quote]

Good list sir :D

I have a complaint about this thread, it's reminding me of everything I've previously read about but not tried, and is causing me to spend even more on ordering in shisha from around the world. :)

With any luck, there'll be three bags of Desi Murli on their way to me any day now, in Mint, Aniseed and Black Licorice flavours. It's all HF's fault.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1318449398' post='527532']
1. Tangiers
2. Elmas
3. Nakhla
4. Al Fakher
5. I guess Romman... Really I don't feel I should have a number 5.
[/quote]

I put Romman for the same reason, im sure Tangys would be on my list but I havent found the time to buy nor acclimate it.

[quote name='xdeliriumx' timestamp='1318569303' post='527731']
Is there a reason SB gets a bum wrap around these parts?
[/quote]

Mostly the price for me. When I'm willing to put out that kind of money, I prefer Fumari or Fusion for that style of tobacco. Starbuzz isn't bad, just not worth its price tag to me.

[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1318579478' post='527742']
[quote name='xdeliriumx' timestamp='1318569303' post='527731']
[/quote]

Mostly the price for me. When I'm willing to put out that kind of money, I prefer Fumari or Fusion for that style of tobacco. Starbuzz isn't bad, just not worth its price tag to me.
[/quote]

If I'm going to pay $20 for shisha that doesn't produce as large of clouds, or as delicious of flavors as lets say Fantasia or Social Smoke, then im not likely to buy it. Especially as I can get either of the two ladder brands for 13-16 tops.

[quote][url="http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=527742"][img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_images/master/snapback.png[/img][/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Epoch, on 14 October 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:[/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[b]
[url="http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=527731"][img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_images/master/snapback.png[/img][/url]xdeliriumx, on 14 October 2011 - 01:15 AM, said:[/b]

Mostly the price for me. When I'm willing to put out that kind of money, I prefer Fumari or Fusion for that style of tobacco. Starbuzz isn't bad, just not worth its price tag to me.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If I'm going to pay $20 for shisha that doesn't produce as large of clouds, or as delicious of flavors as lets say Fantasia or Social Smoke, then im not likely to buy it. Especially as I can get either of the two ladder brands for 13-16 tops.[/font][/color][/quote]

I assume you are referring to 250g tins of starbuzz for $20? I have seen the others mentioned for prices in that range for the same amount of shisha.
I mean, yeah some others are $17 or $18 but are also only 200g.

Just saying I like the stuff and have no problem paying another dollar or two for it. :mellow:

[quote name='xdeliriumx' timestamp='1318603016' post='527757']
[quote][url="http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=527742"][img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_images/master/snapback.png[/img][/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b]Epoch, on 14 October 2011 - 04:04 AM, said:[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[b][url="http://www.hookahforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=527731"][img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_images/master/snapback.png[/img][/url]xdeliriumx, on 14 October 2011 - 01:15 AM, said:[/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If I'm going to pay $20 for shisha that doesn't produce as large of clouds, or as delicious of flavors as lets say Fantasia or Social Smoke, then im not likely to buy it. Especially as I can get either of the two ladder brands for 13-16 tops.[/font][/color][/quote]

I assume you are referring to 250g tins of starbuzz for $20? I have seen the others mentioned for prices in that range for the same amount of shisha.
I mean, yeah some others are $17 or $18 but are also only 200g.

Just saying I like the stuff and have no problem paying another dollar or two for it. :mellow:
[/quote]

Its not about the quantity.. If i wanted quantity I'd just spent 8-10 a pack and stock up on endless Nakhla.. the fact is that alot of brands smoke better than Starbuzz. Its one of those hype brands that pulls you in promising you the more fine cut tobacco with big clouds and fancy flavors when you first hop on the hookah wagon.... fact is there's better out there and I'd much rather pay for less of Fantasia at 200g or the exact same amount with Social Smoke at 250g and obtain a heck of a boost in flavor, cloud size, as well as overall customer satisfaction.

There nothing wrong with you liking it, nor was I saying that you have a problem for buying it lol.. You asked why it has a bad rep, so I gave my opinion on why I don't like it. If you don't like opinions then don't ask silly questions.

On a lighter note as you only have 4 posts, welcome to the forum and I apologize for being a hardass, been a long night lol