Hookah Noob Looking To Learn

DrSmokes

My buddy got me into Hookah earlier this year. As a graduation present/moving away present, he bought one for me. Been reading on various forums and online about improving the hookah experience, especially with this one...it seems I have a bunch of air leaks sadly (after trying to find solutions to thin smoke). I'll be looking to fix them in the coming weeks when I find my soldering iron in one of these damn moving boxes -_-

But in the mean time, I'm looking to do quite a bit of reading up as well as waiting on my new order of shisha and coals to get in!

welcome to the forums we may beable to help with those air leeks show us somepic of the hookah.
common air leaks

steam to base grmet not right , take of grommet and use some electrical take to help get a tight fit
purge valve ball berring is stuck just tap it or unscrew it
hose might have a leak
hose is not plugged in tightly enough

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1315426624' post='522926']
welcome to the forums we may beable to help with those air leeks show us somepic of the hookah.
common air leaks

steam to base grmet not right , take of grommet and use some electrical take to help get a tight fit
purge valve ball berring is stuck just tap it or unscrew it
hose might have a leak
hose is not plugged in tightly enough
[/quote]
I've found the leaks...poor welding job. 1 of the spouts (not sure if correct technical term - place where you put the hose) has 3 or so leaks. Waiting to get some tools to fix them. I believe there is still one more big leak but I have to wait until I get some tools to fix the current known leaks before I go looking for the other possible leak.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1315427020' post='522928']
Welcome, what new shisha and coals will you be getting in?
[/quote]
I'm getting a few things of SB:
Melon Blue (already tried it and loved it!!)
White peach (saw people recommending...and my wife LOVES peach anything)
Guava (another one I saw people recommending)

As for the coals, I went with the 40mm Golden Coals. Saw they were getting decent reviews, figured I'd try some and see what I thought about them.

Also picked up a new Vortex bowl bc it was ~5 bucks so I said "why not?" lol