22 replies to this topic

#1 YanGsTer

YanGsTer

Bey - Low Lord of the Hose.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hey guys i'm very new into smoking, I'm not too sure how should I feel when i'm in a buzz state. It'd be nice if someone could describe the exact experience.

Normally when i'm smoking shisha, I get quite dizzy but not like the ones you get from booze. It feels like a slight headache, I think. When i get up, i tend to get a bit wobbly on my toes. At the end of most sessions, I kinda have this bad feeling that make me regret smoking at the first place. My lungs feel constricted, I need to take big breaths and there's this bearable throbbing in my head. After grabbing some fresh air for like 15mins, I feel way better. Anyone regularly feel this way?

I don't think i'm doing anything wrong cause this is the way I normally feel when i'm smoking in a hookah bar or at home. Maybe i'm just not used to the nicotine huh?

#2 vendetta_revived

vendetta_revived

Grand Sultan - Sultan of Shisha

• Forum Elders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

May be. Also, sometimes people use bad coals and mistake the bad feeling it gives as a buzz. What coals do you use? I ask because what you're describing is less of a buzz and more of a bad feeling I used to get when I used quicklite coals.

I'd describe hookah buzz as a very relaxing feeling...a little bit of lightheaded-ness that makes you sit back in your chair and enjoy the time, the moment, the experience of smoking a hookah. I quite like it when I get a buzz....I smoke 2 bowls a day though, so I seldom get one!

It could also be because of nicotine poisoning, if your body is not used to it, but I am inclined to believe it's the coals.

ring.gif

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens

#3 Skoozle

Skoozle

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

I think what you are describing is a combination of nicotine and CO. I think it is unlikely that you are getting enough nicotine from hookah to feel sick. smoke in a well ventilated area, take a break between puffs and you should start to enjoy it more.

I have no preference on male or female parts, which is why this is a tough choice.

#4 Epoch

Epoch

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Interests:Energy drinks, prime time TV, metal and hard rock music, and of course shisha.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

You've got the ol' CO sickness.

1 - Make sure the coals are well-lit.
2 - Drink plenty of water.
3 - Slow down on your smoking.
4 - Enjoy!

A good nicotine buzz should give you a mild light-headed feeling.

#5 vendetta_revived

vendetta_revived

• Forum Elders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:24 AM

Oh, and it is preferred to not smoke on an empty stomach. The only time I've ever thrown up after a hookah session was when I hadn't eaten anything before it and I used shitty quicklites. Nowadays, I smoke 2 bowls before bed, so I have had dinner at the time....otherwise If I ever smoke during the day, I have a light snack to go with the hookah.

I do always keep a bottle of water handy and sip it a little every 20 mins or so.

ring.gif

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
- Christopher Hitchens

#6 ntur

ntur

Emir - Of the Emerald Argileh

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:hookah, soccer, sailing, cars, all water sports

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:54 AM

yea maybe you should eat before hand, also having something to drink while youre smoking should help. that and make sure youre using some good quality coals. check out the review section, itll help out alot.

#7 king_lunchb0x

king_lunchb0x

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • Interests:hookah,games,movies,shooting

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

that dizzyness is not really good. The buzz is a bit of a light headed feeling but I have never felt sick or dizzy with it. I would have to agree co or nicotine is the culprit. Just take it slow and your body will get use to things. Make sure to have some fluids to drink on hand. What kind of hookah tobacco was it?

Edited by king_lunchb0x, 12 September 2011 - 12:14 PM.

#8 TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave

BITZ!!!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

Buzz - Take 10 deep breathes over and over really quickly and then stand up

CO poisoning - Take 15 shots of everclear and then smash your head into a brick wall

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 dog4life919

dog4life919

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

CO poisoning - Take 15 shots of everclear and then smash your head into a brick wall

lol pretty much somes it up.

#10 atalanta

atalanta

Vizier - Molassed Harlequin

• Vested Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Or park next to an ambulance with the motor running come back out and it's still there and your car is so full of CO you want to puke on the ambulance. (I really wish I had)
That biological clock you hear ticking is, in fact, a crocodile.

Gotta love automatic toilets, one false move and it's a bidet!

#11 ezxen

ezxen

Essence of clouds

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Almost what i was gonna say but instead of 15 shot of everclear its beer pong with no beer replaced with shot of teqilla.

Yeah the pounding headake in the back of your head is what i get from QL

#12 UltimateHookah

UltimateHookah

Pasha - Majestrate of Mu'ussel

• Vendor
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

I used to get buzzed many years ago, mainly when I smoked Ajamy, which is that dry tobacco, that is rinsed, strained and popped on a head without the use of foil. That stuff will knock most people out. I have stopped smoking that along time ago.
As for a hookah buzz, I just don't like it. I feel that the buzz is from something else, by products, bad coals, too many coals. So, I avoid it at all costs.
You don't need a buzz to relax and enjoy hookah.
Neiman Chalhoub
President
UltimateHookah.com
HF18=promocode for 18% off for HF members, orders over $45

#13 king_lunchb0x

king_lunchb0x

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • Interests:hookah,games,movies,shooting

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

I used to get buzzed many years ago, mainly when I smoked Ajamy, which is that dry tobacco, that is rinsed, strained and popped on a head without the use of foil. That stuff will knock most people out. I have stopped smoking that along time ago.
As for a hookah buzz, I just don't like it. I feel that the buzz is from something else, by products, bad coals, too many coals. So, I avoid it at all costs.
You don't need a buzz to relax and enjoy hookah.

