Tangier's Official Thread.

mushrat

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1315637788' post='523301']
[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1315635637' post='523298']
chris mentioned something about mini phunnels hitting the market again.. is this true? is it going to be another bulk thing like indianvillager did back in the day?
[/quote]

No no, Eric has said he *may* actually release the Mini phunnel for retail. Meaning vendors would get them and they'd sell for only ~$15. The only problem is he said he'd knock out the Large Phunnel retail-wise, only keeping it for his lounge use and probably selling them at the lounge as well. So basically the Mini and Large would reverse roles. I don't see many people getting upset about no longer being able to buy a Large from a vendor, though. :P

It's also worth noting that Eric said he has improved upon the Mini Phunnel's design, making it, in his opinion, smoke better than previous ones.
[/quote]
Damn chris how do you know all this....sexual favors maybe...?

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1315724145' post='523410']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1315708629' post='523386']
Mehbeh...

[b]Haha, nah, I just keep track of current events...[/b]
[/quote]

damn i just got burned. guess im just out of the loop to much. nicely done chris
[/quote]

Haha, burning you wasn't my intent. Just saying- Anyone can find the info. Just have to know where to look. ;)

[quote name='Hellz' timestamp='1315758749' post='523431']
I hope mini phunnels go retail. Eric knows there is a market for them.. Would be a smart move IMO
[/quote]
Yeah I'm not sure why he stopped producing them in the first place. I'm sure there was a reason.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1315764382' post='523438']
I hope mini phunnels go retail. Eric knows there is a market for them.. Would be a smart move IMO
[/quote]
Yeah I'm not sure why he stopped producing them in the first place. I'm sure there was a reason.
[/quote]

He never produced them for retail sale. Only the few group buys he's done over the past few years. He doesn't make them regularly for retail because he feels it doesn't smoke well enough (I however think it smokes great, Wade agrees with me). Hopefully his new design will make them smoke well enough for him to be satisfied. I will admit the Small smokes better, but it's such a miniscule difference. I'd rather use the Mini and save on tobacco AND coals.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1315768199' post='523452']
[/quote]
[/quote]

He never produced them for retail sale. Only the few group buys he's done over the past few years. He doesn't make them regularly for retail because he feels it doesn't smoke well enough (I however think it smokes great, Wade agrees with me). Hopefully his new design will make them smoke well enough for him to be satisfied. I will admit the Small smokes better, but it's such a miniscule difference. I'd rather use the Mini and save on tobacco AND coals.
[/quote]

I think the major difference is just ease of use, as heat management is more flexible on the small, but it is certainly worth the savings.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1315768199' post='523452']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ive kinda changed my tune recently. Yes they smoke decent enough, But I like my new small better then my mini's. Will I be selling my minis....HELL NO. But will I use them all the time probably not. As of right now the only way to get mini's is to get one from a group buy or shell out the 50$+ for one.

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1315663756' post='523316']
Bacon flavored tangiers nuff said
[/quote]

And you would drink this to go with it: [url="http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1275/43888"]http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1275/43888[/url]

[quote name='atalanta' timestamp='1315849829' post='523542']
[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1315663756' post='523316']
Bacon flavored tangiers nuff said
[/quote]

And you would drink this to go with it: [url="http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1275/43888"]http://beeradvocate....file/1275/43888[/url]
[/quote]

haha bacon beer, maybe a bacon tobacco isn't so far off

• 2 weeks later...
So i just started smoking Tang again, and I think I need some help.....

About halfway through a 250 of lucid orange soda and i've only have one reasonably successful bowl. Always ends up super harsh with very little smoke. I pack the proper method, but using a vortex instead (i just prefer my vortex...plus my last phunnel just broke).

However, first bowl in with some Indian summer, and all seems to be good, except the smoke quality. I've got plenty of quantity, but it's still pretty a bit wispy and smoke like not cloud like. I'm using 3 ccn's packed to the top of a vortex, lightly touching the foil or just under the foil. what gives?

[quote name='warfarin549' timestamp='1316811274' post='524935']

About halfway through a 250 of lucid orange soda and i've only have one reasonably successful bowl. Always ends up super harsh with very little smoke. I pack the proper method, but using a vortex instead (i just prefer my vortex...plus my last phunnel just broke).

