31 Soldiers Shot Down And Killed

This really blows its a tragedy indeed, but im not really sure what to think of it after that i mean, alot of people think that the osama assasination thing was all bollocks and planned and hes been dead for a long ass time ne how

so.....a couple months later a large group of the same group that did the osama raid....all in one plane....wtf?

again my thoughts and prayers to their families

but does anybody else think this is kinda like....fishy?

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44043847/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/?gt1=43001"]http://www.msnbc.msn...asia/?gt1=43001[/url] Edited by SaintPendulous

Allot of incidents are being under/unreported. Our media doesn't want to tell us that both assganistan and Iraq are starting to unravel at an alarming rate.

I had the same thoughts on this one. It's not unheard of, or unbelievable to have combat deaths called training casualties, or "accidents". It looks like this is the same unit that greased osama. Having them KIA as a result of any form of enemy action will turn the osama hit, from a feather for nobama to yet another tactical failure for nobama. My bet, enemy action, and I would bet we will never know the truth.

On the other hand, the shithook is nothing more than a flying trailer house. They fall out of the sky at an alarming rate-another one becoming a dirt-submarine would not amaze me.

its just the fact that like i think it was 20 out of the 30 people on the thing were 20 seals on the osama mission....if you have that many people that are that high profile of targets.....y put them in ONE giant airborne bus?

[quote name='SaintPendulous' timestamp='1312688540' post='519070']
its just the fact that like i think it was 20 out of the 30 people on the thing were 20 seals on the osama mission....if you have that many people that are that high profile of targets.....y put them in ONE giant airborne bus?
[/quote]

To me that would make me think they were making a fast evacuation of the area. From what i am hearing, this aircraft was not from a unit I would expect to find transporting any special warfare unit. While the load should have been within the capabilities envelope, but at the upper end of it. That is one big slow pig in thin air. I agree with your assessment, no special warfare unit would risk that much on any single aircraft if they had any choice, much less the biggest, noisiest, slowest moving target they can find. Which brings us back to the obvious conclusion, the mission, early reports are that it was a swoop & grab on a taliban commander, went to hell, and they were trying to get out of there any way they could, as fast as they could.

That is definitely the wrong damn aircraft for that mission, provided the reports are correct.

What a mess. we need to GTFO, or fight to win-what we are doing isn't working, and has no conceivable endpoint.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1312693824' post='519080']
And we're over there WHY?
[/quote]

because nobama said it was the right war to be in, remember?

“I want the American people to understand that we have a clear and focused goal: to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat al-Qaida in Pakistan and Afghanistan, and to prevent their return to either country in the future,” Obama said. “If the Afghan government falls to the Taliban – or allows al-Qaida to go unchallenged – that country will again be a base for terrorists who want to kill as many of our people as they possibly can.”

Looks like the terrorists never left,eh?

Or, how about his quote when asked about bushleague's actions:
Operations in Iraq and Afghanistan and the war on terrorism have reduced the pace of military transformation and have revealed our lack of preparation for defensive and stability operations. This Administration has overextended our military.
[url="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/b/barack_obama.html"]Barack Obama[/url]

So, we take that same overextended military, cut it's budget, then get involved in another war-er, I mean "non-war" in Libya. Good plan.

But let's end with another of the messiah's quotes...
I don't oppose all wars. What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. [color="#000000"][i][url="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/b/barackobam375650.html"]- Barack Obama[/url] [/i][/color]

[quote name='Allstar' timestamp='1312732426' post='519109']
Please keep their families in your prayers.
[/quote]

yeah man for sure they deserve to, im just questioning whose dumbass idea it was to put all of those "high profile" targets or soldiers in one machine....

[quote name='SaintPendulous' timestamp='1312653753' post='519021']
This really blows its a tragedy indeed, but im not really sure what to think of it after that i mean, alot of people think that the osama assasination thing was all bollocks and planned and hes been dead for a long ass time ne how

so.....a couple months later a large group of the same group that did the osama raid....all in one plane....wtf?

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44043847/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/?gt1=43001"]http://www.msnbc.msn...asia/?gt1=43001[/url]
[/quote]
not gonna lie gonna sound like a conspiracy nut but it dosent seem right almost like it was a assassination so no one would talk

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1312780967' post='519203']
[quote name='SaintPendulous' timestamp='1312653753' post='519021']

[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44043847/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/?gt1=43001"]http://www.msnbc.msn...asia/?gt1=43001[/url]
[/quote]
not gonna lie gonna sound like a conspiracy nut but it dosent seem right almost like it was a assassination so no one would talk
[/quote]

exactly my point man thats what im thinkin, they knew too much and somebody wanted em outta the picture....god rest their souls

[quote name='SaintPendulous' timestamp='1312688540' post='519070']
[/quote]

Not that I don't have some doubts and concerns, but you didn't read the article. It said 20 from the same Team Six that killed Osama, but also said that none of those actually on the Osama raid were killed. The teams are pretty good sized (squadron sized maybe?) so it's entirely probable that the Team Six members on the helio were a completely different group albeit part of the same overall team. But now comes the question of what they were doing over there in the first place. Seals and other special forces don't exactly hang around in combat zones. They're usually brought in for specific missions and then get the hell out to wait on the next critical mission. So what were they going in for, hmmm?

'Rani

Hasving been in a combat zone for a year, on the same post with Army Special Ops, and Special Forces people I can say yes- they do hang around combat zones - but there were more people on that op than just 20 folks. It was a coalition of the different branchs special forces groups that went on the op that killed osama. Frankly, chinooks suck. But on the same tolken, Look at the operating enviroment, You're in a very arid/desert region. Dust + mechanical aprts arent all that great, throw in the element of human, trying to take down the aircraft, It's just a bad recipe anyway. So all things considered am I suprised? No. I do not believe there is any conspiracy here. Another simple easy thing to understand, with me military especially, People travel together! It's not like whoever was shooting at them *KNEW* that those were the guys in there - The US goes to great lengths so protect these kinds of individuals as millions (Yes really) goes into training atleast 1 of these individuals. They were simply going somewhere in thier chosen aircraft - which probably belonged to 160th spec ops, and I can garuntee they have good pilots as well as properly mantained aircraft. And just drew the short end of the straw somewhere. This boils down to the good ol' saying "Shit happens" Is it pleasant? No. But this is a fact of life, and war.