Friends Kabab

Hassouni

[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Atmosphere: 4.5 out of 5. This used to be a mediocre Persian restaurant, then they added an outdoor terrace and nargiles and now that's why most people come. Forgetting the fact that it's right on 123 in Tysons, the atmosphere is really nice, if you take some liberties it could even pass for downtown Beirut

Hookah: 4 out of 5. Smallish Mya pipes, AF and SB. Hits well.

Service: N/A. There is no service, you order your food and smokes at the counter

Food: 2.5/5 VERY mediocre Persian food. Caveat: I have very high standards for Persian food. The kabab was bland, and the rice far too soft. If you just want Persian food, go to Rose in Vienna for the best in the area, or Moby Dick in McLean for very good cafeteria style service. At Friends I had to put habanero sauce on stuff to make it interesting. They do have Persian tea though, which is nice.

Price: 3/5. I didn't pay or see the bill, but we got: 1 kabab dish ($12 or so), 1 hookah, a bottle of water, and a large pot of tea. The total was 35, so subtracting food, 23 for tea, water, and a pipe. Seems like a lot, even if the tea was big.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Overall recommendation: The atmosphere was really nice and the hookah was decent. Prices and food are a bit meh, but if you're in the McLean/Tyson's/Vienna area, it's nicer than Lebnan Zaman just around the corner (sorry Aaron!)[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]