How Many Kilos Of Shisha Can You Bring Into The Us From Saudi Arabia?

Hey guys, my roommate is moving back to Cincinnati after being home for a few months. He is coming from Saudi Arabia to Cincinnati and he was wondering how many kilos of shisha he can bring back with him and still be able to make it through customs? We were hoping that 15-20 kilos is about the answer we're looking for, but if he had to pay duty taxes [I think thats what they're called?] any idea how much the fees would be? Lets say for 20 kilos?

not sure how it works for the US but there is usually some kind of amount per person limit, anything more you have to pay to bring with you, one kilo for slovenia, anything above is (base price +20% tax) + 30% for bringing it in (oh yeah it sucks to live here for these reasons)... I hope you are luckier :P btw, if you cant supply the original receipt they just decide what the price could/should be over here, based on either checking it (presumably on google) or just their personal estimate, they can be dicks that way... Again, I hope you have better luck :P

i would assume generally most any number would be fine as long as you list it for personal use. i know my dad has brought back many bottles of wine from australia and claimed them all as for personal use

[quote name='IainUM' timestamp='1309740210' post='514516']
i would assume generally most any number would be fine as long as you list it for personal use. i know my dad has brought back many bottles of wine from australia and claimed them all as for personal use
[/quote]

i brought like 8 bottles of wine from spain without a problem. and like .5 a kilo of tobacco. no troubles.

i would call to be sure. i think because it's hookah tobacco it wouldn't be an issue - cigarettes would be more of an issue i think. maybe he should get them at a duty free in saudi in the airport (i heard it's cheaper in the duty free places in the gulf countries (emirates and kuwait)

Nah it's waaaaay cheaper to buy in the city, duty free they're pretty much the same as US prices. He can get a 5 kilo bucket of DA for like 100 SR which is like $25 soooo :)

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1309755252' post='514523']
Nah it's waaaaay cheaper to buy in the city, duty free they're pretty much the same as US prices. He can get a 5 kilo bucket of DA for like 100 SR which is like $25 soooo :)
[/quote]

jesus christ, that is CHEAP

Check the DHS website. They have information about this. I read on the site that bringing tobacco back in cigarette or cigar form, there is a specific amount to bring back without being charged duty fees and taxes. The number of cigars was between 100 and 200, however shisha is measured by grams and kilos so I'm not sure how that measurement applies in these circumstances.

I know for certain it isnt 2 kilos, he brought 6 back last time no problem

well i tried looking for some answers but it looks like he will have to contact the port he is entering from

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/53/p/0/c/0/session/L3NpZC9zd2lyY2F5aw%3D%3D

read the second paragraph is says for loose or pipe tobacco contact the port and then it has a lists of all places. They didn't have anything specific to hookah tobacco just cigars and cigarettes.