The Hubbly Bubbly.

Satou

[i]Some where in San Marcos, CA in the barrio.[/i]

I am not sure but I am pretty sure that this particular Hookah bar went out of business and if it did I am glad.

It in all honesty this establishment wasn't that great at all, from the personal experience I had trying to smoke hookah at a lounge that was closer. The location was difficult to get to if not out of the way, map quest wasn't too helpful either - ended up getting lost once before finding it. It was raining that day so granted it was empty but the interior reminded me heavily of a grungy college kid - military single man hang out rather than a relaxing space to smoke. A place to get drunk and have munchies , it really had no atmosphere what so ever - lack of comfortable seating and it was cold inside. The hookah it self was cheap supposedly 15 dollars with a 5 dollar refill but my party and I didn't get to smoke WHY? they lost power a few minutes before I got there and didn't want to let my party and I purchase a hookah when the cash register was down - even though I had the exact cash and change for it. The staff who was there told us to wait around for the power to come back on, so we played pool and listened to their expensive jukebox. After an hour of standing around it still wasn't up and the manager and her staff members were still telling us to wait, and were pretty rude about it. (sure it could have been the pressure of there are customers here wanting a product. but there is no reason to get snappy at us for inquiring when we could smoke or even purchase a bag of chips :/. )

[b]Pros[/b][list]
[*]Cheap hookah - in S. California, hookah usually goes for 19 to 21 dollars a pop with an expensive refill, this place the hookah was 15 dollars.
[/list]

[b]Cons[/b][list]
[*]Lack of atmosphere -it reminded me more of a hooters want to be rather than a serious hookah bar,
[*]Temperature - it was absolutely freezing on the side, no one wants to step in to a cold establishment after walking through the rain in the parking lot.
[*]The staff competency - they were rude, snippy and unhelpful. They didn't know how to get their own power back/work a cash register on nor where they willing to take money when it was down when they could have wrote it down.
[*]Location - it was difficult to find and drive to, it was literally like taking a road trip just to find it.
[/list]

[quote name='Satou' timestamp='1314674972' post='521857']
It was raining that day so granted it was empty but the interior reminded me heavily of a grungy college kid - [b]military single man [/b]hang out rather than a relaxing space to smoke.[/quote]

Hmmm, well...being a "military single man", does that mean the place is immaculate? with bookcases full of novels(sorted by author) and collectibles? Hookahs sorted by height and vase shapes? Fully stocked/equipped kitchen? Smells of leather, chocolate and sandalwood? I mean...that's what's in my place.

Doesn't sound to shabby to me.

And yes, Hubbly Bubbly closed a while ago. Edited by Arcane