Another Dane

slartie

Hi all,

My name is Lars. I have been following the discussions on this forum
for some time, but for some reason but I never got around to signing
up. What's up with that?

Anyway, I'm here now and I am looking forward to taking part in the discussions / debates.

And now a plead to the gods: Please remove all tax on tobacco so we don't have to pay 8 USD for 50 grams!

I think that's it for now.

The men at women at the danish border will make sure i pay toll +
danish tax on anything that comes my way. I could probably get away
with it if someone from the outside bought it for me and sent it as a
gift, but that would be a hassle.

or you could give special instructions to whoever you order it from to
list it as a gift, and maybe for good measure make up a name for them
to put on the return address using the same last name as you so it
looks liek a relative sending it 

Yeah have the retailer package it like a personal package, NO RECEIPT
inside, and even enclose a birthday card!  Have him check "gift"
on the customs form.
I'm sure he wouldn't do that for everyone, but if you ask nicely he might do it.
You should do that for a large tobacco order, not small 50g packs.

HI Slartie - already know you "from Danmark"
Secret about ordering from USA/outside EU is knowing which courier will handle it at the "customs". It will not be any officials making the check but the different freight operators.
Some of them dont care whilst others take huge fees for providing you customs "service". F.ex if your package goes through the hands of PostDenmark you are sure they will rip it apart no matter how "gifty" you can make it look and at the same time lighten you from the burden of a 20-30 dollar on top of the taxes.
When you then do order, have them write "maessel" - it the clear truth and no danish deliveryguy will have a clue on what that is. "Incense" works fine to.

• 2 months later...
Hey kkibak - welcome the forum - and to Denmark
The reason we go outlandish for tobacco is a wider range of choice - some brands are just not available in DK - sadly.
The green shops usually only holds El-basha.basha or sometimes with some luck a limited range of Nakhla. Other strange (but often good) brands pop up like kamarain, prince molassas and others.
Recently this trade has been suppressed by intensive control from the tax authorities - making the supply both in quantity and sortiment largely reduced. Many of the green shops have simply given up the on the not taxed tobacco business and others must settle for the crap they can get. This is not a process stopped yet and it might end with the termination of this trade.
Therefore - and for the other mentioned reasons alternatives like "shady" import is relevant.
So what is the nature of your stay in Denmark? Study?

Ok
Well we have a plan at the similar danish hookah forum - to meet at some hookah lounge one time.
I'll keep you informed on that one.
The page is:
[url="http://www.roolig.dk/vandpibe-forum"]http://www.roolig.dk/vandpibe-forum[/url]