Mormons?

I see now some politicians are beginning to focus on Romney(and Huntsman) and the Mormon Church. Painting them as a cult or as none Christian. One guy even said they didn'y qualify for first amendment rights. So I did a little research and found to my amazement the Mormons wear special underwear.....who knew?

Yes we do an yes I am a Mormon. Our "special underwear" as you called it is a symbol of our personal convenats we have made with the lord Jesus christ and god our eternal father.

Hello My name is elder S3cretz And i have got the most amazing book to show to you today.
Seriously you guys you should go see Book of mormon

I think the mormons have a beautiful religion even though I dont believe in it.
Im not saying their practices are the best there are but the premise of their belief is amazing A reinvention of Christianity to fit a new age and to tackle new problems.
Although that age and its problems are gone now and the mormon belief is just as oudated as Christianity now.
Let me just make it clear im not hating on any beliefs here i believe everyone is entitled to their own set of beliefs no matter how Insane they may seem to an ousider. The wonderfull
diversity that humanity portay's is what makes us so uniqe andwonderfull and what stops my life from becoming boring so kudos to all religions out there:.

p.s I find it funny that mormon is not in my spellchecker

[quote name='mavsfan31' timestamp='1318120496' post='527150']
I don't really agree with Mormonism, but I know a lot who are Mormons.

Keep reading about them though, you'll find lots more interesting things...
[/quote]

Oh yeah man the higher up in the church you go the weirder shit gets.... there is a reason why people call it a cult, and it's not based on smearing their name but on their practices..

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1318122287' post='527160']
I dont get how its any weirder than the rest of Christianity
[/quote]

When you look at it at face value no, when you start getting into what the higher ups of the church do yes (imho)... I'll let you be the judge on that if you can read more into it. Either way I don't really want to get into it. I'm very passionate when it comes to my faith and generally people like to make the connection between this and Christianity thus it's a hot topic for myself so I'm not trying to get into shit.

[quote name='littlec' timestamp='1318122776' post='527162']
[/quote]

When you look at it at face value no, when you start getting into what the higher ups of the church do yes (imho)... I'll let you be the judge on that if you can read more into it. Either way I don't really want to get into it. I'm very passionate when it comes to my faith and generally people like to make the connection between this and Christianity thus it's a hot topic for myself so I'm not trying to get into shit.
[/quote]

Yeah, I read under the Banner of Heaven which is a pretty interesting book on the Mormon culture. I meant more that Christianity as a whole is pretty weird.
  • Upvote 1

At least Temple Garments aren't made out of symtex. More than I can say fr one other cult I can think of.

Who cares what they wear under their cloths? As long as it's not going to explode and shred a bunch of innocent people with bass bearings, and nails, it seems like a non-factor to me. A Mormon woman can chose not to wear that denim dress, and the bloomers, but if women in one certain cult I can think of choose to wear some "daisy dukes" we are going to see them swinging from a crane jib, or their head rolling cross a blue tarp.

Every Mormon I have ever known personally has been a decent sort that I have been glad to call a friend. That heaven with more levels than the Winchester Mansion confuses me, Hope the wings come with an on board nav system, or it's gonna be a mess.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1318123079' post='527165']
[/quote]

+1 rep for you good Sir.
[/quote]

+2 rep for you good sir.

[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1318175684' post='527203']
[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1318123079' post='527165']
[/quote]

+1 rep for you good Sir.
[/quote]

+2 rep for you good sir.
[/quote]

Agreed. Any any way every religion hits the cult button at some point.

Faith and religion are different creatures. This whole Mormon flap is all an attempt by "Dick" perry to divert from the fact he is a complete reject, and is falling faster in the polls than that satellite fell into the pacific a few weeks ago.

why should it matter what religion Romney is? Is that not why we came to America in the first place? A thing called religious freedom?? And yes Mormonism is a little strange unless you truly look into it and Mormons aren't suppposed to smoke but if I didn't how else would I have met you fabulous people :)

At what point does it go from "cult" to "not cult"???? We were talking about this last night and (one of the very few things I'll agree with TheScotsman) aren't religions a cult anyway??? Find yourself a charasmatic leader, have him/her spout some ideas that touch the hearts of the people, gather up some followers, and PRESTO you have a cult/religion. To the people it touches, it's a religion. To the people it annoys, it's a cult.

IMO I don't care what, if any, religion you follow. If it brings you peace, then I am happy for you. If it brings you sorrow, then I am sad for you.

[quote name='atalanta' timestamp='1318266350' post='527287']
At what point does it go from "cult" to "not cult"???? We were talking about this last night and (one of the very few things I'll agree with TheScotsman) aren't religions a cult anyway??? Find yourself a charasmatic leader, have him/her spout some ideas that touch the hearts of the people, gather up some followers, and PRESTO you have a cult/religion. To the people it touches, it's a religion. To the people it annoys, it's a cult.

IMO I don't care what, if any, religion you follow. If it brings you peace, then I am happy for you. If it brings you sorrow, then I am sad for you.
[/quote]
Agreed .
But a cult is what the big church calls the little church unless its scientology because golden disk and jesus in america is way more sane idea than Spirits of brain washed aliens were tossed in the Volcano's of Hawaii by Xenu
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1318267273' post='527290']

[/quote]
Agreed .
But a cult is what the big church calls the little church unless its scientology because golden disk and jesus in america is way more sane idea than Spirits of brain washed aliens were tossed in the Volcano's of Hawaii by Xenu
[/quote]

That is a perfect summary.
+1

cut, print, wrap... perfect ending.

[/quote]
Agreed .
[/quote]

Thank you for reminding me about the attack of the flaming dove: [url="http://flickr.com/gp/ata1anta/N00j90"]http://flickr.com/gp/ata1anta/N00j90[/url]

[quote name='atalanta' timestamp='1318267873' post='527294']

[/quote]
Agreed .
[/quote]

Thank you for reminding me about the attack of the flaming dove: [url="http://flickr.com/gp/ata1anta/N00j90"]http://flickr.com/gp/ata1anta/N00j90[/url]
[/quote]
i dont quite get it ,but your welcome?

I can't don't have anything meaningful to add to this conversation, except I can't hear "mormons" with out thinking of the numerous south park references there are! lol

It's been said you can learn some really good things in some really bad places.

Ever since I bought my Kindle, I've been reading hours every night. So I pick up the book version that the Legend of the Seeker TV series was based on. In the first book, there's a conversation between Zedd and Richard about the Wizard's First Rule. What's the First Rule and how does it apply to this conversation?

The Wizard's First Rule is: People are stupid. Give them a reason to believe something, no matter how outlandish and they'll believe it. I'd say that goes for pretty much all religions. Faith is a completely different animal. But when it comes to religion, or dogma perpetuated by an organization? Yep, proves that ol' Wizard's First Rule.

'Rani