Khalil Mamoon Pharonie

Scrappydoo

***could not find topic for Pharonie, either but since my baby was identified as such I thought I'd review it! You can move it as you please! :)

[font="Georgia"][size="4"][color="#000080"]KHALIL MAMOON Pharonie

[size="2"][color="#000000"]Total pipe height: 33 inches
Total stem height: 23 inches
Base height: 14 inches
Stem construction: Stainless, upturned downstem
Heart: closed
grommets: Rubber except at the base, where (typical Kuwait) they wrap the area with what looks like cotton bandaging that needs to be replaced often. I am looking for a rubber grommet.
hose: I was given a standard cheapie hose, which I quickly replaced with a fuzzy hose.
Glass: Standard KM base, clear with gold decorations and "Khalil Mamoon" printed in white paint on the top
Pretty heavy and thick glass, I am really happy with it.
Pull: Incredible pull and easy to seal.
Appearance: I love the appearance of this guy. It has beautiful copper accents and decorative markings on the stem and plate. This is by far the heaviest pipe I've ever picked up, very stable and balanced. It is a strong and clean looking classic design. There are little minor "issues" standard for handmade pipes I assume. I wasn't given a standard tray, it moves around a bit, I wish I had a smaller, tighter tray but this is a minor snafu.
Cleanability: Super easy. Just a long brush down the stem and shorter brush for hose port and base.

Price: About $110 USD, came with two bowls, tongs, cleaning kit, 2 50g of tobacco and carrying case.

Purchased from: Local shop called "Sarah's"

Overall: 9.5/10 There are a few small things that keep it from being perfect, mostly the base grommet "cloth" bugs me. I would highly recommend this sturdy beautiful pipe and have a feeling it will serve me a long time.
[/color][/size][/color][/size][/font]