I am having an issue with my pumpkin hookah and harsh smoke. I know its a cheap pile of crap
Bit it still shouldn't be pulling gnarly smoke in on every pull. I almost threw up it was so rough.
When i go to my local hookah lounge I have no issues. Should I be using 2 layers of foil and putting
Less wholes in it? I'm buying a KM this week so hopefully I don't have this issue anymore, but I still wanna
Use the pumpkin hookah from time to time. I'm using 3 kings quicklites btw. Thanks in advance!

3 quicklites? What bowl and what tobacco are you using? Unless it's nakhla, I'd say 3 is too much! It may be too much for even nakhla imo. Depending on the bowl size, you should be using either 2 pieces of 1 broken in half, 3 halves on the edge, or 2 whole qls at best. It'd help to know what bowl and coals you're using though.

I think he meant 3 kings as in the brand of quicklites. But if you are using three, thats way too much. I'd say one layer of foil is fine, get one quicklite and split it in half and put the halves on opposite sides of the bowl.
Also, which bowl and tobacco are you using?

I think we need to go back to basics here. Give this thread a look-over. It should teach you a bit about heat management and whatnot.

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/40373-beginners-guide-to-hookah/

I'm only using 1 coal haha, sorry I should have said 1 3 kings! I haven't been breaking them in half but I'll
Try that tomorrow when i smoke again. I'm using the tiny bowl that comes stock with the pumpkin hookah.
I'm gonna read over that thread so I learn more about managing the heat better. I am new to the hookah
world so I kind of expected trial and error was gonna play a part in a good session! Thanks for the quick
responses!

[quote name='No Name Available' timestamp='1311809378' post='517444']
I'm only using 1 coal haha, sorry I should have said 1 3 kings! I haven't been breaking them in half but I'll
Try that tomorrow when i smoke again. I'm using the tiny bowl that comes stock with the pumpkin hookah.
I'm gonna read over that thread so I learn more about managing the heat better. I am new to the hookah
world so I kind of expected trial and error was gonna play a part in a good session! Thanks for the quick
responses!
[/quote]
yeah 1 three kings is too much for the little bowls

yea having personal experience with pumpkin hookahs 1 3 kings is too much, you can either split it in half or let it hang off of the bowl a bit, though be careful if you let the coal hang off the bowl a bit, the trays on those hookahs are usually very small and not very useful so if the coals fall nothing really is there to stop it from hitting your table/floor. Also very little water is needed in those hookahs and hitting them hard is near impossible without either burning them or getting water in the hose. Pumpkin hookahs are a bit tricky/temperamental but once you get the hang of em they can smoke rather well.

I first bought a few packs of 3 kings and noticed they were the size of the bowl lol, so i went back to the store and bought the smaller ones. I think I've been filling it half way with water so I'm gonna repack it again tomorrow with my AF watermelon put in less water and break the quicklite coal in half or just use two of my coconaras. I'm most likely ordering my KM by Friday from hookahset.com Has anyone ever used them to purchase a hookah before? Just looking for some feedback to make sure I'm buying it from a good place. Thanks!

Many members on here and other various places have reported that Hookahset is not the best when it comes to shipping. Glass is often broken upon delivery. Just keep that in mind if you do decide to order from them.

Some other sites I would suggest are:

http://www.hookahcompany.com/
http://nazarhookah.com/
http://ultimatehookah.com/
http://hookahjohn.com/
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/

These sites I have very rarely seen any complaints on and will treat you right.

[quote name='No Name Available' timestamp='1311813231' post='517452']
I first bought a few packs of 3 kings and noticed they were the size of the bowl lol, so i went back to the store and bought the smaller ones. I think I've been filling it half way with water so I'm gonna repack it again tomorrow with my AF watermelon put in less water and break the quicklite coal in half or just use two of my coconaras. I'm most likely ordering my KM by Friday from hookahset.com Has anyone ever used them to purchase a hookah before? Just looking for some feedback to make sure I'm buying it from a good place. Thanks!
[/quote]

I've never ordered from them, but going by the things I hear about them, I am glad about it.

Trusted vendors here:-

Hookahjohn.com
hookahcompany.com
ultimatehookah.com
nazarhookah.com
5starhookah.com (They are new compared to others, but have excellent prices atm, and my personal experience has been good).

