Tangier's Official Thread.

mushrat

[center][size=5][b][color=black]Saturday January 28th 2012[/color]
[color=#0000cd]Ice and Fire Hookah Lounge 7pm[/color]
[color=black][size=4]331 Oak St, Uniondale, NY 11553[/size][/color][/b][/size][/center]

[color=black][font=tahoma][size=3]Here are the updated details for the Tangiers meetup in NYC :) My colleague and I will be hosting this meetup at Ice and Fire Hookah Lounge to share our love for Tangiers and our appreciation to our friends who have brought us together.

There will be plenty of Tangiers to smoke (of course) and we can bring whatever food and alcohol that we would like. If you are are going to bring something please let us know what it is and how much you will be bringing (this goes for both food and alcohol/beverages). We are still waiting to hear about about bringing our own hookahs and the possibility of having a swap meet.

If we have a large enough turn out we will offer a door prize so feel free to bring your friends! [/size][/font][/color]
[center]
[b]Please let us know if you are coming by contacting me via PM. Please INCLUDE THE NUMBER OF GUESTS you are bringing.[/b][/center]
[center]
[b][color=red][size=3]And now the rules:[/size][/color][/b][/center]

[color=black][font=tahoma][size=3]- Please understand that we have to remain respectful so please don't get shit-faced and crude until we leave the lounge. If you start acting like a jerk my colleague will have to remove you.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=tahoma][size=3]- This is not a pants optional event: Shirt, pants, shoes are required. Kilts are ok. Panda Club will be wearing black and white.
- Everyone attending should have enough cash with them to cover the sitting fees for the lounge. Pricing details pending. [/size][/font][/color]

[center]Tangiers T-shirts! Limited Supply- $20, free shipping in the Continental USA.[/center]
[center]PM me[/center]

[center][img]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/PrincessCoyote/tangiersshirt-1.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1326229068' post='535158']
[center]Tangiers T-shirts! Limited Supply- $20, free shipping in the Continental USA.[/center]
[center]PM me[/center]

[center][img]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/PrincessCoyote/tangiersshirt-1.jpg[/img][/center]
[/quote]

aww.. now i feel way less special for having one :( sad times..

but still, I love my tang shirt

Additional details for the NYC meetup:

[b][color=black]Mention the Forum and get $2 off your hookah
Members can bring their hookah stuff to trade with other members hookah stuff (swap meet ok). No money is allow to be traded for goods.
Please do not bring your own hookahs- If you have a problem with the Myas provided at the lounge please contact me: tangierscoyote@gmail.com[/color][/b]

PM me if you are coming please!

there is a lounge here in boca, where my parents live, that might be interested in lucid tangiers to stock for use. i'm friends with the owner's son and this is also the only lounge i ever go to, as they are actually quite good. what's the next step for them if they get really interested?

• 1 month later...
[quote name='wogsncash' timestamp='1330578536' post='541059']
Do you have any suppliers in Australia?
[/quote]

I don't believe we do at the moment do to the extremely high import tax on tobacco.

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1330580231' post='541068']
[quote name='wogsncash' timestamp='1330578536' post='541059']
Do you have any suppliers in Australia?
[/quote]

I don't believe we do at the moment do to the extremely high import tax on tobacco.
[/quote]

Grrrrr stoopid nanny state we have down here :angry: $400/kg tax. Thank God we have great weather, beaches, food, stable banks, high employment, a strong currency and the abilty to import stuff a lot cheaper than we can buy it here.

We are doing a recipe book! This should be a fun project :) We are gathering all the mixes that you guys have created into a single book. You can post and/or PM me your recipes.

[color=#333333][font=tahoma][size=3]Included in your post should be:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma][size=3]- Title[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma][size=3]- Flavors and Proportions- Tangiers only please :)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma][size=3]- Preparation- Are you mixing the flavors all together or compartmentalizing them in the bowl. What bowl are you using? Are you putting anything in the base? etc[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma][size=3]- Other notes- Is this good with a certain food or beverage? certain time of day or season?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=tahoma][size=3]You can submit artwork, poems, pics too... not just "recipes" :) [/size][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
So quick question... I should have asked Eric when I was down last night, but what flavors are going to be effected most by weather (Humidity) We just got fresh rain last night, and i plan to have a little session in the wee hours of the morning...

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1332100537' post='542801']
check out this site...very very helpful. Choose the flavor and it will break down how it does and flavor notes and also humidity troubles.

[url="http://tangiers.docbase.net/"]http://tangiers.docbase.net/[/url]
[/quote]

[quote name='mavsfan31' timestamp='1332137518' post='542838']
Do what he suggested. The flavors with higher humidity resistance will cause you less problems.
[/quote]

This and this. Excellent info. As a general rule of thumb I've found, Kashmirs, Florals, and Mints are the easiest to acclimate, with Fruits being a bit harder sometimes. Be sure to try the "instant acclimation" method though before you open any packages of Noir, just in case. I've yet to try it, but people have been saying it works rather well.

So what can you tell us about the new line coming out in a few days?

I see it needs a lot less heat, what's up with that? What about acclimation . storage tips?

any knowledge I would love to hear.

[quote name='r1v3th3ad' timestamp='1332474130' post='543115']
So what can you tell us about the new line coming out in a few days?

I see it needs a lot less heat, what's up with that? What about acclimation . storage tips?

any knowledge I would love to hear.
[/quote]

Its not that much different for your heat management as people seem to be making out to be... Its a little less heat but nothing Stonehenge style with your coconut flats can't solve.

Storage and acclimation will be the same.

I thought Eric said it would take two-thirds or three-fourths less heat? That seems like a significant difference to me. He also said the new line should require little to no acclimation, if I recall correctly. Something along those lines I think... I guess we'll all just have to find out for ourselves when we try it. :)

Tapatalk'd via iPhone