Show Off And Discuss Your Pets!

Chreees

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1299860777' post='501060']
This is Buddy. He is a pug: [attachment=5378:buddy1.GIF]
[/quote]

You named him "Buddy" ?? :o Man! You totally totally broke my heart because I'm getting a labrador soon and I've had this idea of naming him that for the longest time!!

Meh, gonna go with "Dude" now! :D OR Skywalker! Edited by vendetta_revived

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1300054862' post='501341']
[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1299860777' post='501060']
This is Buddy. He is a pug: [attachment=5378:buddy1.GIF]
[/quote]

You named him "Buddy" ?? :o Man! You totally totally broke my heart because I'm getting a labrador soon and I've had this idea of naming him that for the longest time!!

Meh, gonna go with "Dude" now! :D OR Skywalker!
[/quote]

We didn't name him :) We got him from an old couple. His pedigree name is Marcos Alexandros... I don't know why they started calling him Buddy. Probably just came naturally :)

• 5 months later...
Well last night me and Satou were in tc and got on the topic of various pets we'd had/have over our lives. So heres the deal, post your best pet stories, good, sad, or just plaing funny lets hear em!

For instance i once had a full blood pincher that would climb over an 8' tall wooden privacy fence just to be closer to me and my sister. She was a very protective dog and hated it when we werent around her lol.

My Cocker and Lab found a mouse nest under the shed I took down when we moved into our house. They played toss and catch in the air with the dead mice. I put poison out there the week before.

Two of got thrown over the fence before I could get them all. Very interesting conversation with the neighbor after that one. "Hey my dogs threw a couple of dead mice in your back yard..."

When I was young my family was given a giant desert tortoise as a present who's favorite food seemed to be the fingers of young children. One day he escaped through a hole in the fence. I wish I could say he was never seen again as it would make a more interesting story, but unfortunately we found him a few hours later eating the plants in our neighbors back yard (or something along those lines as my memory is hazy)

I had cats, parakeets and a dog when I was growing up at home. :/ But other family members had some silly pets as well.

My first cat a orange tabby named Buster used to hide in my stuffed animals when I was a wee little tot, pretending to me something cute and snuggly would suddenly jump out and knock me over and run back in to the stuffed animal pile. He would do this constantly, as well as stalk and attack me when I was minding my own business. Another thing about him was he had constant allergies, thus a booger-y nose, and used to sneeze and launch loogies any where - well my mom gave him children's benedryl on the suggestion of our vet to see if that would clear up his allergies. Oh god, he was not happy about that at all, he started to foam at the mouth like a wild animal and ran around rubbing his head on the floor like his mouth was on fire.

My dog, Popeye who was a boxer used to get out of our yard when I lived in texas, and when my mom used to take me to school in our old pick up truck she would leave the back hatch down and drive down the street. She'd come running out of no where and launch her self in to the back of our truck with vast amounts of drool every where. In the same pick up truck my dad thought it would be a funny thing to have her run against the truck going 40 mph and she kept up.

My grandparent had a dalmatian named Velvet and on my birthday my dad got really drunk, the next day he was sleeping until the late afternoon and she crawled in bed with him. He thought it was my mom once she started licking his face and kissed back. xD he screamed once he opened his eyes when he saw Velvet in bed with him.

I used to have a ball python named Maximus. He was a great snake, loved having him around, until he escaped one night, and was found by my mother in her panty drawer...

To make a long story short.... :( God rest his soul. Lol. I miss Maximus, but he went down in the name of animal comedy. My life will never be the same.

My family has had many dogs before. Three greyhounds, two Chinooks, a Golden Retriever, two Jack Russells, a Bloodhound, and a few others.

My greyhound, Rise, could open doors. Another one, Stan, could jump on top of the counters and then jump up to the top of the fridge... He was the tallest/heaviest one, too. Then Conner... Well, Conner could eat an entire bin of dog food and we'd have to take him to the animal hospital 45 minutes away in Memphis to get his stomach pumped. Each one had their own personality. Three great dogs. I miss them all.

Baxter, one of our Chinooks, could seem to "speak." He was infamous for saying momma.

After all of those dogs, I now live in an apartment and have one cat, a chartreux, named Bella. Funny story with her is Brooke and I were chilling in the apt and we kept hearing a cat meowing. For like 30 minutes straight. She kept telling me to go check it out. Finally I opened the door and she just waltzes in like she owns the place. Checked her out, no collar but also no fleas, cut nails, and nicely groomed. I then decided to try and find her owner, thinking she probably belonged to someone in the apts. After knocking on doors of people I knew who had cats cause I'd seen them have cats in their windows, it only resulted in people telling me no they didn't own a grey cat, but that they'd like to come see her anyway. Getting tired of that, I decided set her back outside. She wouldn't go away. I let her back inside, but left the door open. For two hours, she had the option to leave but didn't. Brooke and I talked about it, and decided to keep her. Went to Wal-Mart, got a litter box and some food. For the whole first two years she would run away when you opened the door. Now though she tries her hardest to get outside whenever its opened. I don't understand...

