How Does A Buzz Feel Like?

Hey guys i'm very new into smoking, I'm not too sure how should I feel when i'm in a buzz state. It'd be nice if someone could describe the exact experience.

Normally when i'm smoking shisha, I get quite dizzy but not like the ones you get from booze. It feels like a slight headache, I think. When i get up, i tend to get a bit wobbly on my toes. At the end of most sessions, I kinda have this bad feeling that make me regret smoking at the first place. My lungs feel constricted, I need to take big breaths and there's this bearable throbbing in my head. After grabbing some fresh air for like 15mins, I feel way better. Anyone regularly feel this way?

I don't think i'm doing anything wrong cause this is the way I normally feel when i'm smoking in a hookah bar or at home. Maybe i'm just not used to the nicotine huh?

May be. Also, sometimes people use bad coals and mistake the bad feeling it gives as a buzz. What coals do you use? I ask because what you're describing is less of a buzz and more of a bad feeling I used to get when I used quicklite coals.

I'd describe hookah buzz as a very relaxing feeling...a little bit of lightheaded-ness that makes you sit back in your chair and enjoy the time, the moment, the experience of smoking a hookah. I quite like it when I get a buzz....I smoke 2 bowls a day though, so I seldom get one!

It could also be because of nicotine poisoning, if your body is not used to it, but I am inclined to believe it's the coals.

I think what you are describing is a combination of nicotine and CO. I think it is unlikely that you are getting enough nicotine from hookah to feel sick. smoke in a well ventilated area, take a break between puffs and you should start to enjoy it more.

You've got the ol' CO sickness.

1 - Make sure the coals are well-lit.
2 - Drink plenty of water.
3 - Slow down on your smoking.
4 - Enjoy!

A good nicotine buzz should give you a mild light-headed feeling.

Oh, and it is preferred to not smoke on an empty stomach. The only time I've ever thrown up after a hookah session was when I hadn't eaten anything before it and I used shitty quicklites. Nowadays, I smoke 2 bowls before bed, so I have had dinner at the time....otherwise If I ever smoke during the day, I have a light snack to go with the hookah.

I do always keep a bottle of water handy and sip it a little every 20 mins or so.

yea maybe you should eat before hand, also having something to drink while youre smoking should help. that and make sure youre using some good quality coals. check out the review section, itll help out alot.

that dizzyness is not really good. The buzz is a bit of a light headed feeling but I have never felt sick or dizzy with it. I would have to agree co or nicotine is the culprit. Just take it slow and your body will get use to things. Make sure to have some fluids to drink on hand. What kind of hookah tobacco was it? Edited by king_lunchb0x

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1315856012' post='523557']
Buzz - Take 10 deep breathes over and over really quickly and then stand up

CO poisoning - Take 15 shots of everclear and then smash your head into a brick wall
[/quote]

lol pretty much somes it up.

CO poisoning - Take 15 shots of everclear and then smash your head into a brick wall
[/quote]

Or park next to an ambulance with the motor running come back out and it's still there and your car is so full of CO you want to puke on the ambulance. (I really wish I had)

Buzz - Take 10 deep breathes over and over really quickly and then stand up

[/quote]
Almost what i was gonna say but instead of 15 shot of everclear its beer pong with no beer replaced with shot of teqilla.

Yeah the pounding headake in the back of your head is what i get from QL

I used to get buzzed many years ago, mainly when I smoked Ajamy, which is that dry tobacco, that is rinsed, strained and popped on a head without the use of foil. That stuff will knock most people out. I have stopped smoking that along time ago.
As for a hookah buzz, I just don't like it. I feel that the buzz is from something else, by products, bad coals, too many coals. So, I avoid it at all costs.
You don't need a buzz to relax and enjoy hookah.

[quote name='UltimateHookah' timestamp='1315861844' post='523574']
I used to get buzzed many years ago, mainly when I smoked Ajamy, which is that dry tobacco, that is rinsed, strained and popped on a head without the use of foil. That stuff will knock most people out. I have stopped smoking that along time ago.
As for a hookah buzz, I just don't like it. I feel that the buzz is from something else, by products, bad coals, too many coals. So, I avoid it at all costs.
[b]You don't need a buzz to relax and enjoy hookah[/b].
[/quote]
+1

[quote name='YanGsTer' timestamp='1315826482' post='523492']
Hey guys i'm very new into smoking, I'm not too sure how should I feel when i'm in a buzz state. It'd be nice if someone could describe the exact experience.

Normally when i'm smoking shisha, I get quite dizzy but not like the ones you get from booze. It feels like a slight headache, I think. When i get up, i tend to get a bit wobbly on my toes. At the end of most sessions, I kinda have this bad feeling that make me regret smoking at the first place. My lungs feel constricted, I need to take big breaths and there's this bearable throbbing in my head. After grabbing some fresh air for like 15mins, I feel way better. Anyone regularly feel this way?

I don't think i'm doing anything wrong cause this is the way I normally feel when i'm smoking in a hookah bar or at home. Maybe i'm just not used to the nicotine huh?
[/quote]

That doesn't sound right; I don't normally feel that way. My guess is it's carbon monoxide, although too much nicotine can also do it. Epoch had some good suggestions, and if you are using quicklites, you may want to switch.

Yeah, sounds like you may have experienced CO poisoning. From now on, pace your pulls, stay hydrated by keeping a glass of water beside you, and don't smoke on an empty stomach.

You shouldn't feel dizzy or have a headache when buzzed from hookah. Feeling wobbly from standing up can be normal though, haha. I don't get buzzed much these days, though.

I'm assuming you don't smoke cigs. If you are smoking alone, you are probably smoking too fast. Make sure your coal is lit all the way. I've only had a problem with this when my coal wasn't fully lit, I was smoking continuously by myself, or I haven't eaten enough that day.

I only have AF tobaccos with me so that's the only brand I smoke. I'm using natural coals, no chemicals or whatsoever added. It's a local-made coal which most of the hookah vendors are using. Fyi, it's cyclindrical-shaped. Urm I do let the coals to lit first before use.

I never smoke with an empty stomach and I normally would keep a glass of fluid with me. Most of the time, there's company with me but i can be very greedy in hogging the hose :D

My smoking sessions are outside of the house, so ventilation problem is obviously out.

I guess it's CO or nicotine poisoning, my body just can't handle it. I use to have asthma, maybe that's why. Hmmph.. Anyway i'll update if I ever do feel this buzz rather than a headache. Thanks guys!

The throbbing headache is from lack of oxygen to the brain. Make sure you take some cleansing breathes every few pulls. The other side effects could be the result of nicotine, impurities in smoke (possibly from coals), changes in blood pressure and blood sugar. That doesn't mean that they are all changing at once for you but it make help to look at your smoking habits (how hard you pull and how often, what the quality of smoke is etc) and lifestyle (what do you eat, how often, are you hydrated, are there other health concerns that should be addressed, are there medications that are interfering with your experience, how is the company of the people you are smoking around?).