Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mushrat

The Official Fusion Tobacco Thread

Hi everyone! I'm Phil from [url="http://www.fusiontobacco.com"]Fusion Tobacco[/url] and I'm here to represent the brand online by keeping you guys updated about our specials and answering any questions you might have.

You may have noticed the new banner ads advertising our grand opening, as we just opened this week. Right now we have a grand opening special where [b]each customer will receive a free gift with purchase[/b] (could be anything as small as a few mouth tips, a pack of foil sheets, to bigger things like charcoal, hoses, shisha, etc). Don't miss out on this opportunity, [b]this deal is valid from now until October 7th [/b]and there is no minimum purchase to qualify.

We are currently working on new specials to follow our grand opening deals, and we have big things planned for the future. We will have crazy deals every week on one random day of the week, and of course exclusive deals and discounts for the Hookah Forum community. So check back in the weeks to come, in addition to more deals we are currently adding to our inventory as well.

Thanks!

I just ordered from the fusion website, and i got to talk to Phil thru tiny chat. As the website is just introduced, its not that easy to navigate but having the option to talk to a real life human being was great and helpful. You guys should check out the website if you have a chance. Shipping cost was the lowest from what I have saw on other websites.

Thanks for the purchase and kind words! We are proud of our shipping rate and are trying to keep all prices inherently low whether it's for merchandise or shipping. Because of this I should probably say now you won't be seeing too many coupon codes from us, we have things more along the lines of contests and random weekly deals in mind which are coming soon :)

Also, apologies for the shopping cart navigation not being as user-friendly as it should be, we hope to have this fixed in the very near future.

I'll ship your order out to you tomorrow, thanks again and we really hope you enjoy your first time trying Fusion!

It's now easier to see what's in your cart!

And I have also added the [url="http://www.fusiontobacco.com/index.php/buy-online?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=130&category_id=21"]Pumpkin Hookah[/url] to our inventory on special for $19.99. Comes with a FREE case and starter accessories. It's great for somebody just getting into the lifestyle, travelling, or to take worry-free to parties while your nice KM, Mya, etc. sits safely at home :) Edited by Fusion

Hello Fusion/Phil. If you don't mind me adding something about the site. From one webmaster to another (yes, you own a site now so you are a webmaster ;) ), the flashy stuff sometimes looks good but isn't very function. When I go to the index page, you have that massive rotator/slider. While that's nice to have on one page, having it on all pages is rather annoying for the end user. After we find what we want to look at (say shisha), then we want to see that. Going to the shisha page, I have to scroll down below the fold just to see the products. I would recommend removing the slider from all other pages aside from the homepage. Also note, the slider seems to be of low quality too. Kind of looks like the images were shrunk too much making them look funky.

The buttons at top were cool about 5-10 years ago. Most (good) sites no longer use buttons like that in their navigation anymore. I'm sure you used a graphics designer for this and I personally don't think much of the design is appealing. The gradient on the search bar is rather amateur. It should either be a lighter gray...or if you want a gradient...it shouldn't go to black, just a slight lighter gray.

There's also various alignment issues. I think I'm on FF6 right now (7 is out just haven't upgraded).

So on to the next thing. When I go to the tobacco link, you list all your flavors. For one, I clicked it bc I was wanting to look at prices and to my surprise, it was just flavor listings. If anything, link the category headers (e.g. Traditional Fruit Flavors) to the traditional fruit flavors "buy online" link, or have some sort of link that gets them to the buy online portion of the site. But it's just backwards IMO. When I go to a site like "hookah-shisha.com" I click on "Shisha/Tobacco" and it brings me to all their tobacco to buy. Possibly renaming your category link to something like "About our Tobacco" would be better; there you can explain your flavors, how you treat the tobacco, etc.

I'll stop there as I think that's a lot and I really hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm just hoping I can give my 2 cents and it be heard and I hope you believe these would be improvements to the site or the things I noted that are "out of fashion" now can find a solution for those. And I hope it's not wrong to post this here. If it is, please remove the post :/ And if you want to talk this over via another form of communication, feel free to PM me. I've owned a site for over 6 years. Have had multiple designs...some costing me upward around $5,000 to buy and some as little as $400.