However, first bowl in with some Indian summer, and all seems to be good, except the smoke quality. I've got plenty of quantity, but it's still pretty a bit wispy and smoke like not cloud like. I'm using 3 ccn's packed to the top of a vortex, lightly touching the foil or just under the foil. what gives?
[/quote]

I strongly advise getting a Tangiers phunnel bowl. But if you insist on using the Vortex, there's only one man I know on here who can help you out- Allstar. He once did a video on how to pack Tangiers in a Vortex. I'll direct him to this thread. Still though, I think you'd end up having a much better experience with a legit phunnel bowl.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1316813839' post='524946']
[quote name='warfarin549' timestamp='1316811274' post='524935']

[/quote]

I strongly advise getting a Tangiers phunnel bowl. But if you insist on using the Vortex, there's only one man I know on here who can help you out- Allstar. He once did a video on how to pack Tangiers in a Vortex. I'll direct him to this thread. Still though, I think you'd end up having a much better experience with a legit phunnel bowl.
[/quote]

Agreed but it also sounds like you are underpacking the bowl.

OK so the vortex master is here and I will hook you up. Ok this is what you do.
1. Pack that bowl tight up to the holes,
2. then light and fluffy at an angle from the holes to the outside edge of the bowl.
3. Double check the holes make sure they aren't blocked.
4. Use 3 CCN coals
5. Hole pattern will be about 3 circles, make sure to poke all the way through to the bottom of the bowl.

It will take a little bit to start about 3-5 minutes. You will be going strong.

[quote name='Allstar' timestamp='1316874672' post='524994']
OK so the vortex master is here and I will hook you up. Ok this is what you do.
1. Pack that bowl tight up to the holes,
2. then light and fluffy at an angle from the holes to the outside edge of the bowl.
3. Double check the holes make sure they aren't blocked.
4. Use 3 CCN coals
5. Hole pattern will be about 3 circles, make sure to poke all the way through to the bottom of the bowl.
6. Throw bowl away and get a phunnel and be 10 times happier.

It will take a little bit to start about 3-5 months. You will be going strong.
[/quote]

Fixed :)

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1315316414' post='522721']
[
Grape, lemon, and rose. Or more simply... orgasmic.
[/quote]

So im going to be ordering my first round of tangiers and want to know what are some of your favorite flavors??

[quote name='bkavenger' timestamp='1317088496' post='525279']
[
[/quote]

So im going to be ordering my first round of tangiers and want to know what are some of your favorite flavors??
[/quote]

Indian Summer, Static Starlight, Double Orange, Cane Mint, Horchata, Cocoa, Jackfruit, Welsh Cream, K-Cherry, Peach Iced Tea... to name a few.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1317104418' post='525304']
[
[/quote]

[/quote]

Indian Summer, Static Starlight, Double Orange, Cane Mint, Horchata, Cocoa, Jackfruit, Welsh Cream, K-Cherry, Peach Iced Tea... to name a few.
[/quote]

Blackberry fell off the charts?

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1317123362' post='525310']
[
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whoops. That's another one. Haha. It's hard to keep track...

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1317137922' post='525332']
[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1317123362' post='525310']
[
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whoops. That's another one. Haha. It's hard to keep track...
[/quote]

Oh good..I thought may be it's not as good as the ones you mentioned. I pointed out because the winters are coming and I am gonna order some tang again! May work better then.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1317144276' post='525356']
Really all of the Tangiers flavors are good. Those listed above are just the ones that I like the best personally. Everyone's different and will end up having different favorite flavors.
[/quote]

Definitely agree. However, I'll list a few of my favs.

Kashmir anything....simply put, kashmir is awesome....(best though is K Guava)
Orange Soda (awesome, I really do wonder what he uses to get that carbonation like feel to it)
Sevilla Orange (definitely great....)
Welsh Cream (I find it really good with coffee in the base....awesome!)
Mimon
New Lime/New Lemon Lime
Horchata
Pomegranate....best pomegranate I've ever had...tastes like the real thing.