Greetings

atalanta

Since the signup email said I had to post within 24 hours of signing up, I'm posting LOL

Looking for my first hookah and reading all your posts so I can make and educated first purchase (rather than just running to a local smoke shop and buying something I'll regret later). Thank you in advance.

This is a pretty interesting forum. I'm having fun reading all the DIY posts (and I do mean all lol) and I've learned more about hookah shisha too.

I took a run today (my NYC stores review) and got to see MYA and Sahara Smoke models in person. I like the QT much better now, they just didn't have a color I liked. I also saw some that were so outrageous - shape of a tree! I'll have to see about taking pics next time I'm there.

I am also a total noob- never smoked, the closest is taking a drag off my BFs cig when he'd ask me to hold it for him. I was supposed to go to a local restaurant/hookah bar where a friend worked but the whole wait staff (and several dancers) quit so that nixed that. I think another one is now a sports bar. Hence my heavy duty research.

And you're right, I might hate it. Which is why I want one that calls to me. I've wanted one for YEARS because I always thought they were so cool. The massive ones they'd have decorating restaurants, serious lust. I thought about borrowing a friend's (he bought one of those from a restaurant) but from reading here, it probably doesn't smoke well.

I still have lots of questions, and a lot of face time with the search function - like now I know you can't smoke pipe tobacco straight out of the bag.

Thank you for the welcomes and I'll be seeing you on the forum (and TC occasionally).