Just trying to help.

Hi DrSmokes. I didn't personally design the website or (unfortunately) have any role in the conception, I only maintain it and it's been in my hands for just a week now. But I have spent a massive amount of time this weekend trying to make the site look better, I'm glad you didn't see it Friday or earlier :lol:

I agree with you on many of your points, especially about the rotating flash gallery. I've wanted to and would do exactly what you mentioned if I knew how. I'll have to contact the designer myself to address most of these problems, since this is my first time being a webmaster and I'm learning as I go.

So, no offense taken. Thanks for taking the time to offer constructive criticism based on your 6+ years of experience :) Edited by Fusion

Phil, Fusion Mandarin is probably one of the best all around flavors ever made and could compete with almost any brand at any level. Sadly, I feel that the tin cans make the price of the product unnecessarily high as with Starbuzz and Social Smoke. However, I was wondering if Fusion plans to make and sell Kilos of their flavors as I'd love to be able to get my hands on some Fusion Mandarin in a kilo size for the value. I've been a big Fusion fan for a while and introduced it to a lot of people on this site. Looking forward to having you on here and can't wait to get some more of that Mandarin....buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut one big problem

FUSION MANDARIN ISNT LISTED ON THE SITE :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm going to cry

Hi Tyler, thanks for the kind words! And please don't cry! I share your enthusiasm with Mandarin, but unfortunately a lot of people didn't. It's not officially discontinued, but we don't make it often. However, if you wanted to buy it we will make it for you and sell it for $49.95 per kilogram. This goes for any flavor, $49.95 for a kilo, just contact me if you don't see the option available on the website which I will be adding shortly. For now, I have added Mandarin to the website in all sizes which can be seen [url="http://www.fusiontobacco.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=131"]here[/url]

Aside from that, the cans seriously don't add much if anything to the cost. We've had the same prices since we've packaged our shisha in the cardboard boxes packaged with Tupperware containers which was arguably more expensive to do. The price comes from mostly the raw materials like (washed) top-grade, fresh whole-leaf Virginian tobacco we shred ourselves, glycerin, honey, or from the flavorings.

Any savings we make whether it's in packaging, the tobacco leaf, flavors, glycerin, etc. we ALWAYS put the money back into making sure we keep top quality tobacco on the shelves, because we smoke this ourselves and are very proud of our product. For example, last month we changed glycerin suppliers and took the savings we made and solicited a few new flavoring companies. We wound up getting an incredible food-grade chocolate flavoring from one supplier that we are extremely excited to use and get out on the shelves, it smells and tastes amazing and I'm not a chocolate person.

ANYWAYS, I hope this wall of text has been informative and helpful ;) Hope this has been helpful to you, thanks again for the kind words :) Edited by Fusion

I think I just creamed myself...*goes to clean up* Next time I'm able to I am coming to you for a kilo of mandarin!

Glad we could help!

Also, all flavors are now available in kilograms!

I got my stuff today. Thanks for the free fuzzy fuzzy. I cant wait to smoke this stuff if only my new hose would get here. :(

Also thanks for sending it Fed Ex. Keeping me employed. lol

No problem! Thanks again for the order, I wish I knew you didn't have a hose or else I would have tossed in a disposable to tide you over. :( Either way, I hope you're able to enjoy your new stash soon and we look forward to hearing your thoughts :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are extending the grand opening special, and are now offering FREE Fed Ex Ground shipping to anybody in the US who spends over $50 (after taxes)!

I'm thinking of picking up some Fusion now.....just because.

I used to LOVE fusion, I do still enjoy it from time to time. But I loved it even more when it was unwashed (which was quite some time ago ... maybe 6 years ago? Can't really remember for sure). It had (in my opinion) a more robust flavor and mouth feel. Not necessarily a better flavor, that is subjective of course, it just felt more full, if that makes sense.

Any potential plans or thoughts of an unwashed line in the future?

Even to do like 5-10 of your top flavors unwashed, I would be a happy camper!