Greetings From Down South!

Hello all,

I am a new member here. I have been a member before I do believe but am now a returning member/user and this is a very helpful forum. One tech problem I have is on my profile there is information present that I didn't put there... eg member title: Bey - Low Lord of the Hose. I don't know who the lord of the hose is but it ain't me. Also, my country is USA but the Israeli flag is flying. I changed my country to Sweden (where I hope to move to before toooo long as I have given up on the USA) to see if the flag would change to that nice yellow and blue one... but nope, same one still flapping in the wind. So, for the record, I have no member title--if someone created that for me I do not approve of that and it would be certain cause for me to opt out of membership here. And I am from the US. Other than that I am glad to be here and thankful for all the information and I hope to make some useful posts for others. Just please don't tamper with my profile.... ;)

Welcome to the forums. And your member title is given to you based on how many posts you have. Everyone who first joins is Low Lord of the Hose. When you post more your title will eventually change. That's just how it works.

well gee thanks for letting me know in advance. i find that policy to be odd. i don't recall reading that i would be given a name when i joined, by someone else. i find it insulting. yeah, if i don't like that policy i don't have to be here. but i don't like for anyone to affect me without my consent or permission.

Welcome to HF, first off.

Secondly, about your member title... As Mike said, that is generic. It's how it is for everyone. I went to try and change it, despite you not wanting anyone to tamper with your profile, but I am unable to change it. The only way I know of to change it for you is if you become a premium member by donating to the forum. Changing your title is one of the features to being a premium member. Not sure you want to donate to the forum, though, since you seem to let this generic title make you feel you want to opt out of membership here.

So I guess all I can tell you is donate and become premium to be able to change it, just be okay with it, or decide you don't want to be a member here. I hope you decide to stay with us, though.

Again, welcome to the forum.

[quote name='southernhookin' timestamp='1315604426' post='523251']
well gee thanks for letting me know in advance. i find that policy to be odd. i don't recall reading that i would be given a name when i joined, by someone else. i find it insulting. yeah, if i don't like that policy i don't have to be here. but i don't like for anyone to affect me without my consent or permission.
[/quote]
You weren't given a name. Your name is still there. Secondly, it isn't a policy. It is a generic title for everyone who joins the forum. Like I said, as you become more active with more posts, it will change. Unfortunately you will not be able to pick your own title unless you become a premium member. So if you want to be a part of the forums I guess it's just something you will have to deal with.

Why would something so small bother you buddy I never even bothered to change mine. Believe me there are much more things to lean from this forum that by time u start learning and sharing as well your post count name will change so fast u won't even notice it any more

But welcome all the same