Sidi Mansour Reviews

mushrat

Post your reviews below for Sidi Mansour Flavours. Questions and comments should be posted in separate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Sidi Mansour (flavour)

[b]Sidi Mansour Double Apple[/b]

(NB. The packet simply says "Apple", but shows an image of two apples. Usually sold as Double Apple, and that's what most would call the flavour.)
[color="#1C2837"]
[b]Hookah:[/b] KYNMR 35" Premium Black Arabic Calligraphy
[b]Bowl:[/b] Saphire Hot Shot (see review - load capacity just 4-6g)
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Alufoil heavy-duty precut shisha foil; 3-4mm air gap enforced by bowl design; generous amount of fork-sized holes
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor clone
[b]Coals: [/b]Abo Alabed, natural Syrian olive wood finger coals, 2 large pieces, each 50-60mm (LOTS of heat)
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] water

[b]Origin: [/b]Tunisia
[b]Appearance:[/b] fine, short cut, very few stems, moist. Looks like Nakhla, handles like Tangiers.
[b]Nicotine: [/b]doesn't say, but packs more buzz than most Nakhla. Very pleasant, satisfying buzz from a 45 min session.
[b]Base: [/b]Molasses & glycerine, though the English on the packet says "Sauce, Tobacco, Sugar, Glycerine, Permetted [sic] colouring, Fruit Aromas and preservatives"
[b]Smell:[/b] Similar to Nak DA, sweeter, not quite so much anise though still plenty. Very, very alluring smell, I [b]want[/b] to smoke it.
[b]Taste: [/b]Subtle initially, sweet, pleasant, full flavour develops with moderate heat (it's possible to overdo it). Subjectively at least as good as Nak TA or AF DA.
[b]Smoke: [/b]Much like Nak, plenty adequate, but visibly thinner and greyer than those brands that drip with glycerine. Much thicker with windcover when needed.
[b]Buzz: [/b]First class. Pleasant, powerful nicotine buzz which set in before exhaustion. Best buzz this year.
[b]Duration: [/b]50 minutes (see Hot Shot bowl review, this is on 4-6g of shisha & one round of coals)[/color]
[color="#1C2837"][b]
[/b][b]Purchased From:[/b] private seller via eBay, £3.70 delivered (but think he made a loss). Realistic price £4 / 75g (seems to only do smallish packets)

[b]Overall:[/b] [b]9.8/10[/b] Absolutely delighted; my first really enjoyable smoke in many sessions. Beats Nak TA hands down for cut, consistency, moisture levels, buzz and taste (never thought I'd say that). I [b]will[/b] be buying more of this. Shame they only do two or three flavours.[/color] Edited by magick777