Gay Or Bi Hookah Smokers?

Tyler

So here in Cincinnati, I know a lot of gay and bi people who are regulars at the cafe, I was just wondering how many we have here? I am myself bisexual so that's at least one :)

Bisexual here. Haven't noticed a trend around this town! But then again, I also stopped attending the hookah lounge scene lately.

I'm Bisexual, but everybody smokes hookah. I've seen young and old of all ethnics and sexual orientation at the lounge I work it. I do live in the Bay Area in CA though.

• 2 weeks later...
Years ago there was a regular member here that was openly gay. People would ask him questions related to his sexual orientation and he'd answer them.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='xtianhookahlover' timestamp='1310069150' post='515025']
I'm bi, but married to a woman in a monogamous hetero relationship, so I won't be having relations with any more men. Does that still make me bi? I think it does...

[/quote]

Please don't think I mean this as judgement, I am just wondering how your wife feels about this? I think I would have second thoughts about marrying a bisexual man, there would be underlying worries. I think if I did marry a bisexual man, I would have to take a step back and allow him to pursue "the other side" or feel like I was keeping him from something he really enjoys? Just a thought, I hope you are not offended.

[quote name='Scrappydoo' timestamp='1310224533' post='515270']
I'm bi, but married to a woman in a monogamous hetero relationship, so I won't be having relations with any more men. Does that still make me bi? I think it does...

[/quote]

Please don't think I mean this as judgement, I am just wondering how your wife feels about this? I think I would have second thoughts about marrying a bisexual man, there would be underlying worries. I think if I did marry a bisexual man,[b] I would have to take a step back and allow him to pursue "the other side" or feel like I was keeping him from something[/b] he really enjoys? Just a thought, I hope you are not offended.
[/quote]

If he's made a commitment to you, then you aren't keeping him from anything at all. It's a choice that you make in a relationship, and it applies to heterosexual relationships as well. Surely a straight man would enjoy other women too, but he chooses to commit to only one.

[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1310322204' post='515375']

[/quote]

Please don't think I mean this as judgement, I am just wondering how your wife feels about this? I think I would have second thoughts about marrying a bisexual man, there would be underlying worries. I think if I did marry a bisexual man,[b] I would have to take a step back and allow him to pursue "the other side" or feel like I was keeping him from something[/b] he really enjoys? Just a thought, I hope you are not offended.
[/quote]

If he's made a commitment to you, then you aren't keeping him from anything at all. It's a choice that you make in a relationship, and it applies to heterosexual relationships as well. Surely a straight man would enjoy other women too, but he chooses to commit to only one.
[/quote]

Right, I really don't see how it's any different than if he were straight.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1310323761' post='515381']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. If he was bi you would feel like you were keeping him from seeing men? Even if he was straight. You would feel as you were keeping him from seeing other women. Same concept.

I suppose the desire makes me bi-curious? I would consider myself bisexual but I'm primarily attracted to women and I've never been sexually active with another man so really I have no idea if I'd enjoy it or not. In my world, we're all from the same energy, there are souls I'm attracted to and those I'm not. I operate a bit more emotionally and spiritually than alot of men. If a woman is hot as fuck but is bitchy or really dumb I have very little interest in her. When substance meets style, THAT'S when I'm attracted. I wouldn't consider a man for a traditional relationship but am curious nonetheless.

KABLAM! Shit just got real.

[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1310325702' post='515385']
I suppose the desire makes me bi-curious? I would consider myself bisexual but I'm primarily attracted to women and I've never been sexually active with another man so really I have no idea if I'd enjoy it or not. In my world, we're all from the same energy, there are souls I'm attracted to and those I'm not. I operate a bit more emotionally and spiritually than alot of men. If a woman is hot as fuck but is bitchy or really dumb I have very little interest in her. When substance meets style, THAT'S when I'm attracted. I wouldn't consider a man for a traditional relationship but am curious nonetheless.

[/quote]

The would make you poly-amorous dearest.

I am Bisexual.

[quote name='Miss Crafted' timestamp='1310340163' post='515406']
[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1310325702' post='515385']

[/quote]

The would make you poly-amorous dearest.

I am Bisexual.
[/quote]

Agreed. Also known as a pansexual.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1310324838' post='515384']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1310323761' post='515381']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. If he was bi you would feel like you were keeping him from seeing men? Even if he was straight. You would feel as you were keeping him from seeing other women. Same concept.
[/quote]

NOT EVEN the same concept. Not to be graphic, but men and women have different body parts. As I understand it, a BI person is attracted to both and since I don't have a penis, I am wondering if his getting rid of half of his attraction would eventually cause him to cheat. Don't oversimplify it. Men together having gay sex is not the same as a woman and man having sex. IF a man is going to cheat with another woman it is not because he is missing some body part that I don't have. Honestly, I don't understand bi.. I am not homophobic but I don't understand bi or gay, I think a man and woman together is a beautiful thing.