Anyway, another funny story is my dad brought home this huge snapping turtle from the golf course. We had a pond in the backyard with ducks. He put it in there and we never saw it again. We assumed it finally left, because the ducks finally got back in the water after a couple days (they were scared of the turtle). Anyway, fast forward two years. I was cutting the grass in the "dog pen" and area we had fenced off in the backyard behind the garage so that the outside dogs (the two Chinooks, Golden Retriever, and Bloodhound we had at the time) could be put in there when meter reader guy came around. So I'm just cutting the grass and I come up close to this kinda low-lying puddle area that usually had a bit of water in it. I came up on it and BOOM! This mufuckin' turtle jumps up at the mower in attack mode. Scared the shit out of me. I backed off and went inside to recruit my brothers. We got a big bucket and managed to catch him. After all of our friends had seen him, we took him back to the golf course and released him back into the lake. So apparently the turtle left the pond and hid in the bushes behind the garage sometime between the time we put him in the pond and when we built the fence, and we he survived off of that puddle. Amazing.

This is all that comes to mind for now...

Oh! Also, my greyhound, Rise, once saw a squirrel in the backyard and took off after it... Well, he chased it into the bushes in the very back of the yard and slammed straight into the fence. Had to get staples.

this isnt my pet but here goes,

my girlfriend's sister was posing for a picture and their neighbors dog ran up and peed on her.

Chris, your Bella story sounds like how BF acquired Klea. She just showed up in his yard one September day 10 years ago (he had an apt. in a revolutionary war era building). His downstairs neighbor (who also had cats, BF has a tuxeudo cat) left some food out for her. She would walk BF to the gate in the morning with a "I'll be here when you get home" and greet him at the gate in the evening. She wore him down and I took her to the vet to make sure she was healthy. Not even fleas. Klondike, the tuxeudo cat, was NOT happy and hid under the sofa. When BF got home (I hung out to make sure they didn't kill each other) I told him to stay away from the gold sofa and why. He went to lift up the skirt and was greeted with screams and claws. They did call a truce after 2 months. They're not best buds, klea does like to pick on him.

Klea's thing is being zen kitty. Friend: "what's that sound?" BF: "Klea purring." Friend: "why?" BF: "she just is.". Friend: "that's weird."

my avatar is my girl, Salome. I have a fondness for the 'meezer. When BF moved in, Salome wasn't happy - she doesn't like other cats. So we pretty much have to keep them separated. It doesn't help that Sal is under 6lbs and the other two are around 14lbs.

• 10 months later...
So I was looking at a thread and Stuie and Bruce got me thinking...Why dont we have a thread to talk about of loving, caring, and AWESOME pets.

So I will start by posting a picture of my dog isabell, thats how we spell her name so get over it!!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Blitzbolt/100_1137.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Blitzbolt/IMG_0044.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Blitzbolt/100_1169.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/Blitzbolt/IMG_0503.jpg[/IMG]

My big baby Titan.
[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/brucegagneaux/Untitled-3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/brucegagneaux/89138443-1.jpg[/IMG]
Him when he was still a puppy. (Yes, he was very much a puppy in this pic.)
[IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/brucegagneaux/022f7769.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah i love my dog shes AWESOME!! and jess ur other dog looks so wise. like if you look at him/her long enough they will tell you a old story and you ponder on the fact that you heard a dog tell you a story lol.

• 5 months later...
My baby girl, Haven. She is a German Shepard/Lab mix. Me and my girlfriend adopted her in late March. Bringing her home was seriously one of the saddest things I have been through (I know that sounds lame, but I'm a sucker for dogs). Just a short summary of her story, she was beaten and starved, and when the family decided they didn't want her anymore they threw her out of their moving car. She had bad road rush all over her chest, belly, under her chin, and legs. She was 2-2.5 years of age when we got her and she has made SO MUCH progress. It's awesome and I'm so proud of her.

[attachment=6155:ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358819759.104261.jpg][attachment=6156:ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358819776.641279.jpg][attachment=6157:ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358819802.000636.jpg]

Well today we rescued our second. His name is Seymore. He is a 2.5-3 year old Italian Greyhound. We don't know his complete story but they found him wandering the streets, skinner then he is suppose to be (their breeds are skinny as HELL already). We've met him a couple times and we just kind of fell in love. He is defiantly a cutie and already seems to be doing good, especially with our other pup, even after just a couple hours.

[attachment=6158:ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358820079.986578.jpg]
[attachment=6159:ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358820108.764954.jpg]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML_yKt_SzvI[/media]

Seriously though... awesome looking dog, Jon!

And that's awesome you adopted, Chris. I'm a huge fan of that and think people oughta do it more often.

Whoever threw Haven out of a car has a special place reserved in hell for them... I have a friend who just adopted a cat that was put through the same situation. :( Some people are just pure evil...

Joytron, thats an awesome photograph!

A bunch of really cool looking pets here. I love animals/this thread.

Here are my crazy 'beasts': Jasmine and Zoe, both the same age. Breed: Vizsla

DSC_0126-1-1_zps24f9b912.jpg