Your Recommendations

I just smoked a hookah for the first time today, and I was immediately hooked. I'm planning on buying one soon, and I think I've decided on the Mya QT. I was looking for any other recommendations within that price range and also any overall advice would help.

The mya QT is an excellent pipe. Its small but heavy. The base is well built and the bowls and hose work well. I suggest upgrading the hose and bowl but you dont NEED to do it right away. But I loved my QT.

I don't like the new class of the QTs out there there, they are more hollow than solid (C-Class???..Mush Knows), but they smoke great. Hard to find the older ones now. I would suggest the Mya Vento or Mono. Smoke just like the QT and the stems are freaking boat anchors!!!!

The Good Stem
[img]http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/catalog/Crown-2-Pink---L.jpg[/img]
The best of these they stopped making. They were one piece stem. The new ones the bowl adapters can screw off.

[img]http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/catalog/QT-1-Amber-L.jpg[/img]
Most Common QT Stem now.

Don't get me wrong I think it works for the Chic...but the old QT Stem was just phenomenal!!!!!!

i would say go with the bambino over the QT.

i had a QT a while ago, but really enjoy the bambino more. not to mention, the interior of the bambino stem is smooth, so it's a dream to clean it - the qt stem is rough on the inside (like just about all of the other mya stems) and just chews up stem brushes

I know I have the old style QT and love mine. Smokes like a champ. I got 3 solid years out of mine, then upgraded to a nammor hose. can't beat it in terms of price and quality. It seems like the hookah shops around me still have the old style QT's. Might want to check the ones around you.

Well I live in a rural part of Virginia, so there really are no hookah stores or anything like that near me. I like the QT because it's pretty affordable, but also seems like it's a quality hookah. I saw several for around 20 dollars, but I don't want to get a cheap hookah that will only last me a month. I'm open to any suggestions.

man, we attract a lot of Virginians! yeah, I say if it's your first one you cant go wrong with a QT. check craigslist too, but show us it before you buy it if u get it from CL lol

I bought my first hookah, a Mya piccolo from an Egyptian (or something like that) deli near my house, got it down to 40 bucks(everywhere else said 70+ for the same thing)...its been about a year now that ive had it, never had an issue with it and its always pulled great. Convenient to bring around with me too because its both small and came with the carrying case. All of my friends say it pulls better than the ones at the hookah bars near my house (and this is before my replacement bowl and hose even arrived, still waiting on that)...try looking around, I just saw some hookahs on display of the front window and took a look inside and ended up getting a great deal!

I looked around on ebay, and while I do like how the Bambino looks better, this one looked very reasonable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mya-Saray-Hookah-14-MYA-QT-Hookah-Blue-/190539342704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&NHT (Non-Hookah Tobacco)=item2c5d07a370

I think I may get this one because it appears to be such a better deal than on any of the other websites I've seen.