+1

#14 joytron

joytron

touched by his noodly appendage

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

A buzz feels like getting a massage from a god with marshmallow hands.

Quality pipes will never have a dragon coming out of the stem.

QUOTE (jfaltous @ Feb 19 2009, 07:47 AM) Sometimes it's forgivable if you poke them in a Hello Kitty pattern also (smokes twice as well if the bowl is pink).
(07:20 PM) Charley -but everytime i hear the name i picture the sorcerer's apprentice smoking hookah while the broom sweeps angerybecuase hes not sharing.
(10:09 PM) delSol_si - you know those water snakes? i thought it would be a good jerkin toy...not so much...WAY too tight
(10:14 PM) delSol_si - i tried to fuck it
(10:14 PM) delSol_si - didn't work
tpatt90 Posted Image :(Today, 09:33 PM)New status update posted by tpatt90 - Getting FISTPUMED on the shore.......FML

"I am going to cut your (penis) off and set this bed on fire." sad part is i was aroused by that.

#15 Hassouni

Hassouni

Nargile Knight - Shahanshah of Shisha

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts
  • Location:DC, constantly seeking to return to London or Beirut
  • Interests:DJing, guitaring, bassing, cooking, fine ales, wines, and cocktails

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

I would think a marshmallow massage would be counterproductive, unless that's your point

Telling you what's good at http://weballharder.com and twitter.com/WBHblog

In Farsi, nargil means coconut and shisheh means glass. Just thought I'd throw it in there.

frnXxyM.gif

tumblr_n1vl342TCk1r0tjypo2_500.gif

#16 joytron

joytron

touched by his noodly appendage

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

It may be counterproductive, but its still an amazing experience.

Quality pipes will never have a dragon coming out of the stem.

QUOTE (jfaltous @ Feb 19 2009, 07:47 AM) Sometimes it's forgivable if you poke them in a Hello Kitty pattern also (smokes twice as well if the bowl is pink).
(07:20 PM) Charley -but everytime i hear the name i picture the sorcerer's apprentice smoking hookah while the broom sweeps angerybecuase hes not sharing.
(10:09 PM) delSol_si - you know those water snakes? i thought it would be a good jerkin toy...not so much...WAY too tight
(10:14 PM) delSol_si - i tried to fuck it
(10:14 PM) delSol_si - didn't work
tpatt90 Posted Image :(Today, 09:33 PM)New status update posted by tpatt90 - Getting FISTPUMED on the shore.......FML

"I am going to cut your (penis) off and set this bed on fire." sad part is i was aroused by that.

#17 Bella

Bella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

Hey guys i'm very new into smoking, I'm not too sure how should I feel when i'm in a buzz state. It'd be nice if someone could describe the exact experience.

Normally when i'm smoking shisha, I get quite dizzy but not like the ones you get from booze. It feels like a slight headache, I think. When i get up, i tend to get a bit wobbly on my toes. At the end of most sessions, I kinda have this bad feeling that make me regret smoking at the first place. My lungs feel constricted, I need to take big breaths and there's this bearable throbbing in my head. After grabbing some fresh air for like 15mins, I feel way better. Anyone regularly feel this way?

I don't think i'm doing anything wrong cause this is the way I normally feel when i'm smoking in a hookah bar or at home. Maybe i'm just not used to the nicotine huh?

That doesn't sound right; I don't normally feel that way. My guess is it's carbon monoxide, although too much nicotine can also do it. Epoch had some good suggestions, and if you are using quicklites, you may want to switch.

#18 SirBlue

SirBlue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

Quicklights are the devil. NEVER again.

#19 Chreees

Chreees

The one, the only... Alabammer.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,976 posts
  • Interests:Hookah, Vaping, Graphic Design, and Computer/Phone Repair.

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

Yeah, sounds like you may have experienced CO poisoning. From now on, pace your pulls, stay hydrated by keeping a glass of water beside you, and don't smoke on an empty stomach.

You shouldn't feel dizzy or have a headache when buzzed from hookah. Feeling wobbly from standing up can be normal though, haha. I don't get buzzed much these days, though.

#20 nkfm

nkfm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

I'm assuming you don't smoke cigs. If you are smoking alone, you are probably smoking too fast. Make sure your coal is lit all the way. I've only had a problem with this when my coal wasn't fully lit, I was smoking continuously by myself, or I haven't eaten enough that day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users