Cocomazayas

Chreees

Cocomazayas

Tried these coals for the first time tonight with Tangiers Welsh Cream. They are the cube shape and are made by Coconara. I was expecting them to be like the old Coconara Cubes, but these were EVEN better. Fine ash that fell right off, low heat perfect for Tangiers, and lasted well over an hour. Took about 10 minutes to light on my electric coil stove. Very easy to handle, don't break up into bits easily nor do they spark or anything. Very solid coal. These are so good in fact that I have decided to replace my beloved Golden Canaries with them. Yes, I just said that. Hands down and awesome coal and since they are good heat for Tangiers (I used two on my Tangiers Mini Phunnel), they have more in the box, last much longer, and are a lower price, I won't be buying Golden Canaries anymore. Compared to other coconut coals, these are definitely the best I've ever had.

I will continue buying these coals from now on.

10/10

I suppose I should write a review since I've been using these for a while now.

I've used CCM with HH, AF, SS, Fantasia, on a variety of bowls and it has worked out GREAT thus far for any brand I've smoked. I light them with a gas stove, takes roughly 7-8 minutes. very very little ash, and these are extremely easy to knock the ash off. Having went thorugh almost 2 boxes I've only ran into a problem with 2 coals breaking apart when they are halfway through. But that's not too bad. I honestly have nothing bad to report about these, I've used a handful of other coconut coals, and these are by far my favorite of the naturals so far.

10/10

[color=#ff0000][size=5][b]Coco Mazaya (Cubes) [/b][/size][/color]

[b]Average Coal Size:[/b] 2.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.0cm
[b]Average Coal Weight:[/b] 8g
[b]Smoking Temperature Peak:[/b] 623˚F

[b]Packaging:[/b] Thin Cardboard Box, wrapped in thick plastic taped shut
[b]Size Consistency:[/b] Near Perfect.
[b]Cutting Ease: [/b]A little force is needed not a great deal but more than the others.
[b]Cutting Strength:[/b] Very Little ash and almost a perfect cut 3 out of 4.

[b]Lighting Time:[/b] Flipped when lighting at 6:41 minutes; done at 9:59 minutes.
[b]Smell During Lighting:[/b] None.
[b]Smell During Smoking:[/b] None.

[b]Taste:[/b] None.
[b]Ash: [/b]Concrete Grey. Ash stays in place perfectly
[b]Longevity:[/b] 77 minutes before the coals became too small to smoke well
[b]Heat Management: [/b]Flipped at 36 minutes, Windcover at 56 minutes

[b]Purchased From: [/b]eBay.com

[b]Overall:[/b] 10/10 The formula is a little different from Coconara Cubes. The ash is a little darker and it stays in place. You cannot touch these for an hour and the ash stays in a cube. I like these coals a lot, but very few retailers stock them. I still like CCN Cubes a little better.

• 1 year later...

been using these for a while now, used to use coco nara cubes and decided to try these out. i got the 3 pack from hs and glad i did, like stewie said before the ash stays in place. no smell and easily lit on electric stove or my new gas stove. best part about them is 3 on my small phunnel will last about an hour or so, and at about 50-55 minutes or so ill go throw 3 more on the stove, and keep the bowl going for hours. recently these have allowed my bowls to last around 2-3 hours. each time it comes to change the coals i grab em with the tongs and the ash goes with em!! very little ash in the shisha at all. LOVE these and will definitely keep well stocked!