Well to clarify, though I believe we all come from the same energy, I don't deny the male and female polars of such either. I am male and yet am in touch with my feminine more than many men out there. I still consider myself 100% male identified though more broadly and perhaps more importantly I am 100% human. I'm open and receptive, which is feminine in nature, and naturally bends into my sexuality a bit. So to put it more in the realm of physicality, I am attracted primarily to women and women parts. I am also physically attracted to men and male parts and have been since puberty. And open to having sexual intercourse with a male were the circumstance and person right. I simply tend to bond with people on deeper (though not necessarily inherently more important) levels and that is what I am attracted to, WHO the person is which of course by nature includes their specific gender in the identity, as well as the physical aspects of attraction. That said I am also a hormonal and visual/tactile lover. While I agree with the basic idea of pansexuality it's too amorphous for me to consider myself one. Is the only thing keeping me from claiming bisexuality my lack of experience? Is it parallel to the difference between an agnostic and a believer?

I don't NEED to categorize myself btw, I think categorization only does so much, I'd rather just be me whatever that is. However it can help us sort out our identity as we process through life. I can say I'm a rapper but that's within the broader identity of musician. I can say I'm straight or bi but really it's all expressions of the lover. But wtf do I know. I've had sex with one human being in this life. Maybe I should explore the world a bit before I try and throw a label on anything, particularly my own damn self.

(trying to figure it out, glad there's a thread to help, lol)

[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1310375348' post='515443']
Well to clarify, though I believe we all come from the same energy, I don't deny the male and female polars of such either. I am male and yet am in touch with my feminine more than many men out there. I still consider myself 100% male identified though more broadly and perhaps more importantly I am 100% human. I'm open and receptive, which is feminine in nature, and naturally bends into my sexuality a bit. So to put it more in the realm of physicality, I am attracted primarily to women and women parts. I am also physically attracted to men and male parts and have been since puberty. And open to having sexual intercourse with a male were the circumstance and person right. I simply tend to bond with people on deeper (though not necessarily inherently more important) levels and that is what I am attracted to, WHO the person is which of course by nature includes their specific gender in the identity, as well as the physical aspects of attraction. That said I am also a hormonal and visual/tactile lover. While I agree with the basic idea of pansexuality it's too amorphous for me to consider myself one. Is the only thing keeping me from claiming bisexuality my lack of experience? Is it parallel to the difference between an agnostic and a believer?

I don't NEED to categorize myself btw, I think categorization only does so much, I'd rather just be me whatever that is. However it can help us sort out our identity as we process through life. I can say I'm a rapper but that's within the broader identity of musician. I can say I'm straight or bi but really it's all expressions of the lover. But wtf do I know. I've had sex with one human being in this life. Maybe I should explore the world a bit before I try and throw a label on anything, particularly my own damn self.

[/quote]

I am trying to be more practical. I look in my pants--that's a woman. Look in my husband's pants, man. Those parts fit together. I don't know about all the getting in touch with your opposite sex side or any of that stuff. I never thought of myself as closed minded but as I ponder Xtian's post, I guess I am more so than I thought because I guess I could never marry a man who admits he is bisexual and I would probably divorce one if I found out after. Just me.

[quote name='Scrappydoo' timestamp='1310378704' post='515444']
[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1310375348' post='515443']

[/quote]

I am trying to be more practical. I look in my pants--that's a woman. Look in my husband's pants, man. Those parts fit together. I don't know about all the getting in touch with your opposite sex side or any of that stuff. I never thought of myself as closed minded but as I ponder Xtian's post, I guess I am more so than I thought because I guess I could never marry a man who admits he is bisexual and I would probably divorce one if I found out after. Just me.
[/quote]

ALso, I think it's unfair to assign personality traits to a certain gender. I know hetero men who are more nurturing with children than I could ever be. I know females who are WAY better athletes or soldiers than any man I know. Sex is an act. In long term relationships there are traditional roles and couples who refuse to fall into traditional roles. I don't know, Tyler opened a BIG can of worms! LOL! As I said, I guess I am more closed minded that I would like to admit. I have gay freinds but in all reality, I would rather NOT know what any of my friends enjoy in the bedroom, that's private and their business. Maybe Uncle Tom is a sado-masochist, his business. I think sexual acts and sexual preferences should be each of our right to enjoy as we please, nobody else's business and private. I hate when people feel the need to shout from the rooftops what they enjoy in sex. Labels are for designer clothes.

