Gay Or Bi Hookah Smokers?

Tyler

Well I didn't want to post the original reason for this post because it might have skewed the results but when I did this I was writing an essay on the LGBTQ community and looking at recent treands that have been absorbed into the youth of American culture. Hookah was/is one of those new "up and coming things" that many people didn't understand 1, 2, even 3 years ago as much as they do today. Sure it is still met with a lot of mixed emotion but I'd say since this post hookah has become a lot more popular and commonplace. My thesis was that people in the LGBTQ community would graviate towards this trend more and more as it offers a less cliche place than the local "gay club" which a lot of my LGBTQ friends try to avoid now. So yeah, this was just a very small sample of data used to see if it was worht looking into hehe but there has been some good and...interesting conversation haha :P

Interesting, I agree it would have skewed the results, but I'm glad you shared that. Did the results tell you that the "hangout" spot for gays was gravitating towards hookah lounges rather then gay bars?

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1340107253' post='549559']
Well I didn't want to post the original reason for this post because it might have skewed the results but when I did this I was writing an essay on the LGBTQ community and looking at recent treands that have been absorbed into the youth of American culture. Hookah was/is one of those new "up and coming things" that many people didn't understand 1, 2, even 3 years ago as much as they do today. Sure it is still met with a lot of mixed emotion but I'd say since this post hookah has become a lot more popular and commonplace. My thesis was that people in the LGBTQ community would graviate towards this trend more and more as it offers a less cliche place than the local "gay club" which a lot of my LGBTQ friends try to avoid now. So yeah, this was just a very small sample of data used to see if it was worht looking into hehe but there has been some good and...interesting conversation haha :P
[/quote]

Dude, you just blew my mind.

I did find through actual polling and research that recent generations of LGBTQ community seem to prefer more "chilled out" and relaxed places as a regular hangout to "get out" of the house and the two most popular places were hookah cafes and electronic gaming center/coffee shops. Looking at my paper it was a small minority, 21%, that actually preferred going to gay clubs/bars over any other place. My sampled age range was 18-26 with 100 in each age.

Interesting. The times they are a changing. So now we just need a hookah lounge/gaming center/coffee shop mix haha. That actually sounds amazing.

I guess this new generation is getting tired of seeing the same faces in gay bars. It does open up the selection though by going to a place that isn't going to have most of the towns gay population in one place every night.