Nhl 2011-2012 Official Thread!

cotsi95

Never been much of Hockey fan, like a die hard fan. But I do cheer for the Stars, and a small minor league team in town.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1317539024' post='526085']
Canucks beat the shit out of the oilers tonight 4-1. I have a feeling its gonna be another good year to be a canucks fan :D
[/quote]

You do realize you were playing against the Oilers? A team that already has several key players out, and was still using rolling try out lines right while the Cancuks were using their starting night lines? So while they may be good, I wouldn't use that game as your benchmark.

I am ready for it...but been through through all the shitty years, the not so shitty years, the shitty ones again, and now the bandwagon years...C A P S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!! Maybe its gonna happen this year finally.

I am pretty excited for Vokun. I personally thought we should have traded Semin to NYI (Yes, I am aware of the fact we are both in the east..but its not like the islanders are gonna make any dents for a few more seasons at least) for Nabakov. Got rid of the laziest player in the league, for an outstanding goalie who has been shunned the past few years after getting released from the sharks due to the cap. But I think Vokun is going to be outstanding!

My friends and I have a running joke between us, the Capitals will win it their first season without Ovi. He just always seems to become a non-factor every post season for you guys.

I actually disagree...I think its other factors like Semin and Green that never show up! I think Ovechkin showed up huge in last years series, both against the rangers and the bolts..the team just could not come together. at a minimum, if we dont make it to game 7 of the eastern conference finals, Bruce is OUT.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1317849763' post='526593']
It feels like this off season was so long.
[/quote]

Thats just cause the blackhawks got knocked out first round.....hmmm....lol doesn't seem that long to me.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1317854822' post='526606']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1317849763' post='526593']
It feels like this off season was so long.
[/quote]

Thats just cause the blackhawks got knocked out first round.....hmmm....lol doesn't seem that long to me.
[/quote]

Yeah, your right. We did have a long off season this year especially when compared to the season before. What with all the partying after you know, WINNING the Stanley Cup and all. Edited by ChicagoRSX

Well I'm thinking the Penguins surprised more then a few people showing up to play as hard as they did. Also I'm surprised Jagr played at the level he did. Looked like he didn't even miss a step.

Pretty pumped for tomorrows game..hopefully my CAPS can keep up this heat, and maybe Vokoun will play for 60 minutes, not 5 and a shoot out!

All I have to say..is FUCK YEA! My boys pulled it off after sooooo many ignored calls. I don't see how the refs could kiss the penguins ass more then they did tonight. Try to wash out a goal that bounces back out from the net? That was the worst, but so many more...and we finally get our first power play of the night and utilize it pretty quick.

I was at monday's game and Vokoun made me nervous..but I loved him tonight. He as clutch as shit, real old school style that I love. He was big tonight.

Lol no matter the season, the refs still seem to suck. My Hawks started a bit sluggish tonight but are getting it together. Although Emeryville still seems like he might not be over the flu he had this week. Hopefuly he can clean it up a bit.

For real...

Just off of the top of my head..the worst was the wash off goal, which they only reviewed after huge complains and it was so obvious. I will say, I give big ups to Jay Beagle for getting his ass kicked, but that whole event was bullshit. Did he deserve his roughing call? Absolutely..but so did Letang. But even if you ignore that..Asham should have gotten an instigating call. He charges across the ice to go after Beagle , and gets nothing for it. I am not saying some of the calls we did not deserve, but all but the very last one, which was painfully obvious (not that that means anything) were flat out ignored.

MoJo getting checked from behind in open ice after cleaning the puck, the numerous holding calls right before Pittsburgh power play when they tied up, it goes on and on...and while I will try not to get into my feelings on it, its hard to overlook it when they constantly get the upper hand when it comes to calls and its so obvious how far up the leagues and commissioners ass they are. Its disgusting.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1318569330' post='527732']
Canucks let me down again tonight but they do have a very tough schedule so far. Av's OWNED tonight...like seriously 7-1!
[/quote]

I was really disappointed when we traded Varlamov to CO...I have been a huge fan of his sense we drafted him and really thought he would be our goalie for years to come. Yea he had some nagging injuries, but he was always outstanding in my book. He is really going to help the Avs rebuild their franchise.

On a side note, I was really impressed with Vokouns style last night, real old school and aggressive.

Well my Hawks lost in the SO to the Bruins, but no shame in that game. Each team played their asses off and it was over all, a goalie battle to the end. Tim Thomas is still looking like the guy that steam rolled a sedin(read:A bad ass). Glad to see he seems( as of right now,) to prove all the Nuck fans who claimed he would suck this season wrong.

Crawford looked solid as hell, and Patrick Kane seems to be playing like he has something to prove, I heard rumors that he took all the Kane drinking/hungover/flu=bombed jokes a little personally. And I say, good for him, he has stepped his game up. And I'm still not sold on Carbomb, but I'm like his style of play so far.

I really like Crawford. I did not think it was the smartest move to get rid of Anti Neimmi (sp ?) so quickly, and was actually gunning for the sharks after the caps were out for that reason...but Crawford is solid. Thomas is amazing no question, but I dont think his streak is going to last the whole season IMO.