Here is the hookah I want to buy. If I could find the same deal through a more trusted distributor I would buy it tonight! Here is a link to it. I was given a price of $50.00 + $12.00 shipping. http://www.hookahset.com/kM-Standard-Coffee-Hookah-Premier-2-33-/863/

Well today I broke 1 small 3 king in half and it made a good difference in the harshness but it was still a bit gnarly when taking an extended pull. I am gonna try 2 coconaras tomorrow and see how that works. I ordered a 31" caravan egyptian today so I'm looking forward to smoking from a better hookah!

[quote name='No Name Available' timestamp='1311900025' post='517533']
Well today I broke 1 small 3 king in half and it made a good difference in the harshness but it was still a bit gnarly when taking an extended pull. I am gonna try 2 coconaras tomorrow and see how that works. I ordered a 31" caravan egyptian today so I'm looking forward to smoking from a better hookah!
[/quote]

I'll bet your excited to get a new pipe! It makes a HUGE difference, everything tastes better in my new KM!

I feel so relieved knowing next week I won't have these issues! I didn't expect a whole lot from the pumpkin pipe. The lounge i go to uses the same style pipe so I know it will get the job done! I was gonna get a KM but the one i want is more than I wanted to spend. I will probably buy the KM I'm after in a few months.

[quote name='No Name Available' timestamp='1311902379' post='517536']
I feel so relieved knowing next week I won't have these issues! I didn't expect a whole lot from the pumpkin pipe. The lounge i go to uses the same style pipe so I know it will get the job done! I was gonna get a KM but the one i want is more than I wanted to spend. I will probably buy the KM I'm after in a few months.
[/quote]

I hope you do! Yeah, I had a pumpkin for a while, I know what you mean. Which KM do you like?

The KM Kafae (why HookahSet calls it the Coffee is beyond me) is a very good classic KM. It will treat you right. However, just use caution when ordering from them. I have heard horrible stories. I used to recommend them but after they kept screwing up even after I told them what to fix and how to fix it, I decided I no longer could. So just be aware.

Caravan Trading Company (Caravan_Trading on eBay) often lists KMs for great prices. I've heard no complaints about them. I searched and this is their best deal on a KM at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/29-1-Hose-KHALIL-MAMOON-Ruby-Arabesque-HOOKAH-Egyptian-/390322917277?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae10f0f9d

It's a KM Amer and will treat you right; just as well as the Kafae would.

Other than that, you probably won't find a KM cheaper from an online vendor. This is where you turn to the trades on here. KMs are always popping up for sale. KMs are durable, so usually when you buy one used it will not have any issues with it. I've bought a few from members on here and they've all been excellent.

Hope you enjoy your new Caravan Egyptian hookah until you get your KM!

I like the 1001 nights a lot! That Amber Incubusratm posted is sooo nice and i almost ordered it but i got such a great deal on a blue nirvana I couldn't pass up! The KM's Caravan sells don't come with a KM hose unfortunately. I'll give a little review on the Egyptian when it arrives! I'm looking forward to it showing up in time for next weekend so me and my girlfriend can kick back with some PBRs and a new pipe! Thanks for all the help everyone! I love this forum!

[quote name='No Name Available' timestamp='1311905348' post='517544']
I like the 1001 nights a lot! That Amber Incubusratm posted is sooo nice and i almost ordered it but i got such a great deal on a blue nirvana I couldn't pass up! The KM's Caravan sells [b]don't come with a KM hose unfortunately.[/b] I'll give a little review on the Egyptian when it arrives! I'm looking forward to it showing up in time for next weekend so me and my girlfriend can kick back with some PBRs and a new pipe! Thanks for all the help everyone! I love this forum!
[/quote]

If they come with a Caravan hose, those are also fantastic quality.

From my understanding all their hookahs come with your average hose but you can upgrade to the Grand Caravan hose which looks really nice and seems to get great reviews! I made sure to get one with my order haha!

Well today I used 2 coconaras and that solved my issue for about 15 minutes and then each pull got a little bit more harsh to the point I was having a coughing fit every pull. Can I get away with just 1 coconara on such a small bowl?

[quote name='No Name Available' timestamp='1311966390' post='517648']
Well today I used 2 coconaras and that solved my issue for about 15 minutes and then each pull got a little bit more harsh to the point I was having a coughing fit every pull. Can I get away with just 1 coconara on such a small bowl?
[/quote]

Sure you can. If you have a good knife and a hammer you can cut it in half, but you can make it on one and move it around.

• 2 weeks later...