Tough Times

so I'm willing to bet i'm not the only person that has ibce taken a look at themselves and is a little disappointed because they expect so much better out of themselves. We have probably all had the "What the fuck and i doing with my life?" thought run through our head....

this is about what is it that you do that makes you feel better or get over that slump?

I usually listen to really loud music, go exercise or find a way to smile, because for me one smile leads to another and fortunately its hella contagious and i'm ok within a little while

OH YEAH and nothing like loadin up a bowl of some rockin Shisha and just smokin it up for a while!

Whats your Cure?

For a little rock in the road, I'm like Chreees. My cat is terrific. I had a really bad, bad evening last Thursday, and I woke up in the middle of the night to discover him curled up against my side. He curls up with me and watches movies with me, which also kind of gets my mind off any problems I'm having.

But when it comes to the "what am I doing with my life" moments...... Those require getting my butt in gear and actually redesigning my life to build the one I want. Once I'm clear on what I want and the life I want to have, then I can start working on the steps to getting there. I've been reading this book by Ryan Blair - "Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain: How I Went from Gang Member to Multimillionaire Entrepreneur". He has a lot to say about getting from where you are now to where you want to be. Without a lot of nonsense and demands you buy his motivational books or CD's. He's not a Tony Robbins. Just somebody telling you what you can do if you choose to. That makes me realize that nobody has to stay where they are right now.

Old Buddhist proverb says that it doesn't matter when you "get it" or how much time you wasted before you get it. The point is to get it and go forward from there. That gives me my motivation.

'Rani

Bumps in the road. They happen more than often in my life. Usually what I do is talk to you guys on HF. One thing I love is that we are a giant family, that never hesitates to help one another. Everytime I need someone to talk to, someone from HF is there. I love you guys. I will always call HF my home. :)

-Mike

I tend to talk it out with my significant other, mom or generally just attack my cat with attention. I also try to do activities that are pleasurable for me and make me feel better.

Coffee, cigarettes, and backgammon. There's nothing like putting the day on hold and playing a few games with a close friend while conversing. I sometimes play chess or dominoes instead, and I recently acquired a Go board and stones that fit neatly in the case I keep my backgammon/chess board/pieces in. I have miniature dominoes that fit in there too so now all I need are 2 decks of cards with similar backs.

loud music + drums, loud music + gym, or I task. Tasking is something that really helps me a lot, get immersed in something mentally, could be anything from a book or videogame or menial tasks, but when I get going on a project i forget everything.

Im starting tothink bumps in the road are just a way of life after the bump road is smooth, but bumps in the road are a natural thing sometimes you can go mile and then there is a bump are there isn't .

I try not to see them as bumps in the road,but rather as gifts and opportunities. usually bumps in the road carry a gift with them if we look at them correctly. back in April, I had a bad reaction to a med I was given for my PTSD and had to spend 6 days in the hospital,but in the end I got my VA disability. Some bump in the road

Sometimes I look at my life and go "Wtf I'm 24 and have only accomplished a Master's degree, wtf am I doing with myself?" other times I'll say "Dude, im only 24 and I have a MA degree, I think I'm doing okay." I think for me once I find that career-type job that I can settle into I'll be perfectly fine but until then I have good days and I have bad days. The bad days range from wanting to lock myself in my room alone with my hookah and computer, to calling my mom, to just chilling with some good friends. I have a few in particular that have this magic power to make me forget about all the bad shit going on, they make me forget about my insecurities with my weight and looks, and I am just generally happy when I am around them. Dave actually got to meet some of them yesterday. I try to never lose focus on how blessed I am that I have such supportive friends and family.

When I think about my life I usually wonder just how i all managed to come together-it just does
Or you end up living in a refrigerator box next to a burning barrel, eating government cheese.

Things that would have been a big bump in the road, or caused me up-all-night-type-worry 20 years ago don't even merit a "screw it" these days. Must be age, or maybe just not giving a damn what anyone thinks-or both. Whatever it is, sure makes life easier when you finally figure out that no matter what it is, as long as it isn't bleeding, or burning, it's not as big of problem as we tend to make of it.