[quote name='Scrappydoo' timestamp='1310371041' post='515442']
NOT EVEN the same concept. Not to be graphic, but men and women have different body parts. As I understand it, a BI person is attracted to both and since I don't have a penis, I am wondering if his getting rid of half of his attraction would eventually cause him to cheat. Don't oversimplify it. Men together having gay sex is not the same as a woman and man having sex. IF a man is going to cheat with another woman it is not because he is missing some body part that I don't have. Honestly, I don't understand bi.. [u]I am not homophobic but I don't understand bi or gay, I think a man and woman together is a beautiful thing.[/u]
[/quote]

Erm...sorry, but you sound very much like a homophobic. Someone saying that they don't understand gay, or bi is like someone saying that they don't understand 'straight'. I am not trying to force my opinion on you, and not trying to force you to understand it, the thing is that it doesn't require any more understanding than to understand being straight. It's not limited to humans only, animals are gay too, just as they are straight.

[/quote]

[quote name='Scrappydoo' timestamp='1310379083' post='515446']
ALso, I think it's unfair to assign personality traits to a certain gender. I know hetero men who are more nurturing with children than I could ever be. I know females who are WAY better athletes or soldiers than any man I know. Sex is an act. In long term relationships there are traditional roles and couples who refuse to fall into traditional roles. I don't know, Tyler opened a BIG can of worms! LOL! As I said, I guess I am more closed minded that I would like to admit. [u]I have gay freinds but in all reality, I would rather NOT know what any of my friends enjoy in the bedroom, that's private and their business.[/u] Maybe Uncle Tom is a sado-masochist, his business. [u]I think sexual acts and sexual preferences should be each of our right to enjoy as we please, nobody else's business and private. I hate when people feel the need to shout from the rooftops what they enjoy in sex.[/u] Labels are for designer clothes.
[/quote]

Don't think anyone is shouting anything about it, people are simply identifying themselves as who they are, without going into any details as far as I can read.

Note: I am 100% straight, and I am not trying to attack you, sorry if it sounds like I am, but there was something I can't pin point in your comments that kind of got me riled over.

Oh, dear. Seems I came in at an awkward time. j/k. Umm...bi (possibly pan if you want to get technical, though I don't care too much)+ poly here, in a long-term relationship with a woman, but we're open to the occasional bit of fun with others regardless of sex and/or gender. Got more important things to do than put everyone I meet into a certain box, ya know? :drinks:
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1310383234' post='515449']
[quote name='Scrappydoo' timestamp='1310371041' post='515442']
NOT EVEN the same concept. Not to be graphic, but men and women have different body parts. As I understand it, a BI person is attracted to both and since I don't have a penis, I am wondering if his getting rid of half of his attraction would eventually cause him to cheat. Don't oversimplify it. Men together having gay sex is not the same as a woman and man having sex. IF a man is going to cheat with another woman it is not because he is missing some body part that I don't have. Honestly, I don't understand bi.. [u]I am not homophobic but I don't understand bi or gay, I think a man and woman together is a beautiful thing.[/u]
[/quote]

Erm...sorry, but you sound very much like a homophobic. Someone saying that they don't understand gay, or bi is like someone saying that they don't understand 'straight'. I am not trying to force my opinion on you, and not trying to force you to understand it, the thing is that it doesn't require any more understanding than to understand being straight. It's not limited to humans only, animals are gay too, just as they are straight.

[/quote]

[quote name='Scrappydoo' timestamp='1310379083' post='515446']
ALso, I think it's unfair to assign personality traits to a certain gender. I know hetero men who are more nurturing with children than I could ever be. I know females who are WAY better athletes or soldiers than any man I know. Sex is an act. In long term relationships there are traditional roles and couples who refuse to fall into traditional roles. I don't know, Tyler opened a BIG can of worms! LOL! As I said, I guess I am more closed minded that I would like to admit. [u]I have gay freinds but in all reality, I would rather NOT know what any of my friends enjoy in the bedroom, that's private and their business.[/u] Maybe Uncle Tom is a sado-masochist, his business. [u]I think sexual acts and sexual preferences should be each of our right to enjoy as we please, nobody else's business and private. I hate when people feel the need to shout from the rooftops what they enjoy in sex.[/u] Labels are for designer clothes.
[/quote]

Don't think anyone is shouting anything about it, people are simply identifying themselves as who they are, without going into any details as far as I can read.

Note: I am 100% straight, and I am not trying to attack you, sorry if it sounds like I am, but there was something I can't pin point in your comments that kind of got me riled over.
[/quote]

A HOMOPHOBIC, phobic meaning afraid, would be a person who hates, is afraid, judgemental of homosexuals. This is not me. I am just not gay, have no desire to explore that, don't understand the attraction. Does that make me a hater? Does that make me afraid? NO! I already said, I have quite a few friends and coworkers who are gay or I suspect but it doesn't affect what I think of them as a person.

Well, if you "pin point" it, I'd be interested to know what I said thas has your feathers all riled. What I mean, if I can explain it, is that I don't [i]understand[/i] gay. FOR ME. I can see another woman's naked body and find nothing attractive about it, have no desire to do anything to it. I see a sexy man and I think, "wow, I'd like to do xxxx--fill in the blank." IF I saw a naked woman, I would be annoyed. " Go put your clothes on!" Everyone is different and you can't be mad at someone who doesn't LIKE what you do. I also don't like chocolate. Is that OK? I don't like it, have no desire to eat it, if there was never chocolate on this earth again, I wouldn't care. I am not trying to over-simplify such a complicated subject. You can't say that there are not some Homosexuals who use that one label to define everything they do. I didn't say here,specifically, but it gets annoying. What a person does in the bedroom shouldn't define everything they do and personally I could care less if a person has sex with the opposite sex, the same sex or a blow up doll. It is your business and I'd rather not know unless you are a close friend or family.

[/quote]

Well, if the knowledge of bisexuality was there and not communicated before marriage there are much deeper issues at hand anyhow. I don't think this is a matter of practicality. Relationships are deep and people are made of body, mind, and spirit and you can't really separate them no matter how you may think you can. I have a penis. I mean technically anything that has a mouth fits with what's in my pants right? If we're talking tetris logic. So does anything with an ass. Anything that has a mouth or fingers (or any phallic object really) can stimulate a vagina. At that point, purely physically, it can all feel good, obviously or there would not be homosexuality at all. That's when the mind and personality come into play and each individual can decide what and who they enjoy. I've been homophobic in the past, I was raised very religiously, and now though I consider myself straight, feel it worth at least exploring options so that I'm not limiting my happiness because I haven't tested and stretched who I am. Eventually I realized there was nothing to fear at all. Because it doesn't matter lol. People are people, regardless of any race, creed, or orientation. The trip is when we stop asking what makes us different and start asking...what makes us all alike? Then shit gets deep, lol. And that's the difference between division and exclusivity and inclusion and unity. Freedom to be who we are and yet acknowledged, loved, and respected as part of a greater whole.

I just don't see how this is a matter of simplicity or practicality. BTW, I really am enjoying this thread, I'm not attacking you at all, sometimes it's tough to read inflection and intent so I wanna put that out there so nothing can be misconstrued :)

[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1310398174' post='515486']
[/quote]

Well, if the knowledge of bisexuality was there and not communicated before marriage there are much deeper issues at hand anyhow. I don't think this is a matter of practicality. Relationships are deep and people are made of body, mind, and spirit and you can't really separate them no matter how you may think you can. I have a penis. I mean technically anything that has a mouth fits with what's in my pants right? If we're talking tetris logic. So does anything with an ass. Anything that has a mouth or fingers (or any phallic object really) can stimulate a vagina. At that point, purely physically, it can all feel good, obviously or there would not be homosexuality at all. That's when the mind and personality come into play and each individual can decide what and who they enjoy. I've been homophobic in the past, I was raised very religiously, and now though I consider myself straight, feel it worth at least exploring options so that I'm not limiting my happiness because I haven't tested and stretched who I am. Eventually I realized there was nothing to fear at all. Because it doesn't matter lol. People are people, regardless of any race, creed, or orientation. The trip is when we stop asking what makes us different and start asking...what makes us all alike? Then shit gets deep, lol. And that's the difference between division and exclusivity and inclusion and unity. Freedom to be who we are and yet acknowledged, loved, and respected as part of a greater whole.

I just don't see how this is a matter of simplicity or practicality. BTW, I really am enjoying this thread, I'm not attacking you at all, sometimes it's tough to read inflection and intent so I wanna put that out there so nothing can be misconstrued :)
[/quote]

I am enjoying hearing other's opinions as well and I don't feel attacked (by you) there are some others who are kind of hostile, but those are people who are closed minded but quick to call another that. Back to your theory, OK, maybe. But speaking as a woman there is no phallic shaped object or fingers that comes even CLOSE to a penis in satisfaction. Just ---no way. Why settle for the tofu when you can have the beef?

[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1310398174' post='515486']
[/quote]

[/quote]

One last thing. You CAN have a meaningful, deep relationship with a person of either gender--that doesn't mean you have to add sex to it to make it complete. This is my last post because people are getting angry, judgemental and really personal---last thought FROM ME is. To each his own. There should be a sense of sophistication and privacy, I really don't want to hear about other's sexual practices. Once you reach a level of maturity and respect your partner, you realize how important that privacy and protection is. I made a comparison between sex and food tastes earlier and maybe it is beyond some's ability to understand. Some people like fish. I hate fish. It would be rude for me to see you eating dinner and go "eww, yuck!" RIGHT? So have some class and respect people's opinions and choices in something that is so much more intimate and private than dinner.